Square Enix's Avengers

1 day ago
Check Out The Secret Empire Suit For Captain America In MARVEL'S AVENGERS
Square Enix has just released a new video that shows off one of the suits that Captain America will be wearing in Crytstal Dynamics' highly anticipated Marvel's Avengers.Read more
| 9/5/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure" Source: Marvel's Avengers
MARVELSAVENGERSBanner-September5.png

The long-awaited, and highly anticipated Marvel's Avengers game is still a few months away from releasing, but Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have been upping their game by sharing new information about these titles quite often.

With an almost 20-minute-long gameplay trailer that Square Enix released a few weeks ago, doubters soon began to get excited for Marvel's Avengers; and for good reason, too, since it really looks like the developers want to deliver the ultimate Avengers experience in the same way that Insomniac Games did with Spider-Man.

One of the things that Crystal Dynamics is doing similarly to Insomniac Games' critically acclaimed Marvel's Spider-Man is to give players the choice to have the Avengers wearing alternate suits; some of which we've seen via leaks.

Today, Square Enix has released a new video for Marvel's Avengers, showing off one of the alternate suits that players will have available for Captain America — and that is inspired in Nick Spencer's controversial Captain America Secret Empire run.

Check it out:

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel's Avengers will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia on the 15th of May in 2020.

Fallowing that

1 day ago
New MARVEL'S AVENGERS Teaser Focuses On The Incredible Hulk; Joe Fixit Alternate Skin Officially Confirmed
The newest character profile, released by Square Enix in promotion of their upcoming Marvel's Avengers game, focuses on the Hulk and confirms a popular alternate skin.Read more

| 9/5/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure" Source: @PlayAvengers
Banner233253-1-5-3-10-3-3-3-5-1-1-1-3-3.png

Though Marvel's Avengers was unveiled during Square Enix's E3 presentation, we didn't get to see any gameplay until San Diego Comic-Con. However, this gameplay wasn't made available online until weeks later.

During their Comic-Con presentation, Crystal Dynamics also showed off some alternative skins for the game's titular heroes. Just like the aforementioned gameplay footage, the skins weren't made available to those outside of Hall H. Recently though, the studio has begun to release brief teasers which focus on individual Avengers. Just yesterday, one was released which focus on Captain America.

Now it's the Hulk's turn in the spotlight as Crystal Dynamics has shared a teaser with the big, green brute at the centre. We're first shown some information about this new iteration of Bruce Banner and his alter ego, then we're given a look at an alternate skin for the Hulk. Joe Fixit is a variant of the iconic character who wears a suit and has grey skin rather than green.

Interestingly, this skin was one of the few that were shown off during the above-mentioned Comic-Con. However, back then the alternate look appeared to have green skin. Perhaps the studio decided to be more accurate to the comics after hearing what fans thought of the skin.

The teaser also features some snippets of gameplay. You can check it out for yourself below (via @PlayAvengers):

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel's Avengers will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC on the May 15th, 2020.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Last edited:
LOL
"Let's take a comic story that everybody F***ING HATED and make an alt costume outta that."
"Brilliant!"

But the costume does look cool, disregard the story, just focus on the costume.

its better than the SWAT gear, but that's a pretty low bar to clear

Damn all you do is **** on the game for every little thing. Why keep coming in when you obviously interested in the game at all?

I know this is a discussion forum and not everything can be positive but what's the point of coming in just to hate and hate. Just ignore and move on to a game that does catch your interest

Damn all you do is **** on the game for every little thing. Why keep coming in when you obviously interested in the game at all?

I know this is a discussion forum and not everything can be positive but what's the point of coming in just to hate and hate. Just ignore and move on to a game that does catch your interest

I know, I'm sorry to keep harping, everybody's allowed to enjoy whatever and I don't mean to s*** in anyone's cheerios

It's just so massively disappointing. I've been waiting years for a good AAA Avengers game, for a good Thor game, a good Cap game. I like Squeenix, and I like Crystal Dynamics and really enjoyed their Tomb Raider games and thought they looked beautiful. Plus I guess I had built the game up in my head about what it could potentially be. I thought this would be the next Arkham or PS4 Spidey level superhero game. Hoped they'd include GTA5 style free switching, and have God of War level combat, and RDR quality cutscenes. It's partly my fault for creating an impossibly high bar to cross.

But then to get something that I don't feel even lives up to current gen gaming standards, looks far inferior to those aforementioned franchises graphics- and combat-wise, and includes some very poor character designs, it was literally heartbreaking. Me and my GF set alarms to make sure we'd watch Square's [godawful] E3 reveal stream, and man, what a waste of time.

But I will try to be mindful of people who actually want to play this. I can't say I won't comment at all when new info or new designs are revealed, but I'll try not to beat that horse too long past death.

Last edited:

3 days ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: Head Of Crystal Dynamics Says That Post-Launch Characters Will Not Feel Like Reskins
Scot Amos, head of studio at Crystal Dynamics, has recently revealed that he doesn't want post-launch characters to feel like plain reskins of already available characters in Marvel's Avengers.Read more

| 9/11/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure" Source: IGN
MARVELSAVENGERSBanner-June24.png

Marvel's Avengers
is one of those games that have been somewhat inconsistent in regards to hype from fans of Marvel's Earth Mightiest Heroes; something that doesn't really have anything to do with the actual quality of the game, but rather with fans' expectations.

When the first gameplay trailer for Marvel's Avengers was released during this year's E3, the reception from fans was somewhat lukewarm; the thing here is that every time Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics share new information about the game, fans get even more excited for it.

In a recent interview with IGN, head of studio at Crystal Dynamics Scot Amos revealed some interesting details about post-launch characters; details that will more than likely make fans of the Avengers even more excited for the upcoming title.

According to Amos, post-launch characters will not feel like a reskin of already available characters in Marvel's Avengers, and that each of these new characters will play exactly the way fans expect them to play like; without borrowing moves from the main game's characters.

"We want to make sure it feels like, 'Wow this is who this character should play like.' So it’s not like, 'Oh this is just a reskinned version of X, Y, Z. That wouldn’t be fun for us. There are so many unique purposes for each different Avenger, we don’t think about them as class and style. We say, 'What’s great about this hero, what’s great about this character?'"

"We want it to feel like, I won’t mention a name, but this hero feels like...'Ah that’s the dream that I want for that character.,'" Amos added.

Amos also reveals that these new post-launch characters will come with their own storylines that tie into the events taking place in Marvel's Avengers, which is definitely an interesting way to introduce them without making it feel forced.

"Because if it starts feeling like reskins, that’s no fun. But the idea of having tons of skills and their own unique heroics and their own storylines. because remember [new heroes] come with storylines for what they’re doing in this world. So we need to make sure each hero feels unique as each hero, even the ones that add on past launch."

Marvel's Avengers is really shaping up to becoming the ultimate Avengers experience for fans of the iconic Marvel characters, as the people over at Crystal Dynamics are really doing their best to deliver a a game that will wow players.

Marvel's Avengers will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia on the 15th of May in 2020.

2 days ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: Tony Stark Gets The Spotlight In New Iron Man Character Profile
Check out some alternate outfits for Tony Stark/Iron Man in Marvel's Avengers and get a glimpse of some action-packed gameplay from the upcoming game from Crystal Dynamics.Read more

| 9/12/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure"
17097.jpg

Following character profiles for Captain America and Hulk, it's now time for Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, to take center stage. A new character profile spotlights the inventor and tech wunderkind.

The teaser shows off some alternate suits before jumping into gameplay. It certainly looks like Iron Man packs a powerful punch as the close-up action has a heavy feel to it, but some viewers were a bit confused by the green lights emitting after each move.

In Marvel's Avengers, Tony Stark will be voiced by acclaimed voice actor Nolan North. It won't be the same characterization as brought to life by Robert Downey Jr. on the big screen in the MCU, but it seems as if this version will still boast the same witty remarks that the characer is known for.

Marvel's Avengers is set to launch on May 15, 2020 for Xbox One, PS4, PC, and Google Stadia.

I feel like May 2020 is still a long time but I can't wait to play it though I will probably wait for a price cut and the other dlcs to come out first.

When they said, the dlcs are going to be free, that was music to my ears.

I'm hoping at some point they do add more playable Avengers. It could get boring after a while with just these 5... Where's Hawkeye?

They've already said they're adding more avengers, along with new missions and regions focused on them. Hank pym and hawkeye have already been confirmed. The new characters and missions will be free DLC.

They've already said they're adding more avengers, along with new missions and regions focused on them. Hank pym and hawkeye have already been confirmed. The new characters and missions will be free DLC.

Good! I was hoping as much. now, I wonder what other Avengers could they add? Who would we like to see?

Hopefully they extend this out to the larger Marvel Universe and we see other heroes from across Marvel as a nod or easter egg or just a cameo.

So how do they plan to monetise it if they're giving away dlc heroes and missions for free?

Yeah, that is the other shoe that has yet to drop.

You most likely pay for the skins, weapons & probably some other stuff, kinda like Assassin's Creed. I mean it's Square Enix, they're known for trying to get the most money out of consumers. They're turning FF7 Remake into an Episodic series and recently you can now buy Life Is Strange per episode after people started complaining. Before you were forced to buy the whole season if you wanted to play a new episode which never made any sense.

Marvel's Avengers Will Have Microtransactions - E3 2019 - IGN

Seems to be cosmetic

Pretty sure one of the game developers has confirmed all microtransactions will be cosmetic only but really 100% sure about that

I'm not as hyped for this game the way I was for the Arkham installments or even the new Spider-Man. Hope I get there lol

Pretty sure one of the game developers has confirmed all microtransactions will be cosmetic only but really 100% sure about that
Thats exactly what I read in a SHH news article.

I think its great that they would give the dlcs for free, especially if they are gonna release tons of dlc missions.

I came here to post about that same thing sweet job James B. Keep it up.

11 hours ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: Iron Man To Get A Comic That Serves As A Prequel To "A-Day"
Marvel's Avengers may not be releasing until next year but , in the meantime, Marvel will be releasing prequel comics that will shed light on the events that led to "A-Day".Read more

Well I'll post about the others stuff this past week as well.

3 days ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: Get Your Best Look Yet At The Upcoming Game's Take On Iron Man's Iconic Armour
Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have revealed a detailed look at their take on Iron Man's iconic, red and gold armour that will feature in the upcoming Marvel's Avengers game.Read more

1 day ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: Crystal Dynamics Studio Head Details The Game's Co-Operative "Warzones" Mode
Marvel's Avengers will allow players to team up together and form the titular team. Scot Amos, the studio head of Crystal Dynamics, recently detailed one of the game's multiplayer modes: Warzones.Read more

13 hours ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: Intimidating, New Iron Man Alternate Skin Revealed Based On MARVEL'S ORIGINAL SIN
Marvel's Avengers will include a black and gold alternate skin for Iron Man which is based on the Original Sin comics series from 2014. Hit the jump to check it out...Read more

| 9/20/2019
Filed Under: "Multiplatform" Source: @PlayAvengers
Banner-17-9-11-1-1-3-4-1-1-1-2-1-1-4.png

The standard character designs for the titular team in Marvel's Avengers have proven to be divisive. However, Crystal Dynamics will allow players to totally change up the looks of their Avengers with a plethora of alternate skins.

We have been given glimpses at this skin in the past but the official Twitter account for the upcoming Marvel game has now provided us with our best look yet. One of the alternate skins that you can apply to Tony Stark A.K.A. Iron Man features a black and gold aesthetic as well as some other subtle details that differentiate it from the ordinary look.

It's based on the character's memorable look from Marvel's Original Sin comic series from 2014 which saw Tony Stark and Bruce Banner (otherwise known as the Incredible Hulk) at odds with one another. This suit is by far and away the most starkly different suit from the traditional red and gold look that has been confirmed for the highly anticipated game thus far.

You can check out the tweet for yourself below (via @PlayAvengers):

Marvel's Avengers will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC on the May 15th, 2020.

Last edited:

9/20/2019
Crystal Dynamics Studio Head Draws Comparisons Between MARVEL'S AVENGERS To Their TOMB RAIDER Reboot
The head of Crystal Dynamics recently drew comparisons between the studio's handling of Tomb Raider and their upcoming Marvel's Avengers game. Hit the jump...Read more

6 days ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: The Spotlight Is On Black Widow In This New Teaser For The Upcoming Game
Black Widow is the focus of this new teaser for the upcoming Marvel's Avengers game. Hit the jump to find out more about both the spy's character and gameplay.Read more

| 9/21/2019
Filed Under: "Multiplatform" Source: @PlayAvengers
bane-2-1-1-5-2-1-8-1-3-1.png

We got our first look at Marvel's Avengers gameplay last month and we've been getting teaser tweets from the game's official Twitter account (@PlayAvengers)ever since. For the most part, these tweets have focused on Iron Man and The Hulk but now Black Widow's in the spotlight.

Natasha Romanoff is a former Russian spy who goes by the codename: Black Widow. She's quite the complex character, according to lead combat designer Vince Napoli. The developer revealed that her gameplay matches her characterisation in a way — seemingly hinting that she'll be one of the more complicated playable characters to master.

Below you can check out both the tweet in question as well as what Napoli had to say about Black Widow's gameplay:

“Black Widow is a really complex and nuanced character; so it only makes sense that her gameplay and mechanics are designed in a way that compliments those aspects of her character,” Napoli began.

In a manner that is fitting of a trained assassin, Widow’s gameplay loop is all about creating and exploiting enemy vulnerabilities. Whether attacking enemies from behind or putting enemies into stun states that lead to quick take downs, playing Black Widow is about efficiency. For example, when utilizing her grapple correctly, it’s both a pre-emptive defensive attack designed to counter enemies before they strike, as well as a move to initiate combat at large distances from the ground or in air.

The developer finalised his statement as such: “Regardless of how you choose to play Widow —whether you’re focusing on subterfuge or style, gadgets or guns— her combat and gameplay style always feels distinct."

15 hours ago
The Mighty Thor Gets The Spotlight In New Character Profile For MARVEL'S AVENGERS
The Mighty Thor is the latest Avenger to get a character profile teaser trailer for Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix's highly anticipated Marvel's Avengers.Read more

| 9/27/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure" Source: Marvel's Avengers
MARVELSAVENGERSBanner-September27.png

As we draw closer the the release date of the highly anticipated Marvel's Avengers — don't worry, we still have a long way before the game finally launches — the developers have been releasing new bits of information to keep fans of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes excited for the game.

Although in this day and age introducing the Avengers to players may not be completely necessary — especially after the massive success that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has had — Square Enix ahd Crystal Dynamics have done a great job introducing us to the events that took place during A-Day and how it affected the team.

With some short but seeet character profile teasers, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have been slowly introducing us to the members of the Avengers — or, at least, the one's that were directly involved in the events on A-Day — and today we get a new one that focuses on the rightful king of Asgard: the Mighty Thor.

Take a look:

11 hours ago
MARVEL'S AVENGERS: Actor Reveals That Thor's Unintended Actions Will Echo Throughout The Story
Travis Willingham, the actor that plays Thor in Marvel's Avengers, has recently revealed that some of Thor's unintended actions will directly affect the story throughout the game.Read more

Last edited:
That Iron Man looks awesome! Good stuff about Thor too

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"