Square Enix's Avengers

Cool I’d like that. Love both of those game series.

I wasn't so into the Lego games. Didn't find much challenge in them when I tried them out.

I'm still not clear how this is supposed to play. Do you just switch between Avengers characters in whatever mission?

It could be a mix of both but the first couple of gameplay videos only showcased solo missions.

In the E3 demo, there was one big stage where you kept switching between the Avengers in a level, and the boss fight was Black Widow vs. Taskmaster. The boss fight went on forever and looked very repetitive though. But this was like the intro stage.

And the developers were really cagey about the information. They made it sound like in the actual game you'd maybe be creating your own personal superhero and starting your own superhero career as an Avenger.

I don't get what they are going for here. It almost comes off like this is supposed to be like X-Men Destiny but with Avengers.

I feel like game developers and animators don't really have to just drop off the face of the earth during this time since most of their stuff can be done via home systems.

You know, marketing teams really should take a look around to see what is happening in the the real world. Because this...

Is not a great look at the moment.

You know, marketing teams really should take a look around to see what is happening in the the real world. Because this...

Doesn't bother me. Not like it's civilians defacing and tearing down Cap's or a villain's statue. Captain America is a positive symbol and there are civilians paying their respects. I doubt it's AIM vs a rioting city!

It all makes sense for the story and it was all done before all of this. If it's in the game and part of the story or the steve rogers ark then market it a bit than hide it and be like oh yeah surprise after launch

Last edited:

I dont see the problem. People are being too sensitive if there's supposed to be an issue with that

Besides seeing new gameplay, I want to know how many playable characters there will be. We start out with 6 but Ant-Man and Ms Marvel are in the story and likely unlockable by the end.

I also want to know if we can play as villains during a mission in their pov or challenge modes or something. There better be challenge modes like Batman Arkham besides just the story and online co-op

Doesn't bother me. Not like it's civilians defacing and tearing down Cap's or a villain's statue. Captain America is a positive symbol and there are civilians paying their respects. I doubt it's AIM vs a rioting city!

It all makes sense for the story and it was all done before all of this. If it's in the game and part of the story or the steve rogers ark then market it a bit than hide it and be like oh yeah surprise after launch

I dont see the problem. People are being too sensitive if there's supposed to be an issue with that

Considering there is quite a battle over statues to Confederates and other racist people at the moment, it is intensely tone death to post a tweet that echoes real life events, painting Cap in the same strokes as Confederates and Columbus. Hell, someone was just shot in Alburquerque at a protest at a statue of a conquistador.

Nah it's fine. Bring on the new gameplay already

Its bad marketing. Which is a continued problem with this game.

Considering there is quite a battle over statues to Confederates and other racist people at the moment, it is intensely tone death to post a tweet that echoes real life events, painting Cap in the same strokes as Confederates and Columbus. Hell, someone was just shot in Alburquerque at a protest at a statue of a conquistador.
I dont think it is. Captain America is a hero and there's context lost by looking at this in isolation. If this is toned deaf, then who stands to be offended? Someone in support of the BLM movement? Or a racist that supports Confederate history? If its the latter then I say f--k em. Who cares?

Its bad marketing. Which is a continued problem with this game.

Not many are making it an issue like you. Even on twitter it's mostly talk about Cap not really being dead.

It's not a big part of marketing. It was a gif posted on their Twitter account with a small tidbit about the statue, which we've seen before as as its part of the story early on.

They'll be fine and they aren't struggling with marketing that bad. They're about to show off new stuff in a stream next week or so with probably more info as the game is still on track for september

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"