Stand-Alone Movies Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

I only read the article briefly yesterday, but don't they say that they're currently working on three different stories and will eventually choose one, as opposed to an Obi-Wan trilogy? Like how WB are currently developing two separate Aquaman scripts and will choose the one they like best to go forward with.

You're going to give poor Bim a heart attack
Why do you think it's taken me a day to make it in here? :hrt:. Ok one movie is exciting enough, but a rumor of three Obi centric movies?! It's too much. I dare not get excited for this rumor... but deep down you know how happy i am, and how hard i'm hoping it is true :woot:

Now that you've recovered from your heart attack, remember, lots of fluids and bed rest lol. An Obi Wan series would be amazing, and Ewan is the perfect age for the time frame it would be, and it would give me hope to see a live action version and resolution to what happens with Asajj Ventress. She'd be the ideal nemesis IMO.

I'd also want to see young Palpatine. Let's see him as an intelligent and conniving young man who manipulates people to get what he wants. Always havign an ulterior motive to everything he does all of which is designed to bring him more power, money, and prominence.

KOTOR is a big one for me as well.

An Obi-Wan trilogy in the spirit of the Indiana Jones trilogy is what I'd want.

Stand alone stories with the only thing linking them being the character of Obi and possibly Uncle Owen. Why is Owen so adamant against Luke seeking Obi out in ANH? They could really flesh out what was only eluded to in that movie. Maybe have them go on an adventure not unlike Indy and Sallah in Raiders and something happens that makes Owen resent Obi.

That'd be so freaking awesome. :jedi :indy:

Ewan's acting is one of the things that is almost always unanimously praised about the Prequels. It'd be great to see him in that role again. I have to actively stop myself from totally fanboying out over the possibilities.

Okay so this is genius. An Obi-Wan trilogy could serve as an alternate prequel trilogy of sorts, one that does what a lot of fans' wanted and really explore a fan favourite character. This rumour strikes me as very logical. Could be awesome too.

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see a Starkiller movie.
Starkiller.png

Or some version of Mara Jade.
MaraJade-SWG5.jpg

Why do you think it's taken me a day to make it in here? :hrt:. Ok one movie is exciting enough, but a rumor of three Obi centric movies?! It's too much. I dare not get excited for this rumor... but deep down you know how happy i am, and how hard i'm hoping it is true :woot:

I'm not letting myself get my hopes up for a full trilogy, but even one film starring McGregor and Edgerton back in their roles would be amazing :wow:

The only downside is, an Obi-wan franchise might hurt Ewan's chances of playing Ted Kord in my dream Blue Beetle movie...

Another stand alone film I'd rather see before Han or Yoda would be the story of how Lando won Cloud City.

I second the Mara Jade idea.

The two that I really want to see is an Obi-Wan Film and a Darth Vader film that are both set between episode III and IV.

I'm honestly open to anything.

The two that I really want to see is an Obi-Wan Film and a Darth Vader film that are both set between episode III and IV.

I'm honestly open to anything.

I'm pretty sure if that film happened people would start labelling the main "trilogy of trilogies" as:

Star Wars Episode I- Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Episode II- Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars Episode III- Vader/Kenobi spinoff
Star Wars Episode IV- A New Hope
Star Wars Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars Episode VI- Return of the Jedi
Star Wars Episode VII- The Force Awakens
Star Wars Episode VIII
Star Wars Episode IX

I'd quite like to see an adaptation of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Just have it be about a bit more distant descendants of the Skywalkers rather than their children.

I want to see some movies set during the time when "the Sith ruled the Galaxy!" That way we can see what weaknesses the openly-evil Sith had compared to their modern counterparts, as well as see Jedi in more desperate straits.

And if VII's New Empire has any kind of warlord backstory like in the Legends EU, I'd love to see movies with Zsinj, Daala, and Thrawne as competing antagonists.

I want a movie(s) that takes place between the events of III and IV. I've always wanted to see the events surrounding Vader hunting down the Jedi.

If I were to guess. I would think we will get at least one obi Wan film and also a kotor trilogy. But I wouldn't expect either until after episode 9. They will do one off stories for now. Then after episode 9 they will change it up with these stories before they move on to episodes 10, 11, and 12.

I really don't believe any rumors about the first spinoff. It's been way too inconsistent.

I think a spinoff that just focuses on the past of a known character is the wrong way to go.

I would rather see spinoffs centered around new characters w/ relevant ties to the main story. Ala Rebels and Force Unleashed.

I think a spinoff that just focuses on the past of a known character is the wrong way to go.

I would rather see spinoffs centered around new characters w/ relevant ties to the main story. Ala Rebels and Force Unleashed.

I don't think the Force Unleashed games are considered cannon are they?

Not sure if they are now, but I'm pretty certain they were before.

I was just listening to the ROTS Commentary podcast today with Sam on it and I think they mentioned it wasn't canon anymore.

Some of the Spin-offs i would like to see are:

-2 Obi-Wan films, one set between Episode III and IV, dealing with some adventure of his then, and another centered on a young Obi-Wan being trained, which would have to be a sort of Prelude to the saga, or Episode 0 if you will, introducing the universe to people who know nothing about it, Episode I didn't do that very well, i think this film would be necessary in order to give a proper start for those wanting to introduce the saga to others, but in chronological order.
-A Darth Vader story, probably set before Episode IV.
-Boba Fett adventure, take inspiration from The Man With No Name trilogy, you don't need your hero to be a goody-goody or for his past to be explained, as long as your story is interesting enough.
-Han solo before Episode IV, do a cool space heist movie.
-A film about a Rebel fighting in the war against the Empire, as we see the conflict from the eyes of the smaller players.

Not very interested in a Yoda Prequel at all, i prefer him as a secondary character, wouldn't mind some films set in the past during the Jedi vs Sith conflict, but would like to see technology from them being more archaic than it's been portrayed in the video games and comics, i don't want the past from 1000+ years ago being much more advanced than the present.

I don't think the Force Unleashed games are considered cannon are they?

I was just listening to the ROTS Commentary podcast today with Sam on it and I think they mentioned it wasn't canon anymore.

Prior to the EU wipe (which primarily focused on the post-ROTJ stories), Force Unleashed Part I (lightside ending) was considered canon.

I'm not sure where it stands now, but one can assume its no longer canon. But who knows for sure.

It's Legends now, they have made that very clear, only things that are still canon from before these novels and stories in the Star Wars Magazine are the 6 Episode movies and The Clone wars film and cartoon. The Clone Wars Legacy Multimedia project is also canon.

Other novels, games comics, etc are no longer canon, Force Unleashed may have once been canon, but it no longer is.

While most are most likely completely against the idea of seeing films set in the Prequels era, i would actaly like to see some set during that timeframe and developing the main characters more, so that certain parts in Episodes I and II actualy have more weight. The Clone Wars show succeeded somewhat in doing that for Episode III.

I already mentioned some sort of Prequel to Episode I featuring Obi and Qui-Gon in order to better introduce the force and these two characters to the main audience, in order for a new viewer who wants to go with chronological order not get confused by all the things in Episode I that expect you to already be familiar with the world.

Other things i think could flesh Episode II much more and make it "salvageable":

-Obi-Wan training young Anakin, you could even give him some weird dreams about Padme, and maybe even give her dreams about Anakin as well, this way, the point that they got together due to the "will of the force" would work a little better. You could also explain why the Jedi couldn't go back and save Anakin's mother from slavery.

-Count Dooku: There's a lot of interesting things surrounding the mystery with Syfo Dias's deal in the old Legends and Infinities stories. Something like this could actualy make Dooku a character, and you can have a different story of a Jedi becoming a Sith. Christopher Lee wouldn't be necessary either. Would be different from the other films by being less of an action adventure flick, and actualy going with the decadence of a noble warrior who abandons the Jedi in order to recover his family's heritage.

-Jango Fett: Much after we get a Boba Fett movie of course. But it would be fun to revisit this character and see how different the galaxy was before the Empire when it comes to outlaws and the underworld of crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"