Square Enix's Avengers

Apparently all story missions can be played offline, so maybe I'll give this a shot after all.

Time stamps where Roseman addresses/debunks the “shared gaming universe” are at 10:00 and 12:19. But it’s not gonna stop people from speculating that Spider-Man will be from Insomniacs game.

No he said they wanted to give all their partners room to tell their own stories and not be held down by what happened in previous games so I’d say he was talking about more than MUA3 at that point.

And I think it’d be interesting if Spider-Man is from insomniac. I’m not at all looking forward to the whining and moaning if he’s not from that game, especially when Roseman has already said that a share universe is not something marvel games is focusing on or pushing on the developers.

thank you we'd be setting our own selve up for that when there was already for warning that's not happening right now. the only this would work is if marvel own the studio's sorry to say that won't happen with these studio's . it's always possible that when these dev's leave these studio's and form a new as they always do marvel should hire them to make purely only marvel games as publisher them selves in stead a licensed deal. it's be more possible to do the game universe game want similar to the MCU and Comic's MU that gamers want.

it's too hard to do it with an out sourced studio and I'm sorry it your licensing it's out sourcing. each studio will do thei own thing. otherwise we'd get even more story confusion like why is this character not around as Rose man said . they don't want conflicting stories as he said.

and selective picking what we want to be true issn't gonna help. that what the bad writer the wrote for marvel did and it made things convoluted cause they only want to do their own thing instead repecting what other wrote prior to their arrival. or what eggar write sort did when he didn't want ant man as part of the avengers and marvel had make alteration's after he was difficult and added ant man & wasp after in time for end game. but they should have beebn there from the start all after, he left.

for Example if they weirdly make this permanent?

12 hours ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS Creative Director Explains Why They Showed Captain America's Death In The Trailer
In a recent interview, Crystal Dynamics Creative Director Shaun Escayg has revealed what the reason was to kill Captain America in Square Enix's upcoming Marvel's The Avengers.Read more

| 6/15/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure" Source: IGN
MARVELSAVENGERSBanner-June15.png

After years of fans waiting to finally see Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics' Avengers Project, the developers finally released a trailer for, the now officially called, Marvel's The Avengers. The trailer, however, also showed us that one of the Avengers was not going to make it alive in the game: Captain America.

Captain America has always been the leader of the team, and Crystal Dynamics deciding to kill him off, even more so feature his death in the first trailer, was definitely a bold move — but there might be more to this, as the developers planned to have the game's plot around this important event.

In a recent interview with IGN, Lead Creative Director at Crystal Cynamics, Shaun Escayg, has revealed that having Captain America die in Marvel's Avengers was all part of the game's intended narrative — as something that drives the conflict the Avengers go through as a team.

"Well, Cap went down with the ship. The Avengers’ leader is Cap. The guy who always is logical, who always is able to bring this dysfunctional family together. Without him, how do they cope? … This is part of the set up, part of the conflict. It's, to me, the most exciting part of the story. What do the Avengers do without their beloved Captain?"

When asked whether Captain America's death was to be ever-lasting throughout the events of the game, Escayg doesn't confirm this will be the case — however, he doesn't deny the fact that this may, indeed, end up being the case.

"You'll understand more once you play the game. The Marvel universe is huge. Will it resolve in this game? Who knows. Is this something else? Who knows. The things that we draw from, it's so big. We can pull from multiverses at this point. It's a great question. You're going to have to play it to see it."

We only got to see the official trailer for Marvel's Avengers earlier this week, and the game is still quite a few months away from releasing, so we will be getting a lot more details about Crystal Dynamics' long-awaited title in the coming months, that's for sure.

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel's The Avengers will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia on the 15th of May in 2020.
Apparently all story missions can be played offline, so maybe I'll give this a shot after all.

yah I put up an article about that some time ago. but this goes even further on it.

13 hours ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS Campaign Will Be Entirely Single-Player & Can Be Played Offline In Its Entirety
Marvel's Avengers will feature both multiplayer and single-player aspects, however, it's campaign mode will be wholly single-player. The game will also be playable entirely offlineRead more

| 6/15/2019
Filed Under: "Multiplatform" Source: Comicbook
Banner-17-9-11-1-1-1.png

While Marvel's Avengers is both a single-player and multiplayer game, its campaign is solely a single-player experience. The multiplayer aspect comes into play as you unlock side missions by progressing through the game. However, these missions can also be played through in single-player - meaning that the game is entirely playable solo (according to Comicbook.com).

These side missions will reportedly be totally separate from the game's story, meaning that you don't have to play them at all if you don't want to. While it was thought that the game would be multiplayer for the most part, it seems that it's the other way around. This therefore raises questions like what is there to the game post-campaign? If anything at all.

Something else worth noting about the game being entirely playable in single-player is that; you will be able to play through Marvel's Avengers without an internet connection. That might not seem like anything special but, in the modern-age with game's like Ghost Recon: Breakpoint demanding a consistent internet connection in order to play, it's certainly appreciated.

Marvel's Avengers is set to release on May 15th, 2020 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC.

& lastly

6 hours ago
Square Enix's MARVEL'S AVENGERS Game Might Feature A Cameo Appearance By The Late, Great Stan Lee
The creative director of Marvel Games recently commented on whether Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics' upcoming Marvel's Avengers game will feature a cameo appearance by Stan Lee.Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Last edited:
Off line single player? Ok we are moving in the right direction. I can stomach aesthetic microtransactions as well. Optimism levels rising moderately.

They are definitely saying all the right things. It seems like player satisfaction is their number 1 priority. Let's hope that remains to be the case when the game comes out.

thank you we'd be setting our own selve up for that when there was already for warning that's not happening right now. the only this would work is if marvel own the studio's sorry to say that won't happen with these studio's . it's always possible that when these dev's leave these studio's and form a new as they always do marvel should hire them to make purely only marvel games as publisher them selves in stead a licensed deal. it's be more possible to do the game universe game want similar to the MCU and Comic's MU that gamers want.

it's too hard to do it with an out sourced studio and I'm sorry it your licensing it's out sourcing. each studio will do thei own thing. otherwise we'd get even more story confusion like why is this character not around as Rose man said . they don't want conflicting stories as he said.

and selective picking what we want to be true issn't gonna help. that what the bad writer the wrote for marvel did and it made things convoluted cause they only want to do their own thing instead repecting what other wrote prior to their arrival. or what eggar write sort did when he didn't want ant man as part of the avengers and marvel had make alteration's after he was difficult and added ant man & wasp after in time for end game. but they should have beebn there from the start all after, he left.

for Example if they weirdly make this permanent?

12 hours ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS Creative Director Explains Why They Showed Captain America's Death In The Trailer
In a recent interview, Crystal Dynamics Creative Director Shaun Escayg has revealed what the reason was to kill Captain America in Square Enix's upcoming Marvel's The Avengers.Read more

yah I put up an article about that some time ago. but this goes even further on it.

13 hours ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS Campaign Will Be Entirely Single-Player & Can Be Played Offline In Its Entirety
Marvel's Avengers will feature both multiplayer and single-player aspects, however, it's campaign mode will be wholly single-player. The game will also be playable entirely offlineRead more

& lastly

6 hours ago
Square Enix's MARVEL'S AVENGERS Game Might Feature A Cameo Appearance By The Late, Great Stan Lee
The creative director of Marvel Games recently commented on whether Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics' upcoming Marvel's Avengers game will feature a cameo appearance by Stan Lee.Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!
It was actually your article that I learned that from so thanks for that.

If the main storyline can be played entirely offline I will be a happy camper.

Yeah it's been confirmed that the main campaign is single player and offline.

I'm a bit bummed out that you can't co-op the campaign. But I guess they are planning to throw in a lot more of those cinematic scripted events, which you can't really get with 4 people online doing their thing.

Cool news about offline story!

Btw, is it just me, or do Cap and Widow look much better in this specific shot, than they do in the rest of the trailer? Is it the lighting, the angle? Is this a pre-rendered shot? Cap to me looks like a completely different person.

960x0.jpg

avengers-team-shot-1560464878373_1280w.jpg
This looks all types of awful PS3.... What?????

Honestly I don't care for the Marvel Games shared universe. These games take years to develop, not to mention that the studios and people behind them are drastically different. This is not the like the assembly line MCU where Feige is making sure everything looks and feels connected.

Well then he should.... Honestly this feels like such a departure from what we should be getting and this isn't helping the Marvel game universe at all. Reviews are mixed at best. With as many years this has been in the works I'm extremely turned off. Will wait to see some real game play.

What reviews? Most gameplay demo impressions are positive and you can still find the leaked gameplay around online

Well then he should.... Honestly this feels like such a departure from what we should be getting and this isn't helping the Marvel game universe at all. Reviews are mixed at best. With as many years this has been in the works I'm extremely turned off. Will wait to see some real game play.

There is no Marvel game universe though?

I almost think the gameplay "leak" was done by the devs given that it's still online.

Even though the Game is still a year away, I can't help it and constantly think about what other characters they could potentially add to the game over the years.

Who's your number 1 character that you'd like to see added to the game? If I could choose, I'd add Taskmaster, even though he's a villain. But I'd hope that eventually they could release some sort of Secret Avengers chapter, that adds somebody like Taskmaster to the playable roster.

clean.jpg

Last edited:
Even though the Game is still a year away, I can't help it and constantly think about what other characters they could potentially add to the game over the years.

Who's your number 1 character that you'd like to see added to the game? If I could choose, I'd ask Taskmaster, even though he's a villain. But I'd hope that eventually they could release some sort of Secret Avengers chapter, that adds somebody like Taskmaster to the playable roster.

clean.jpg

Hawkeye, Black Panther, Wanda and Vision. Really Vision is my #1 at the moment, simply because he keeps getting left out of videogames. Look at MUA 3, I know I've seen him in the background, but he's not playable. And I was really hoping to get the Avengers arcade squad back together (Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Vision).

I'm a bit bummed out that you can't co-op the campaign. But I guess they are planning to throw in a lot more of those cinematic scripted events, which you can't really get with 4 people online doing their thing.
this part was answered by the Studio head of Crystal D "Scot Amos " in the video and he said you can," cause both the single player and the co-op are the same mission campaign. " " if your buddy already has a characters unlocked they can play with ya." it's the first quote below in the video too.

I got a very important video interview from EPN.tv (aka the electric playground important points they said capt's is similar to spiderman ps4 game in that there was a spicific reason it was made. and lastly the number studio's working on this.

Also you can see the heroes costume have been put up in display on the E3 show's Floor and the other important fact is there are indeed more playable avengers

coming yeah ant man hawk eye the works . last Each character that's playable will have their own stories told and some part's game play wise like tomb raider will be liner while otyher may be open up.

Here's the deail's in video inter view of scot Amos & victor lucas below

hqdefault.jpg

Avengers: A-Day is Their Biggest Game Yet - Electric Playground

509 views 9 hours ago Published on 06/12/2019
#E3 #Marvel #Avengers Official EPN Merch is available at EPN.tv/Merch

We catch up with Crystal Dynamics studio head Scot Amos on the floor of E3 2019 to find out how their new Avengers game is their biggest undertaking yet!

source: http://epn.tv/

More Recently confirming the above

1 day ago

MARVEL'S AVENGERS: The Game's Narrative Will Reportedly Be Expanded Upon For Years After Its Release
Crystal Dynamics has revealed that the narrative of Marvel's Avengers will be expanded upon for years to come beyond the game's initial release and confirmed that it will, in fact, be a live service title.Read more

4 hours ago
Square Enix & Crystal Dynamics Reportedly Confirm That MARVEL'S AVENGERS Will Feature A Photo Mode
Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have reportedly confirmed that their upcoming Marvel's Avengers video game will include a photo mode option. Hit the jump...Read more

other things like I said it's not a MMO.

avengers-thor-tony-213x120.jpg

The Avengers co-op won’t let two players use the same hero at once

5 days ago |
We already know that Crystal Dynamics’ upcoming “narrative-focused” live service Avengers game will feature four player co-op gameplay and some character customisation. What we didn’t know until now is that you may not always get to play the hero you want – you won’t be able to have duplicate characters in an online team.Read more

the-avengers-balance-power-213x120.jpg

Power levels in Marvel’s Avengers: “Black Widow can kick as much ass as Thor”

5 days ago |
Crystal Dynamics’ Avengers game will allow players to kit out their superheroes with cosmetic items. Speaking to Eurogamer, producer Rose Hunt offered more information about the level of visual customisation available in the upcoming game.

Hunt says that “we can say that […] you will be able to customise your hero with different skins and outfits.” That might mean, for example, that you can opt for classic 1940s Captain America, or a look that’s more appropriate for this century. Importantly, however, no matter what look you choose,Read more

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN, GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more! &PC Games news and reviews from PCGamesN.com

Last edited:
Biggest gripe are the in game model renders... Looks hideous and no one really looks like who they should look like. Just not impressed and hope they decide to reskin these players.

No duplicate characters in co-op, awesome!!!! Was hoping for that

So then if there are no duplicate characters in co-op, is it just a matter of choosing your character first?

Really no different from any of the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. I might play this with 2 friends of mine. And luckily neither of them is going to play Ironman. :D

Really no different from any of the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. I might play this with 2 friends of mine. And luckily neither of them is going to play Ironman. :D

That's cold lol. I'll mostly be Hulk and Iron Man if I get the chance. Black Panther and Nova too if they're addes

Last edited:
My dream playables for this: Iron, Cap, Hulk, Nat, Thor, Carol, Tchalla, Pym and Strange. Spidey too but that would be unrealistic since he got his own last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Clint and Vision as well as playables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"