General Trek Talk STAR TREK: Where do we go from here?

I personally liked Star Trek: TNG, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine.
I never gave Enterprise a chance.
I was 2 or 3 when TNG ended it's run, so i really got into Star Trek when i saw Star Trek: First Contact.
From there, I watched Deep Space Nine and Voyager from start to finish.

Man, I was a geeky kid.

:cool:

Deep Space Nine was the best for me. It was dark, edgy and the war was hardcore.

Star Trek TOS was 2nd mainly because the writing was before its time.

TNG was third.

I considered Voyager and Enterprise failures thanks to B+B.

As far as the next series goes...do something that hasnt been done yet. Go centuries after TNG/DS9/Voy and explore a future that opens up a totally new realm of possibilties for trek (possibly an apolcalyptic one)...where humanity has lost its way or forgotten who they truely are (turned to darkness). Take chances and do stuff thats dark and edgy.

I'd love to see another Captain like Christopher Pike for an entire series, he would have been way better than Kirk in Tos. He had a cool edge to him.

To add on some of my ideas:

The Question said:
I personally liked Deep Space Nine the best. As for a new series, I had this idea:

Do a series about characters who aren't in starfleet. Every singe series has been about starfleet officers. There is alot more to this universe than starfleet. I'd start with meeting a character in a Klingon bar. He's human, or at least looks human. He's very sarcastic and whitty, and a bit full of himself. He's a sort of hitch hiker. Eventually, we discover that he's a former member of the Q continueum who got kicked out. He eventually meets other outcasts who join up with him in his wanderings. They are:

A Klingon who, after a major military campagn that went sour, became a pacifist.

Hugh, the Borg who atained sentiance in TNG. The borg were unable to asimilate him back into the colective for some reason, so he was ejected like a cancerous cell.

A Dominion changeling who is on the run for crimes she commited in the gamma quadrant.

The series would basicall follow them as they wander around the Star Trek universe, occasionally stopping off at well known places such as Deep Space Nine and The Enterprise.

The series would have the former member of the Q wanting to get his powers back as a main sub plot. Over time, he'd get a small fraction of his powers back, making him capable of some energy manipulation and psychic feats. I'd also pick up on some smaller things from earlyer series. Like, remember the episode in TNG when Jordy and Ro became intangible and invisible? Remember the intangible/invisible Romulan Jordy kicked out of the ship? Well, I'd have that, due to that guy's nature at the time, he survived, and has been floating through space ever since. He finally gets pulled down to a planet, is quite ****ed up from his experiance, and is looking for some revenge. That would happen to coincide with our quartet of wanderers hitching a ride off the Enterprise. I'd also have alot of stuff set on planets. I mean, we'd actually see what Cardasia or Romulous are like. And, I'd introduce something I call "patchowrk worlds". World's that were colonized by different planets, each civilization not knowing the other was there for a good long while. They're now independant of any alien civilization or government, and are their own patchworc societies in terms of culture.

roach said:
I have several ideas for Star Trek....
1) Star Trek Special Forces...we follow a specwar unit in the ST universe as they do secret missions behind enemy lines and fight the bad guys.
2)Star Trek Top Gun....the continuing adventures of a strike fighter wing

sounds good :up:

The Question said:

The series would have the former member of the Q wanting to get his powers back as a main sub plot. Over time, he'd get a small fraction of his powers back, making him capable of some energy manipulation and psychic feats. I'd also pick up on some smaller things from earlyer series. Like, remember the episode in TNG when Jordy and Ro became intangible and invisible? Remember the intangible/invisible Romulan Jordy kicked out of the ship? Well, I'd have that, due to that guy's nature at the time, he survived, and has been floating through space ever since. He finally gets pulled down to a planet, is quite ****ed up from his experiance, and is looking for some revenge. That would happen to coincide with our quartet of wanderers hitching a ride off the Enterprise. I'd also have alot of stuff set on planets. I mean, we'd actually see what Cardasia or Romulous are like. And, I'd introduce something I call "patchowrk worlds". World's that were colonized by different planets, each civilization not knowing the other was there for a good long while. They're now independant of any alien civilization or government, and are their own patchworc societies in terms of culture.

I like it, as I said before... it's very different, and thus, has a TON of unexplored potential. I do have a couple questions:

1) I don't see any, well... humans... each of the characters is superhuman,which, is pretty danged cool, and lends itself towards comic-book superteam like dynamics. But, I was wondering, without any humans, how do you keep the humanity of the show... the commentaries on the human condition?

2) The cast is a bit small. Nothing wrong with centering on four, but Star Trek is also known for the whole ensemble bit. Even the Origional Series centered on more than Kirk, Spock, Scotty and Bones.

My suggestion. Add a young human to the group, heck, make her the fledgeling but talented engineer who got kicked out of Starfleet Academy.

I like the patchwork worlds thing too... the wanderers could be inserted into a dozen different conflicts...

3) Even as wanderers, the crew needs a mission, even if it's a patchwork of different missions for different individuals that all happen to share at least one of the same goals, but where are they going? Why do they leave a given planet to go to another one?

4) Oh... and what Title did you have in mind?

GL1 said:
I like it, as I said before... it's very different, and thus, has a TON of unexplored potential. I do have a couple questions:

1) I don't see any, well... humans... each of the characters is superhuman,which, is pretty danged cool, and lends itself towards comic-book superteam like dynamics. But, I was wondering, without any humans, how do you keep the humanity of the show... the commentaries on the human condition?

Simple. The point of the series is to show that the characters who would normall have the "am I human" pinocheo complex in a regular Star Trek series are the most human characters of this series.

GL1 said:
2) The cast is a bit small. Nothing wrong with centering on four, but Star Trek is also known for the whole ensemble bit. Even the Origional Series centered on more than Kirk, Spock, Scotty and Bones.

There would be cameos by Star Trek characters like Q, and they'd ocasionally stop off at famous locals like Deep Space Nine and the Enterprise, so we might see a few familiar faces.

GL1 said:
My suggestion. Add a young human to the group, heck, make her the fledgeling but talented engineer who got kicked out of Starfleet Academy.

Interesting thought.

GL1 said:
I like the patchwork worlds thing too... the wanderers could be inserted into a dozen different conflicts...

Most definately.

GL1 said:
3) Even as wanderers, the crew needs a mission, even if it's a patchwork of different missions for different individuals that all happen to share at least one of the same goals, but where are they going? Why do they leave a given planet to go to another one?

Really, the main character, the former member of the Q continueum (I think he's going to be called Quincy) just hates to stay in one place for too long. The others tend to follow him. They're all outcasts, and don't have any place that's really a home to them. So, they just go where ever fate takes them. Mission wise, they just tend to get themselves involved too much. Like, if the local criminal element is hurting someone, they'll get involved, most likely, even if some don't want to. Like I said, I'd also pick up on old loose ends from previous series and make stories out of them.

GL1 said:
4) Oh... and what Title did you have in mind?

Hadn't thought of that.

You know I think the Star Trek universe definitely needs a break. It's just been done to death for the moment.

IMO, though if they do another movie they should deal with the mirror universe...I mean these are some bad people in there and really if they know there is another universe worth conquering don't you think they might try and find a way to do that...either that or dealing with mirror universe borgs. That might be interesting too. Because of all the breakdowns of "communal" governments (the federation, the Klingon/Bajoran alliance in DS9) there really wouldn't be anybody to stand against them.

Have refuges from that world start showing up in the regular Star Trek universe and then when the borg assimilate those who have knowledge of the "good universe" they take it upon themselves to find their way there and start a hostile take over.

As to the TV series I like the Questions idea of not doing a Starfleet ship.

Not sure about using Hugh though. Wasn't he leading a band of "rogue" borgs near the end of the TNG series? Unless of course after learning about his individuality he seeks to have all vestiges of his borg self removed and seeks to find his humanity again...but that's a bit too much like the 7 of 9 scenario.

just my 2 cents

I had an interesting idea for a Star Trek show, but it was before I had ever seen the show "Firefly", and I was actually creeped out by how similar my ideas were to Joss Whedon's, despite me having absolutely NO knowledge of Firefly when I came up with them (who knows, maybe that means I've got a similar level of creativity LOL).

Anyway, my idea was a show called "Star Trek: Mercenaries". It would take us to the seedier underbelly of the Star Trek universe, where the outcasts of the federation live. I was surprised because the way I intended to portray the federation in the eyes of our protagonists was actually similar to the way the Alliance was in Firefly, only to a much lesser degree (I didn't depict them as being evil, but I did show that they had flaws and were somewhat oppresive to the outcasts).

Basically, the show would have been following the crew of the freelance starship "Orphan". The main character would be the first mate, who is a hot-shot pilot / gunslinger, who was kicked out of the Federation Academy, possibly because of his short temper, but some suspect it was his attitude about federation politics. He's somewhat scrappy, and it's not uncommon to find him in a bar fight. I noticed similarities to Captain Reynolds in FF, only my guy was younger and not a leader.

The "captain" of the ship (if you could call him that) was a klingon with a robotic arm and dreadlocks, and while he is technically the captain, he sees himself as more of a "father figure", with the crew being his family. He always makes descisions as a group with the crew, because he sees the ship as being just as much theirs as his own. He bears a few similarities to Shepard from FF.

There was also a female mechanic that I never got a chance to flesh out, but I can tell right off the bat that she would have probably been a deadringer for Kaylee. She would also have served as the ship's medic.

There were two other pilots on the ship, but I never got a chance to figure them out much, only that one was male and the other was female.

Two pivital characters in the series would have been a pair of Vulcan fraternal twins (one male, the other female). The crew finds them in suspended animation on a daralect spacecraft in the first episode, and later they discover that they are actually part of an ancient Vulcan prophecy; they are the key to defeating the Borg! In addition to being expertly trained in the ancient Vulcan fighting styles (including the use of "vi-blades", swords that vibrate at a high frequency), when the two are together they possess amazing levels of phycic power. Over the course of the show they must adapt not only to living with the emotions of the crew, but also the fact that they are in a completely foreign time period (is it possible for a Vulcan to have angst issues? Who knows). As you can probably tell, they bear a LOT of similarity to River and Simon from FF, except that they are both "special" instead of just the sister.

So basically, the show would have been about the crew of the Orphan going around looking for work (like in FF), accepting supplies and goods as payment since money is rare and not very useful (which the Federation is obviousely to blame for, in the crew's minds at least). All the while they are trying to avoid entanglements with the Federation and encounters the Borg (Alliance and Reavers, anyone?), and digging into the secrets behind the prophecy of the twins.

Really, the only big difference between STM and FF aside from STM being in the Trek-verse would have been that STM was more about dog fights, since the crew of the Orphan had specialized "combat shuttles" that were more or less peppy one-seater star fighters rigged out with lots of cool weapons and gear (giving them an advantage over the larger, slower ships that most factions, including the federation use). I was totally freaked out by how similar Firefly was to my show idea, but at the same time I was also very pleased with it. I've since become a browncoat and I love the show to death. :)

Mrh7448 said:
Not sure about using Hugh though. Wasn't he leading a band of "rogue" borgs near the end of the TNG series? Unless of course after learning about his individuality he seeks to have all vestiges of his borg self removed and seeks to find his humanity again...but that's a bit too much like the 7 of 9 scenario.

just my 2 cents

Didn't know that. I haven't seen every single episode of TNG, so maybe.

Timstuff said:
I had an interesting idea for a Star Trek show, but it was before I had ever seen the show "Firefly", and I was actually creeped out by how similar my ideas were to Joss Whedon's, despite me having absolutely NO knowledge of Firefly when I came up with them (who knows, maybe that means I've got a similar level of creativity LOL).

Anyway, my idea was a show called "Star Trek: Mercenaries". It would take us to the seedier underbelly of the Star Trek universe, where the outcasts of the federation live. I was surprised because the way I intended to portray the federation in the eyes of our protagonists was actually similar to the way the Alliance was in Firefly, only to a much lesser degree (I didn't depict them as being evil, but I did show that they had flaws and were somewhat oppresive to the outcasts).

Basically, the show would have been following the crew of the freelance starship "Orphan". The main character would be the first mate, who is a hot-shot pilot / gunslinger, who was kicked out of the Federation Academy, possibly because of his short temper, but some suspect it was his attitude about federation politics. He's somewhat scrappy, and it's not uncommon to find him in a bar fight. I noticed similarities to Captain Reynolds in FF, only my guy was younger and not a leader.

The "captain" of the ship (if you could call him that) was a klingon with a robotic arm and dreadlocks, and while he is technically the captain, he sees himself as more of a "father figure", with the crew being his family. He always makes descisions as a group with the crew, because he sees the ship as being just as much theirs as his own. He bears a few similarities to Shepard from FF.

There was also a female mechanic that I never got a chance to flesh out, but I can tell right off the bat that she would have probably been a deadringer for Kaylee. She would also have served as the ship's medic.

There were two other pilots on the ship, but I never got a chance to figure them out much, only that one was male and the other was female.

Two pivital characters in the series would have been a pair of Vulcan fraternal twins (one male, the other female). The crew finds them in suspended animation on a daralect spacecraft in the first episode, and later they discover that they are actually part of an ancient Vulcan prophecy; they are the key to defeating the Borg! In addition to being expertly trained in the ancient Vulcan fighting styles (including the use of "vi-blades", swords that vibrate at a high frequency), when the two are together they possess amazing levels of phycic power. Over the course of the show they must adapt not only to living with the emotions of the crew, but also the fact that they are in a completely foreign time period (is it possible for a Vulcan to have angst issues? Who knows). As you can probably tell, they bear a LOT of similarity to River and Simon from FF, except that they are both "special" instead of just the sister.

So basically, the show would have been about the crew of the Orphan going around looking for work (like in FF), accepting supplies and goods as payment since money is rare and not very useful (which the Federation is obviousely to blame for, in the crew's minds at least). All the while they are trying to avoid entanglements with the Federation and encounters the Borg (Alliance and Reavers, anyone?), and digging into the secrets behind the prophecy of the twins.

Really, the only big difference between STM and FF aside from STM being in the Trek-verse would have been that STM was more about dog fights, since the crew of the Orphan had specialized "combat shuttles" that were more or less peppy one-seater star fighters rigged out with lots of cool weapons and gear (giving them an advantage over the larger, slower ships that most factions, including the federation use). I was totally freaked out by how similar Firefly was to my show idea, but at the same time I was also very pleased with it. I've since become a browncoat and I love the show to death. :)

That is eerie. But then again, Firefly is based on more than a few western character arch-types, and it does share more than a few similarities with the anime shows Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop. The premise may be similar, but it's the exicution that makes it special.

Anyway. As for more ideas. This series, while not as action oriented, would have very good action sequences when they are had. I actually had this idea for a story where some Klingon (possibly that Klingon kid who tried to use Worf to take over the empire) becomes cybernetically enhanced, and outfits his body with the most high tech of weapons (force feilds, phasers, mini photon torpedo generators). He then, out of contempt for the empire (and possibly part of a larger arc involving some sort of master plan) goes on a rampage through the Klingon capital city. Our heroes are there, and Quincy, who has regained a small fraction of his Q powers, dukes it out with the Klingon in an impressive super fight.

The Question said:
Didn't know that. I haven't seen every single episode of TNG, so maybe.

yeah they did I looked it up...it was a storyline containing Lore, Data's brother.

Hugh had taken on a leadership role with other "malfunctioning" borg. In the end Lore was killed and Hugh was put made the leader of these individualistic borg.

I don't think you really need a borg anyway...you've got outcasts for everyone else you need a human element...like someone else mentioned.

Maybe a starfleet drop out or a former memeber of the Maquis. Someone that people could actually relate to being a human.

again just my 2 cents.

Well, the point of the series would be that you can relate to these guys, human or not. Maybe I'd replace Hugh with a Vulcan. Or, to mix things up a bit, a Romulan or a Cardasian. Someone who was very much against their government, sort of a hippy, liberal type, and so they were put into exile.

An exiled Q, a Klingon pacifist, a renegade Changeling.... I'm SO feeling the outcast/superhero vibe (I think wrist mounted photon generators is pushing it, but hey)... and I love it...

I'm going to go ahead and bouce stuff off your idea if you don't mind...

Cardassians look so much cooler than Romulans... an irreverent reckless Cardassian seems kind of fun...

But what if they were an older person... with a legacy, better yet, a broken legacy lying behind them... grandchildren who want them dead and craziness like that...

Also for the younger "control group" of the "science experiment," the starfleet drop out engineer, she could keep a journal as opposed to the "captain" keeping a "log."

Also, if you're not using Hugh, he'd make a decent pseudo-villain, though an expert Klingon Mercenary, a contact in Section 31 (or whatever it's called), and of course, a less amiable Q would all make great recurring antagonists...

GL1 said:
An exiled Q, a Klingon pacifist, a renegade Changeling.... I'm SO feeling the outcast/superhero vibe (I think wrist mounted photon generators is pushing it, but hey)... and I love it...

Well, it's just an idea. And really, I'd just like to see an action sequence that isn't a space dog fight.

GL1 said:
I'm going to go ahead and bouce stuff off your idea if you don't mind...

Cardassians look so much cooler than Romulans... an irreverent reckless Cardassian seems kind of fun...

Yes. Yes it does. :D

GL1 said:
But what if they were an older person... with a legacy, better yet, a broken legacy lying behind them... grandchildren who want them dead and craziness like that...

Interesting. I was thinking that it would be the pacifist Klingon that would have the family problems, but the liberal activist Cardasian could aswell.

GL1 said:
Also for the younger "control group" of the "science experiment," the starfleet drop out engineer, she could keep a journal as opposed to the "captain" keeping a "log."

Interesting though. Again, I wasn't sure about using a human, but maybe having a starfleetd drop out being too ashamed to go home and so wandering around, ending up on the Klingon homeworld (where the series starts) could work. And really, a journal could lead to slightly more profound naration, since it's less proffesional and formulkated.

GL1 said:
Also, if you're not using Hugh, he'd make a decent pseudo-villain, though an expert Klingon Mercenary, a contact in Section 31 (or whatever it's called), and of course, a less amiable Q would all make great recurring antagonists...

Interesting ideas. Hugh could become a sort of anti-borg. He becomes an anarkist, as opposed to the most extreme form of fascism that the Borg represents. And, that in of itself could be an equally dangerous extremity. A major plot line would be the fugitive changling dealing with the dominion (have to think of a name for these guys), and the Cardasian dealing with his government. And, of course, Quincy dealing with the Q Continueum, trying to be forgiven, and eventually trying to get them to actually help people. Also, I'd sort of go into the mechanics of the federation, Cardasia, Romulus, and the Klingon Empire more. As in, what are their governments like? Does the federation have a president? A prime minister? Parlament? What? I'd also get a bit quasi-mystical with the Q, possibliy introducing the Star Trek version of God, which would be refered to by the Q as "creation".

I guess going over the characters would be a good idea:

Quincy: A former member of the Q continueum. He was born a short while after the dawn of time, and is of average age for a member of the Q. He was ejected from the continueum at some point in the past for unknown reasons, most likely for interfering with the developement of some as of yet unspecified alien civilization. It is unknown how long ago he has been apart from the continueum, but the fact that he has mentioned that he knew Benjamin Franklin and Gilora Ra'orn, a well known Cardasian philosopher, suggests that he has been wandering the universe for at least seven centuries. While no longer a member of the continueum, he is not completely powerless. He seems to have a very well developed healing factor, and does not apear to age. However, weather or not he is truely immortal is unknown, and the fact that he often seems in fear for his life in dangerous situations suggests otherwise. He is very well learned, capable of speaking in hundreds of languages, some of which are long dead. He is a very sarcastic and cynical person, and has a flair from the dramatic. He is known to spout quotes apropriate for the time, ranging from the great vulcan philosophers to the rolling stones, but most often it is Shakespear in the origional Klingon. He is rather self centered, and is somewhat hostile towards others. However, he seems to care for sentient life as a whole. When questioned on this, he is known to say "I love sentient life. I love cluture and music and novels and dirty jokes. I just cannot stand people." When in seemingly hopeless situations, he is often known to say "if I still had my powers", followed with how he would have gotten himself out of that particular situation. While he wants to regain his status as a Q very strongly, he is still very much angry at the Continueum for ejecting him as they did. He is an old childhood rival of Q, and is usually very hostile towards him when they meet.

Benil Prim: A left wing political activist from Cardassia, Benil was exiled for acts of insubordination and illegal protest. He is highly political, often taking up causes most would turn their noses up at. He is usually the source of the group's greif, usually because when he takes up a cause, he drags them along with him. He is very sociable, and is capable of getting along with anyone, even people he despises. Most have found that it's very hard not to like him, although Quincy finds him to be very annoying. While Benil seems somewhat naive, he is in fact highly inteligent. He simply puts up the act of naivety to throw people off, thus giving him the upper hand in a political arena.

Rita Mack: An engineering prodigy, Rita was at the top of her class in starfleet acadamy, but was expeled from the acadamy for her lack of respect for her comanding officer's authority. Ashamed, she ventured to the Klingon homeworld instead of returning home. There, she met Quincy in a bar, and began running with him. She is rather new to the real world, having normall been in the comofrts of her home on Earth. She is, however, quite smart, and a technological genius. She is known to argue with Quincy, who tends to criticize her, especially during especuially stressful situations. She keeps a journal, which stands as the show's narration.

Ghobe' Quv: His name is not truely known. His name was taken from him years ago, and he was given the name Ghobe' Quv, which means "no honor" in Klingon. He was a soldier in the Klingon military, and his platoon was sent into a high stakes military operation. 20 men went in, and two came out, himself one of them. On that day, he lost his respect for the Klingon code of honor. He no longer saw any honor in war. He became a pacifist, and was shunned by his family. He moved into the wilderness, and began tending a farm by himself. He met Quincy when Quincy, on the road with no real transportation, stumbled across the farm. The two have been traveling together ever since. Ghobe' is a skilled hand to hand combatant, but absolutelyb hates to fight, most likely because he's afraid of hurting others. He has memorized over 100 Klingon drinking songs, which he is often known to sing.

Darkholme: A dominion changeling, on the run for crimes commited in the gamma quadrant. Refuses to let herself be caught, she has taken up several aliases over the universe for the past several years. When she ran into Quincy, he quickly realized she was a changeling. When he asked who she was, she offered no name. So, he gave her one. Darkholme, which was the name of some fictional shapeshifter he vaguely remembered reading about a few centuries back on Earth. Darkholme is very quiet, and very distrustful of the other people she's with. However, she is very loyal to Quincy, and often serves as his protector in dangerous situations. Because of her natural abilirties, she is the group's muscle in dangerous situations. The form she generally takes is that of a tall humanoid female with three fingers on each hand, light purple skin, and long green hair. This, however, often fluctuates depending on the situation, environment, and her mood.

S'all I've thought of so far.

Okay, more ideas:

Story wise, I'd go for the long arcs. I don't particularly like writing episoding. And even when I write episodic, I don't write episodic. I'll write episodes that either at least partially touch upon the main arc, or directly deal with it. Of course, there would be filler eps. But not as many as there would be arc eps. A few arcs I've got in mind:

Darkholme dealing with the Dominion. She's wanted by their authority, and the others will be damned if they get their hands (or tenticles, or claws, or whatever they're in to this week) on her. So, her running from the Dominion would be one storyline, most likely ending with what she did being revealed, the Dominion capturing her, and the team mounting a rescue atempt.

Another storyline would be Quincy dealing with the other Q. This would overlap with other storylines. At one point, after pleading with the Continueum in a state of emergency, Quincy will be given a small fraction of his powers back. And even a small fraction of Q power is enough to make you a living WMD. He'd have very potent psychic and energy manipulating abilities, and would use them in the ash kicking. Eventually, he'd be given the chance to regain his full status as a Q, and having to decide weather he wants it anymore or not.

Another idea would be to have a storyline involving Vulcan. Very right wing religious extremists on Vulcan start to atain power in the high council. Benil, through his investigation of the Vulcan government, discovers that the new party is intent on starting an intergalactic war in an atempt to replace the federation with a new fascist regime. This storyline, of course, would delve into the ideas of religious extremism, and would involve Star Trek characters past and present, including the crews of the Enterprise, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager to varrying degrees. And, of course, Spock.

Like I said, there would be filler episodes, but I'd try to keep them to a minimum, or at least have them tie into the bigger plots in some way. Most of the fillers would involve the group getting into **** they shouldn't be getting into, but the more altruistic Benil dragging them into it. I'd delve a bit into how organized crime has evolved in the time of the federation. The main reason that there is very little poverty anymore is because of the replicator technology. We can get anything we need for free. We can replicate the replicators. But, all replicators are build with fail safes so you can't replicate illegal items, such as drugs, poisons, weapons, of radioactive elements. This, of course, makes all of these things incredibly valuable. So, organized crime flourishes. I may even reintroduce Lor, having survived his dismantlement by Data and having become a major organized crime figure in a new body. I'd make it so that if the actor didn't want to return, we could just say his new body is very different.

Like I said, I'd deal with the patchowrk wolrds. They're like a melding of dozens of alien cultures. You've got Vulcans and Romulans living in peace. Klingons and Cardassians being friendly neighbors. But, of course, some poorer sections are racially devided, so you have tensions there. There could be some good storytelling with Vulcan and Klingon gangs being at each other's thoats, or something to that nature.

Everyone's ideas are so brilliant and inventive. It would be a bold new chapter in the Star Trek universe. Please keep them coming...

DS9 was by far and away the best series, as most episodes actually had consequence. I personally would do a series around Kirk's era, use some CGI and fancy editing a'la Trials an Tribbleations ever once in a while to have Kirk, Scotty etc make an appearance, mute the colours but still keeping in with the style and overall just making the old series work in a modern context.

The Question said:

heres an idea why not have the group be formed because there is a threat to the planet and these people have to work togather even if they don't get along because if they don't the planet will be destroyed?

Not so sure about that. Way I see it, Quincy tends to befriend other outcasts. So, he eventually builds up a group of friends who he wanders around with. He doesn't even particularly like all of them. He just identifies with them.

The Question said:
Not so sure about that. Way I see it, Quincy tends to befriend other outcasts. So, he eventually builds up a group of friends who he wanders around with. He doesn't even particularly like all of them. He just identifies with them.
what if the Q were behind the planet being formed and Quincy goes there to see it from a new POV. and his being there set off a chain of events that makes him have to find alies?

Maybe. I'd just rather him wandering about and simply gathering allies in his travels because, behind all of his snarkyness and sarcasm, he's a very lonely person.

The Question said:
Maybe. I'd just rather him wandering about and simply gathering allies in his travels because, behind all of his snarkyness and sarcasm, he's a very lonely person.
can't he do both i mean wouldn't it make for a better story if he saves them and he makes so they feel that they have to be there and all the while he was the reason that the mess started?

It should stop because the original idea can't work anymore. It changes and becomes something else instead. No more movies or shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"