The Rise of Skywalker ST what would you change? Spoilers all 3 movies.

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So i am almost afraid to ask and make a thread for this because it already fills like there is a lot of negativity around but know that the ST is done and over and we have seen it what are some things you would change about the ST movies be it 1 movie or all 3 etc? For me i mostly loved the ST but there are a few things. These are all i could think of.

1. Have one scence with the OT main cast all together.
2. JJ does all 3 movies and gets 3 years in between movies instead of 2 years.
3. Knights of ren get a little bit of back story in TLJ. I liked them in TROSW but i think giving them a little back story in TLJ would have made it better leading into TROSW
4. A little more explanation of what Papitan was doing/How he didnt die after ROTJ.
5. Rose dosnt kiss fin in TLJ and fin some how still lives but not by a rose save.
6. Klyo and Rey dont kiss hate that worst part of TROSW.
7. Rey and Fin have a relationship. I love there interactions together and there chemistry.
8. Some how keep Rey and fin together in TLJ missed them having like no screen time together after TFA.
9. Rey and Poe get some kind of screen time before TROSW besides just the end of TLJ.
10. A better end way to kill Papitan the end fight and how he was defeated could have been better.
11. Give Rey a double sided light saber makes a lot of sence with her staff she had.
12. Had it be 3 years between movies instead of 2 to give it a little more time to work out issues with the script.

That is all i got.

Last edited:
1) Luke's story in TLJ.

2) Luke in full Jedi god-mode, lighstaber duels in all.

3) Rey and Finn coupling.

4) Rey temporarily turning to the Dark Side.

5) Introduced Rey's lineage in TLJ instead of TROS.

6) Have Palpatine make his comeback in TLJ instead of TROS.

7) No Starkiller Base.

8) The OT Trio getting at least a scene together.

9) Would not have had Snoke as a character at all, just used Palpatine as a voice instead until the reveal.

10) No Rian Johnson for TLJ, Abrams does all 3.

There's always small things you can nitpick but for me the biggest issue was the lack of plan when you look at the 3 movies. Most of the faults with RoS can be traced back to TLJ. In many ways my frustration with TLJ being so disappointing is that the middle movie is almost the most important one and by failing to set up ep9 in a good way, there were a lot of hurdles to get over. It felt a bit like TLJ burnt the food that was in the oven but with Ep9 you're still trying to serve a good meal out of it.

1) Luke's story in TLJ.

2) Luke in full Jedi god-mode, lighstaber duels in all.

3) Rey and Finn coupling.

4) Rey temporarily turning to the Dark Side.

5) Introduced Rey's lineage in TLJ instead of TROS.

6) Have Palpatine make his comeback in TLJ instead of TROS.

7) No Starkiller Base.

8) The OT Trio getting at least a scene together.

9) Would not have had Snoke as a character at all, just used Palpatine as a voice instead until the reveal.

10) No Rian Johnson for TLJ, Abrams does all 3.

If you had Palpatine make his comeback in TLJ how would you have handled things with him in TROSW?

If you had Palpatine make his comeback in TLJ how would you have handled things with him in TROSW?
Would have had the reveal at the end of TLJ, and then spent the first half of TROS dealing with the fallout among the characters in regards to how they feel, react, and look to solve this news. Would have had way more scenes and dialogue between Palpatine and Rey.

- Luke Skywalker's role in the entire trilogy. We would have seen Luke leading a new generation of Jedi Knights to defend the New Republic. Luke would have died near the climax of the third film, entrusting the legacy of the Jedi to Rey.

- No romance between Kylo and Rey.

- Rey being introduced as Luke's daughter instead.

- No First Order or a resurrected Emperor as the main villains of the trilogy. I would have introduced the Vong as the big bad for this generation.

- We should have seen on what the New Republic was like since the fall of the empire.

Would have had the reveal at the end of TLJ, and then spent the first half of TROS dealing with the fallout among the characters in regards to how they feel, react, and look to solve this news. Would have had way more scenes and dialogue between Palpatine and Rey.

Oh ok got you that makes sense

I would rather have had no Kylo Ren or Snoke or First order. No rehash from the OT structure. I would rather have had Ben Solo been flirting with the Dark side and being conflicted and having sort of a lone gunslinger type of arc. Where he goes missing and encounters Rey on Jakku. The two of them become close as friends, he realizes she's force sensitive and trains her. But he's training her about the force but also the dark side because he's conflicted. Then separately you have Han and Luke searching for Ben while Leia is commanding and organizing armies of the New Republic to continue to rid the galaxy of the remains of the empire. (The First Order.) You can introduce Finn and Poe and other characters, but make the story about Ben and Rey and their journey to maintaining balance in the force as the new generation. You could have had a much more open and consistent theme for a trilogy while being able to explore

Had Rey turn out to either be Luke's daughter making her Leia's niece and Kylo/Ben's cousin...or I would have had her turn out to be a Kenobi...she ends up being Obi Wan's granddaughter

Honestly, I would have made a completely different trilogy. I would not have hired JJ Abrams. These movies needed to not be glorified rehash has better movies only worse, and that direction started with the very first movie of this trilogy. So I would have completely reworked it and come up with a new original storyline. Maybe have whatever bad guy faction we build not just be created off screen but have them form and gain prominence in the first movie on screen, and I would have worked very hard to make them different than the Empire. No Palpatine like character or anything like that. Entirely different structure to whatever that threat would have materialized as.

It's hard for me to zero on any single thing or any single think I personally would have done to fix the story because I think this trilogy was flawed by concept. It was just too beholden to the original movies that it forgot outside of some things in The Last Jedi that I really liked, it forgot to give itself its own voice. So the quote one of my favorite movies, I would have taken it back to formula.

Its incredible hard to say, when i think about the "what could be" i often switch pieces around.
I tend to go from a more traditional storytelling to something more unique and back and forth.

Something im currently stuck on is that i would have made the "big bad" be Plagueis who before his "death" was able to transfer his consciousness into a sith artefact on a hidden planet not even sidious knew about.
From there i would tie it up nicely with Anakin who we dont know how he was created(or did any book or EU story told us?)since Plagueis could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life.
You could still have stuff like snoke being a clone, you could have the main characters go on a scavenger Hunt for a artefact or so that Plagueis needs to create a new body for himself or so.
But then i think that maybe a bit less focus on sith vs jedi would be nice.

I would definitly keep the reylo stuff out, the killing of Luke and the imo weak Kylo plot would have been more streamlined and not that wonky.
I would also have brought in the "real" ben skywalker and made Jacen Solo into Kylo Ren.
I would still have a Ben/Rey love story, just not with creepy Kylo.
I would have brought in a few daughters and sons of Luke and Leia too.

But i constantly jump around with ideas and what ifs.

So i am almost afraid to ask and make a thread for this because it already fills like there is a lot of negativity around but know that the ST is done and over and we have seen it what are some things you would change about the ST movies be it 1 movie or all 3 etc? For me i mostly loved the ST but there are a few things. These are all i could think of.

1. Have one scence with the OT main cast all together.
2. JJ does all 3 movies and gets 3 years in between movies instead of 2 years.
3. Knights of ren get a little bit of back story in TLJ. I liked them in TROSW but i think giving them a little back story in TLJ would have made it better leading into TROSW
4. A little more explanation of what Papitan was doing/How he didnt die after ROTJ.
5. Rose dosnt kiss fin in TLJ and fin some how still lives but not by a rose save.
6. Klyo and Rey dont kiss hate that worst part of TROSW.
7. Rey and Fin have a relationship. I love there interactions together and there chemistry.
8. Some how keep Rey and fin together in TLJ missed them having like no screen time together after TFA.
9. Rey and Poe get some kind of screen time before TROSW besides just the end of TLJ.
10. A better end way to kill Papitan the end fight and how he was defeated could have been better.
11. Give Rey a double sided light sabre makes a lot of sence with her staff she had.

That is all i got.
The sequel trilogy should have happened before the prequels. We would have had a younger Han, Luke, and Lea. I would have loved to see Revenge of Sith now with new technology.

First off I would do away with trying to do a reboot of the OT. TFA is pretty much a remake of ANH and completely formulaic.

Get rid of the First Order crap. They never established in any of these films how the Nee Republic collapsed so quickly after the battle of Endor.

Luke's motivation for going into exile should have been the same as Obi-wan and Yoda. The "disconnect" from the force thing was stupid and doesnt even make sense.

Do you want Poe to be a Han Solo smuggler type or do you want him to be a soldier? Pick one! His story is all over the place.

How about give something fir Finn to do. To call Finn a cardboard character is an insult to cardboard.

I could go on, but this is just pissing me off. I'm actually way more pissed than I ever was about Jar Jar Binks.

1. Steven Spielberg directs The Force Awakens
2. The Force Awakens explores Finn leaving First Order and how they’re abducting and brainwashing children across the galaxy.
3. The Force Awakens has Rey growing up on a desert planet, parents seemingly abandons her, but she still runs into the Millennium Falcons with Finn where they run into Han Solo and Chewie.
4. Ren still kills Han
5. Snoke doesn’t exist, but you have a bunch of Sith cultists trying to bring back the Emperor over the course of the three films
6. Ren continues to show why he’s a dark side user, but the First Order sees his obsession with the force as primitive and useless
7. Rey finds Luke on Achto at the end of The Force Awakens but we discover in The Last Jedi that Rey is Luke’s daughter that he thought he lost when Ren destroyed his temple and killed his students, but you find out he took Rey to Jakku as his last good deed
8. Hux is an actual threat but frequently gets into contention with Ren
9. Cary Fukunaga directs The Last Jedi exploring Ren being going deeper into the dark side with the Knights of Ren trying to train in the ways of the force and bringing back the Emperor

There are so many other ideas but these are the biggest points.

Here’s how I would have made the main arc of the new trilogy:

Force Awakens: Ben is still Leia’s son and has not yet turned. Luke is not an exile. The Galaxy is in relative peace when Luke feels a disturbance out there. They go to Jakku where they find Rey and Luke senses something about her. Ben is slowly being drawn to the dark side by voices and then turns at the end when he feels he’s been replaced by Rey as Luke’s apprentice and kills Luke. He goes off and finds the Emperor’s secret cult and starships and they turn to him as leader.

Last Jedi: Cut to a year later. Ben’s forces have basically started a new empire. Rey feels guilt for inadvertently causing Luke’s death. Ben is now Kylo and wants to make Rey his apprentice. He also is secretly trying to resurrect Palpatine through Sith powers as he believes Palpatine brought order to the galaxy.

Rise: Kylo finds redemption after Palpatine returns and kills Leia to try to finish off the Skywalker family.

I would have taken the time to develop proper road map for where the hell they were going and inject actual new ideas into the property instead we got three toy commercials with paper thin characters and two pointless side stories (one I like and one I loathe.) It all feels shameless and pointless.

The sequel trilogy should have happened before the prequels. We would have had a younger Han, Luke, and Lea. I would have loved to see Revenge of Sith now with new technology.

That sure would have made things different may have not gotten Daisy has Rey then considering she was only 23 when TFA came out has is.

Don't forcibly reset the status quo to the exact same as the OT and tell an original story.

That changes everything else, but it would make all the difference.

That sure would have made things different may have not gotten Daisy has Rey then considering she was only 23 when TFA came out has is.
I love Ms. Ridley, Adam, John and the rest. They have great chemistry but to be honest I am about Luke, Han and Lea. They waited to long to bring them back. The 90s would have worked better. Ms. Ridley could have been Padme and Adam could have been Anakin.

I would have just continued the Expanded Universe with Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade Skywalker

Even keeping the same over all plot...

TFA broadly untouched, as it did a great job of bringing back that “Starwars” feeling, it would be nice to tweak it slightly from ANH but we end up at the same point by the film end

TLJ... right... Movies remains the same but, change the following

tweak the reason for Kylo (Snoke is shown to be influencing Ben then Luke stops Ben and his fledgling knights bullying/killing another student)

no marypoppins leia, her force powers are shown when she saves the bridge crew using force protection field to protect them

the side quest to canto bight is replaced with a mission to recover an artefact which ends up being the wayfinder ( no one knows what it points too... yet)

snoke lives, the kylo / Rey/snoke scene ends when Leia sacrifices herself (lightspeed strike) to save the rest of the fleet and leaving holdo in charge

Luke senses Leias death and This reconnects him to the force and pushes him to take action (raises the Xwing from the sea and actually shows up, this would have felt less like Luke just coping out)

Luke turns up, and physically faces down the first order with just a lazer sword giving the rest Andes time to escape, he also understands that Rey is capable of turning Ben to the light side and so mid kylo fight he bows out like Ben kenobi against Vader in ANH

lends with snoke informing his “master” that Skywalker is gone (Ooooooo)

TROS
Rey figures out the way finder is a compass from the Jedi texts, but they need something to translate it, this allows time for some cool adventure .time and discovering Lando etc...

force ghost Luke helps Rey with training maybe (?) (lets be honest, due to the Carrie problem , Leia didn’t do any physical training with Rey)

we don’t need the Chewie capture

we don’t need the rogue storm trooper lass ( it’s not as if they massively expand on this story thread) let Rose fill in where needed with Finn.

much of the rest of the movie could play out similarly as it does

have both Ben and Rey deflect the emperors lightning (rather than Rey and 2 sabres) because it needs the combo of the two families

ben dies as a result having redeemed himself

Trilogy ends the same

1. Steven Spielberg directs The Force Awakens
2. The Force Awakens explores Finn leaving First Order and how they’re abducting and brainwashing children across the galaxy.
3. The Force Awakens has Rey growing up on a desert planet, parents seemingly abandons her, but she still runs into the Millennium Falcons with Finn where they run into Han Solo and Chewie.
4. Ren still kills Han
5. Snoke doesn’t exist, but you have a bunch of Sith cultists trying to bring back the Emperor over the course of the three films
6. Ren continues to show why he’s a dark side user, but the First Order sees his obsession with the force as primitive and useless
7. Rey finds Luke on Achto at the end of The Force Awakens but we discover in The Last Jedi that Rey is Luke’s daughter that he thought he lost when Ren destroyed his temple and killed his students, but you find out he took Rey to Jakku as his last good deed
8. Hux is an actual threat but frequently gets into contention with Ren
9. Cary Fukunaga directs The Last Jedi exploring Ren being going deeper into the dark side with the Knights of Ren trying to train in the ways of the force and bringing back the Emperor

There are so many other ideas but these are the biggest points.

This is perfect but for Poe I would have him as a Han Solo smuggler type character instead of him being a Resistance fighter and with Rey being Luke's daughter then why would he make his own daughter think he abandoned her? Rey would resent Luke for leaving her there even if it was to protect her but then who would have been Rey's mother if she were Luke's daughter?

Here’s how I would have made the main arc of the new trilogy:

Force Awakens: Ben is still Leia’s son and has not yet turned. Luke is not an exile. The Galaxy is in relative peace when Luke feels a disturbance out there. They go to Jakku where they find Rey and Luke senses something about her. Ben is slowly being drawn to the dark side by voices and then turns at the end when he feels he’s been replaced by Rey as Luke’s apprentice and kills Luke. He goes off and finds the Emperor’s secret cult and starships and they turn to him as leader.

Last Jedi: Cut to a year later. Ben’s forces have basically started a new empire. Rey feels guilt for inadvertently causing Luke’s death. Ben is now Kylo and wants to make Rey his apprentice. He also is secretly trying to resurrect Palpatine through Sith powers as he believes Palpatine brought order to the galaxy.

Rise: Kylo finds redemption after Palpatine returns and kills Leia to try to finish off the Skywalker family.

Then who would you have Rey turn out to be related to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"