Square Enix's Avengers

This is amazing news!!

I'll wait for a gameplay trailer before getting too excited.

I am super excited for this game. It is about time we start getting true AAA Marvel games.

I pretty much trust crystal dynamics and eidos with this. I love the current tomb raider franchise.

So, after years and years of Marvel staying under the radar, relegated to releasing free cell phone games, they're finally making an aggressive move back into console gaming. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and this new Square Enix thing is Marvel laying the gauntlet DOWN.

They did say a while back they were going to really focus on putting AAA games out. I think it was 2015 when they made that statement. Looks like the future is now.

We shall see. All I got is MvC at the moment.

They did say a while back they were going to really focus on putting AAA games out. I think it was 2015 when they made that statement. Looks like the future is now.

it was actually last year after they announced they were shutting down Disney Interactive Studios and around the time Spider-Man was revealed

There was an earlier statement, i think back in 2015 that specifically focused on addressing the lack of AAA games from marvel, and that they were shopping around to find the right devs for their projects.

Coool!

I hope they don't just use the avengers cast from the movies though. Can't wait to see what happens and what the other marvel games are!

I'm curious how this will turn out and what type of gameplay mechanics they are going for.

Also, the trailer seems to hint at them using the newer younger Avengers after the classic team has been defeated or killed.

So does that mean this will feature a team of like Ms. Marvel, Iron Heart, Ultimate Spider-man Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, etc?

I kinda doubt that. I got the sense that its about them returning. As cool as the new characters can be, there's still much that can be done with the classics.
You can bank on the movies rosters being in this. Imo.

The First partnership they announced was the telltale one back in 2015 so I guess GotG will come out first. Then MvC and Spider-Man could release close to each other and finally we'll get this Avengers game. There are also talks of Marvel Heroes being ported to cpnsoles. I'm most excited about Spidey right now as Insomniac are among the best developers around. I mean look at this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=GffiQBzG9KI

Goosebumps every time.

Last edited:
Yeah theres huge potential in that spidey game.

Last edited:
Insomniac is doing Spider-Man, and they are at least competent developers. IMHO, I'm not expecting Spider-Man 2 for next-gen or Arkham Asylum meets Spider-Man.

I just want it to be better than Edge of Time.

Insomniac is doing Spider-Man, and they are at least competent developers. IMHO, I'm not expecting Spider-Man 2 for next-gen or Arkham Asylum meets Spider-Man.

I just want it to be better than Edge of Time.

Have you played Sunset Overdrive (it has fantastic traversal)or Ratchet and Clank? They're really nailing it this gen so far. And I'm happy they are really doing their own thing,no need to copy from other.

Last edited:
The ideal playable characters for this are the ones that got a solo mcu movie and the others that joined the Avengers in the films. I thought the teaser was good but it should have teased more other than the big four, like its not 2012 or 2013 anymore.

Well, the Future is 2018 in this case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"