General Trek Talk STAR TREK: Where do we go from here?

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
can't he do both i mean wouldn't it make for a better story if he saves them and he makes so they feel that they have to be there and all the while he was the reason that the mess started?

Not really. That's not what I'd like to do. There is no "mess". They just sort of get together. They find each other.

Caliber said:
It should stop because the original idea can't work anymore. It changes and becomes something else instead. No more movies or shows.

So? Star Trerk has a very large world to it. Starfleet is only one aspect of it, and to not explore the other aspects of it seems almost criminal.

I liked all of them. I'd like to see another Trek show, but this time make it in Kirk's time and see the adventures aboard the Defiant.

Just thought I would report on the movie front:

J.J. Abrams to Direct 11th Star Trek!

Reported April 21, 2006 at comingsoon.net

Paramount Pictures is breathing life into its "Star Trek" franchise by setting Mission: Impossible III helmer J.J. Abrams to produce and direct the 11th "Trek" feature, aiming for a 2008 release.

Variety says that Damon Lindelof and Bryan Burk, Abrams' producing team from Lost, also will produce the yet-to-be-titled feature.

The project, to be written by Abrams and "M:i:III" screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, will center on the early days of seminal "Trek" characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer space mission.

Created by Gene Roddenberry, "Star Trek" has been Hollywood's most durable performer other than James Bond, spawning 10 features that have grossed more than $1 billion and 726 TV episodes from six series.

phoenixflight said:

Paramount Pictures is breathing life into its "Star Trek" franchise by setting Mission: Impossible III helmer J.J. Abrams to produce and direct the 11th "Trek" feature, aiming for a 2008 release.

Variety says that Damon Lindelof and Bryan Burk, Abrams' producing team from Lost, also will produce the yet-to-be-titled feature.

The project, to be written by Abrams and "M:i:III" screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, will center on the early days of seminal "Trek" characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer space mission.

Created by Gene Roddenberry, "Star Trek" has been Hollywood's most durable performer other than James Bond, spawning 10 features that have grossed more than $1 billion and 726 TV episodes from six series.

See my issue with a prequel Trek is this: How the hell are they going to find 'younger' replacements for Kirk and Spock? Shatner wouldn't be that hard to find a younger version of, but Nimoy!! No one can play spock but Nimoy. He's probably the most unique looking person on the planet.

I don't care for the prequel idea either. I would rather they go with the Romulan War and an all new cast if they were going backward.

Trek needs to go forward, and I think Abrams has the track record to prove he could do that in a good way.

phoenixflight said:

Nice to hear that they are making a movie, but do they have to do one where it is based on the past? I want atleast another TNG movie or a movie totally different or a few people from each series. I would love to see Avery Brooks on the big screen. The idea of this new movie just sounds boring and not interesting.

well, I guess we'll eventually see what happens... I wonder will there be appearances from any other Original Series characters besides Kirk and Spock..

I suspect they'll be getting mostly unknowns to play the roles, since probably most "established" actors are probably afraid of the "star trek curse"..

Immortalfire said:
TNG owns the whole legacy.
Trek began to falter when the original cast retired. TNG is good, but TOS is legendary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"