• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Squid Game

Sorry I don’t get the hype.
I thought it was terrible. The only good story development was the
the gamemaster being the brother of the police officer

Some really really bad actors: the guy with the snake tattoo, the smoking *****…

And the worst part were the VIPs. They were some really cliche Scooby Doo villains with really awful acting skills

Loved this show. Finally watched it last week and I would definitely come back for season 2, 3, etc.

I wonder if they can have that same impact in subsequent seasons without the initial shock value. Great if they can achieve it but could be tough.

I hope they can. I think it’s possible. If you think about it, the shock of this could have died after the first game because at that point, you knew that losing the game means you get killed. Yet they still found ways to make each level shocking and suspenseful. Even when the outcome was clear they still found ways to surprise you. Hopefully they can do the same with subsequent seasons.

I also think there is a lot more story to tell. Like the Front Man’s story. I really want to know how he became the head of the operation. And what does Gi-hun plan to do now? I can’t wait to find out.

I binged this not that long ago and while it had some flaws, I was thoroughly engrossed. Really good, frequently painful fun. I'm in for a series 2, but it's hard to see how the story can possibly repeat that high without the surprise or mystique.

I've been seeing a lot of criticism on the internet over people who dress up as SG character's...thoughts?

I understand the show has an overall message but it seems a bit ridiculous since there are a lot of shows/movies that have messages and dressing up as characters is about the look, not necessarily the message every time.

Yeah I mean… dressing up as Michael Myers is okay but a Squid Game character is a bridge too far? People just look for stuff to be outraged about sometimes.

Hoyeon is in the new Weeknd video.

Yeah I mean… dressing up as Michael Myers is okay but a Squid Game character is a bridge too far? People just look for stuff to be outraged about sometimes.

I mean the look and costumes of the show are very striking and memorable. There was a lot of Squid Game at the Special Comic-Con last November. The show has definitely entered the cultural zeitgeist.

People need to remember, this is still fictional make-believe at the end of the day. Also when people dress up, it's a form of play.

I started this yesterday and got quickly hooked, lol! Up to episode 4 now
I binged through this super fast when it came out but not sure I would watch it again. The escalation of the first red light green light game is still something I remember for being very well done.

Finished it, and loved this. I don't know how well this can hold up on a second season. Feels like possibly diminishing returns based on the concept. But regardless, this was one of the better seasons of a show I have seen in a while

I really enjoyed this show and can't wait for season 2 despite my skepticism of them being able to top the novelty of this season, but man I really do wish more South Korean shows on Netflix like Kingdom, My Name, D.P. and Stair to Heaven had gotten this much recognition and hype when they first came out.

It's not even that I'm knocking this show itself, but while I enjoyed it after watching it, I never thought it would become the pop culture sensation that it is right now which is cool to see because it has made stuff like All of Us Are Dead and Sweet Home more popular and also it gives people more quality shows to talk about other than Stranger Things. I'm glad it was successful, but it's far from one of the best South Korean shows out there IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"