Square Enix's Avengers

Marvel is getting amazing partners for their games!
Sony/Insomniac
Capcom
Telltale
Now Square/CD/Eidos

Damn I'm excited.

They better be careful. This is the same crap that Marvel did before Disney bought them. I really hope the contract arrangements favor Disney more and give these publishers less control bc the last thing we need is for them to be stuck in potentially bad situations for years on end

"The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018."

w8wut.gif

Really? You annouce the game, NOW. But won't reveal more till next year? Come on...:csad:

Better not be some damn fighting game.

better not be a MMO.

I would love for an X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance type action RPG game.

oh, and I want Scarlet Witch!!
Why would people think it would be a fighting game or an MMO when MvCI and Marvel Heroes exist? A game in either genre would be redundant. Neither are in the pedigree of the developers who's expertise is in third person action games

Will only get hyped if not a mobile game

similarly, CD and Eidos Montreal are not iOS and Android developers. Parterning up with SE for a mobile game would be a waste of Disney's money and a waste of those studio's talents. Disney already puts out multiple mobile games with indie developers in that space. Makes no sense why they would get a AAA to work on something that is cheap and relatively quick to push out

so this is multi game partner ship. so there will be other games 'beside's Avengers "from what every other gamer news outlet is saying.

Square Enix teases "multi-game partnership" with Marvel, starting with an Avengers game

2 hours ago

Square Enix just teased “a multi-game partnership” with Marvel, to begin with a project based on the Avengers.
More details are coming next year....
Read more

source:PCGN

it'll be interesting to see what other games of other marvel ip's besides avengers get made.

Why would people think it would be a fighting game or an MMO when MvCI and Marvel Heroes exist? A game in either genre would be redundant. Neither are in the pedigree of the developers who's expertise is in third person action games

That's what I'm hoping for. :yay:

I also don't want something that you need to be online for 100% of the time. I mean online is cool and all, but I'm not a hardcore gamer. Plus my Xbox One was nothing more than a paper weight over the weekend when the storms blew in and knocked out my cable and internet and couldn't play the two games I have for it.

it's square there will be online alot of things game wise are these days most for Dlc purpose and other features. So prep for disappointment there.

Super ****ing pumped for this. Love Tomb Raider and Deus Ex. Incredible pairing. Since this looks like it takes place in the "future" and the new Spider-Man game has an adult Peter, is it possible this is the same universe? Would love them to set up something later on, but I feel like the situation with Sony might be complicated.

The multi-game deal is SUPER interesting. Wonder if they'll all be Avengers games. Because if they aren't--I would LOVE a Daredevil game from this duo.

Imagine you get a large chunk of Hell's Kitchen to explore just like in Deus Ex. First person--parkouring across rooftops, sneaking through apartments, examining crime scenes--and then switch to 3rd person with the click of a button and climb buildings or fight thugs (ala Tomb Raider). I would just lose it.

I'm getting chills thinking about that and the first game in this series was literally only announced hours ago. I need to cool it.

TL;DR: :up:

Daredevil sounds so much more appealing when its not first person. Lol

Daredevil sounds so much more appealing when its not first person. Lol

:funny:

Dammit I didn't even think of that. If the "radar sense" was palatable enough to view consistently, they could do that lol, but regardless I don't think Daredevil is happening anytime soon

there's already agame show casing blindness in first person coming for the ps4. this is it below

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Sound-based horror Perception coming to PS4[/FONT]

Published 1 week ago. 21 comments.

From a studio formed by BioShock and Dead Space developers.

Perception-PS4-Ann.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

Perception, previously announced for PC from independent studio The Deep End Games, formed by BioShock and Dead Space developers, is coming to PlayStation 4 courtesy of Poland-based publisher Feardemic, the studio announced.

Here’s an overview of the game, via the PlayStation Blog:
Perception is a first-person narrative horror adventure that tells the story of Cassie, a blind heroine who uses her extraordinary hearing and razor-sharp wits to unravel the mysteries of an abandoned estate that haunts her dreams.

After months of research, she discovers an abandoned mansion in Gloucester, MA. Once there, Cassie finds that Echo Bluff is worse than her nightmares. A ghostly Presence has tormented its inhabitants over generations, and it now hunts Cassie. She must solve the estate’s mysteries or become one of its victims.

Cassie finds her way by tapping her cane and can “see” via echolocation. She needs to avoid detection and uses ambient sounds of the house to help her navigate or uses objects to create distractions. Every sound creates a visual. But there is a cost…sound will attract your enemies and reveal your location.

But you’ll also need to match wits with the Presence, a mysterious force that haunts the mansion. When playing, you must carefully weigh the risk of making too much noise against the possibility of being discovered. Once spotted, your only hope is to run, hide, and pray that it doesn’t find you. Cassie can also use the ambient sounds of the house to her advantage, by throwing objects like alarm clocks to create “sound bombs” that can distract her enemies.

Then there is the mansion of Echo Bluff, which has grown to almost be a character unto itself as it shifts through the different time periods and messes with the player.
Watch an old trailer for the game below.
[YT]cuIXiQP9930[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, Feardemic, FPS, Horror, Perception, The Deep End Games

So a dare devil game would have to be third person from the jump.

Last edited:
I really hope we get some 3rd person auctioneers as well. An arkham type game with Daredevil would be awesome.

Marvel is getting back into the AAA game business. This is what you've been asking for for a while folks.

All I hope is that these games will deliver and they don't get rushed.

It definitely seems like they took their time setting up these new deals and projects, so I hope that bodes well for everything. Marvel vs. Capcom is pretty hard to mess up anyway IMHO.

An auctioneer game? Just imagine the microtransactions in a game like that where you try to have the highest bid to win

Marvel is getting back into the AAA game business. This is what you've been asking for for a while folks.

All I hope is that these games will deliver and they don't get rushed.

It definitely seems like they took their time setting up these new deals and projects, so I hope that bodes well for everything. Marvel vs. Capcom is pretty hard to mess up anyway IMHO.

people thought the same about SF, so dont underestimate Capcom

I really really hope this Avengers game ends being a 3rd person action adventure game, with all different types of gameplay for the different heroes.

An auctioneer game? Just imagine the microtransactions in a game like that where you try to have the highest bid to win

people thought the same about SF, so dont underestimate Capcom

Honestly, I don't hate Street Fighter V.

I really really hope this Avengers game ends being a 3rd person action adventure game, with all different types of gameplay for the different heroes.

Reminds me of the cancelled game they were gonna put out around the time of the movie.

[YT]7bd4OeguMpI[/YT]

I'm not a fan of that teaser. Too dark and brooding for Marvel - looks too DC for my liking.

Insomniac's Spider-Man. That's going to be awesome.

Yeah looking forward to that too. I like Arkham but not a huge Batman fan, I will get that little bit more out of a game for one of my favourite characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"