Superman Returns SR Novelization is Now Available!!(SPOILERS IN HERE)

Steelsheen said:
my question to those that has the novel (or the script ;))....

does Ben Hubbard know that Clark Kent= Superman?

because there's this part in the trailers here:
vlcsnap-873960.jpg

.... where Ben said "so you flew in last week?" and Clark looks at Martha and she shrugs. but it isnt just that. Ben is talking to Clark without his glasses on, wouldnt've Ben recognize him right away as Superman?
He does not know. Clark loos at Martha becuase (now that they're an iteam) he wonders if she told him. He's an old farm boy and probably Superman is the last thing on his mind. Superman hasn't been around in 5 years anyway.

i dunno about that. Superman is like the Pope, you'd recognize him anywhere, even without the suit:D. he'd look very familiar to anyone who doesnt live in a cabin in the middle of the forrest.

the novel says nothing about this?

so does this mean that these are one of the things that the movie will be different from from the novel?

Steelsheen said:
i dunno about that. Superman is like the Pope, you'd recognize him anywhere, even without the suit:D. he'd look very familiar to anyone who doesnt live in a cabin in the middle of the forrest.

the novel says nothing about this?

so does this mean that these are one of the things that the movie will be different from from the novel?

He's just happy to see Clark and say hello. Not only that but it's a little tense because of them dating. He just never puts Superman in his mind. Why would he at this point in time?

SPOILER (kinda, but it's not in the movie):

In the novelization, Supes is rummaging through the remains of Krypton thinking about what an amazing place it must have been. He thinks about what a peaceful place it must have been, except for "What was his name...Zod?" Forgot his name. . .ha. I guess Supes II is not a big influence.

Of course, Martha says that the universe is a big place and he never knows who's out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"