star wars episode 7,8,9 rumor

BTW

Look, the SW story is over. The story that these films told were written and put together by George Lucas. He has now finished the story. It has its ending. The story is done. Yes, there can be other stories set in the same universe with the same characters, but they'd be different stories. And this story does not really need a sequel. It is fine the way it is. Fanfiction is just non-sensical BS written by fans who could not let go.

SW is George Lucas' epic. He told it. It's done. Fans can write (and Lucas can get richer by them doing this) all they want. But they are not part of Lucas' vision and as so are worth not very much. The Empire fell. From there it is up to the viewer what follows but Lucas has told his story.

Not everything needs to go on forever, really now.

I wouldn't mind a all CGI movie....I'd rather see a animated movie about Star wars than another Animal cgi movie!!!! ARGGH!!! Plus it would be sooo money in the bag. Especially if they got the original actors back...cause really...Hammill LOOK like alien now...and Harrison is almost dust

Kevin, I agree with you that the story is done and they should leave it at that. However, I don't agree with this:

Kevin Roegele said:
Star Wars is about the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin. Which is done.

That's certainly a theme in the series, but the Original Trilogy is undoubtedly about Luke, first and foremost. No matter what anyone says you can't say Star Wars is about Anakin because its Luke who forces the positive change in Episodes 4,5,6.

Anyway, there's a multitude of EU stuff, some of which is quite good, some of which isn't. Point is there's enough

DACrowe said:
BTW

Look, the SW story is over. The story that these films told were written and put together by George Lucas. He has now finished the story. It has its ending. The story is done. Yes, there can be other stories set in the same universe with the same characters, but they'd be different stories. And this story does not really need a sequel. It is fine the way it is. Fanfiction is just non-sensical BS written by fans who could not let go.

SW is George Lucas' epic. He told it. It's done. Fans can write (and Lucas can get richer by them doing this) all they want. But they are not part of Lucas' vision and as so are worth not very much. The Empire fell. From there it is up to the viewer what follows but Lucas has told his story.

Not everything needs to go on forever, really now.

Dude, it doesn't matter how many times you say it, some people just refuse to hear it....like some Spidey fans who think 'McGuire' wants to play the role forever.

Upset Spideyfan said:
Kevin, I agree with you that the story is done and they should leave it at that. However, I don't agree with this:

That's certainly a theme in the series, but the Original Trilogy is undoubtedly about Luke, first and foremost. No matter what anyone says you can't say Star Wars is about Anakin because its Luke who forces the positive change in Episodes 4,5,6.

Anyway, there's a multitude of EU stuff, some of which is quite good, some of which isn't. Point is there's enough

True, but at the climax it's Vader who defeats the Emperor and brings balance to the Force. So while Luke and Anakin each have their own hero's journey trilogy, it's Anakin who is the chosen one.

Yes, that certainly can't be denied. What Vader does cannot be ignored and without a doubt he is one of the centerpiece characters of Star Wars.

If let to his own devices Vader would never have brought about any change, positive or negative. By the time of the Original Trilogy, he's pretty stagnant. (I doubt he would have even tried to overthrow the Emperor).

Luke all throughout the Original Trilogy finds himself facing the same trials and challenges that his father did, and at the culmination of these events (ROTJ), finds himself at a similar crossroads. Rather than making his father's mistake and join the Emperor, Luke spares Vader. I firmly believe its this moment that gives Vader the final push he needs to redeem himself. Vader was beginning to have doubts and second thoughts, but he still was far from making his own decision. It was Luke's mercy and love that finally allowed his goodness to surface.

Anakin's story is not the story of Star Wars but instead serves as a background to draw parallels his son's journey. I would argue that Star Wars is really a coming of age tale first and foremost.

yes the two star wars trilogies are about the story of Anakin. Another trilogy could fit on well. It would be the restoration of the Republic and the Jedi and extinction of the empire.

It could mix the best elements of the prequels (saber fights, special effects) and the original (story telling, plot)

Upset Spideyfan said:
Yes, that certainly can't be denied. What Vader does cannot be ignored and without a doubt he is one of the centerpiece characters of Star Wars.

If let to his own devices Vader would never have brought about any change, positive or negative. By the time of the Original Trilogy, he's pretty stagnant. (I doubt he would have even tried to overthrow the Emperor).

Luke all throughout the Original Trilogy finds himself facing the same trials and challenges that his father did, and at the culmination of these events (ROTJ), finds himself at a similar crossroads. Rather than making his father's mistake and join the Emperor, Luke spares Vader. I firmly believe its this moment that gives Vader the final push he needs to redeem himself. Vader was beginning to have doubts and second thoughts, but he still was far from making his own decision. It was Luke's mercy and love that finally allowed his goodness to surface.

Anakin's story is not the story of Star Wars but instead serves as a background to draw parallels his son's journey. I would argue that Star Wars is really a coming of age tale first and foremost.

Agreed - but Star Wars is two coming of age stories, Anakin and Luke. Anakin's goes wrong, and his son eventually helps him redeem himself.
I advise you check out Joseph Campbell's The Hero With A Thousand Faces, it's all in there.

But it is Anakin's story. He's a major player in every episode - he's the hero in the first three movies and the villain of the next three. He's the chosen one the Jedi prophecy speaks of, he brings balance to the Force. The story ends when Anakin dies.

Come on!!!! How can a sci-fi epic like Star Wars end with the death of the main character??? Come on now.

Furthermore, you can all discount any Star Wars stories not written by Lucas for the big screen. It's his Star Wars story on the big screen because it's the best one man!!!

With that said I can nearly ensure you. More Star Wars films are coming. At least 3 more, possibly 12. I say do a 13th episode too just to finish it once and for all but that's just me.

Episodes 7-9 in my opinion should be and likely will have more character and story focus than 1-3. The special effects should not and will not outshine Ford, Fisher, and Hamill's performances.

Why will they(Hollywood, Lucas, etc.)pass on making a few billion dollar$???

Even if they have to wait until Lucas dies, they will make another trilogy. There's too much money to be made for them not too.

Personally if Lucas want's it done his way and wants to screw hollywood from robbing him in his grave he should do it before he dies and finish it so they can't screw him when he's dead and so he can rest in peace.

The story isn't done, It has to be finished, It's going to get done, Lucas has to do it or he'll burn in Star Wars hell for eternity...

Come on!!!! How can a sci-fi epic like Star Wars end with the death of the main character??? Come on now.

Furthermore, you can all discount any Star Wars stories not written by Lucas for the big screen. It's his Star Wars story on the big screen because it's the best one man!!!

With that said I can nearly ensure you. More Star Wars films are coming. At least 3 more, possibly 12. I say do a 13th episode too just to finish it once and for all but that's just me.

Episodes 7-9 in my opinion should be and likely will have more character and story focus than 1-3. The special effects should not and will not outshine Ford, Fisher, and Hamill's performances.

Even if they have to wait until Lucas dies, they will make another trilogy. There's too much money to be made for them not too.

Personally if Lucas want's it done his way and wants to screw hollywood from robbing him in his grave he should do it before he dies and finish it so they can't screw him when he's dead and so he can rest in peace.

The story isn't done, It has to be finished, It's going to get done, Lucas has to do it or he'll burn in Star Wars hell for eternity...

jrpstarwars said:

You almost had me fooled there, but a raging, non-sensical, logic-avoiding fan would say something about the novels 'continuing the story' and that Star Wars can go on forever, and such and such.

Agreed, the novels don't carry on the big screen story but kind of leech off it. It can't go on forever, true, but the on-screen version is not done-sorry.

jrpstarwars said:
Agreed, the novels don't carry on the big screen story but kind of leech off it. It can't go on forever, true, but the on-screen version is not done-sorry.

If Lucas wanted to make more, he'd be making more. He isn't. He's done. And he owns Star Wars, not Fox. He's keeping the cash cow alive with TV shows, games and books.

Kevin Roegele said:
I advise you check out Joseph Campbell's The Hero With A Thousand Faces, it's all in there.

I looked it up on Wikipedia and it sounds interesting so I might have to give that a read.

I still don't think you can call Star Wars the story of Anakin. You said it yourself, he becomes the villain in the Original Trilogy. If the story were told from his perspective then yeah sure, I could agree, but its clearly from Luke and its clearly about his overcoming the obstacles and trials that await him, not about what becoming fallen has done to Anakin.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

On the topic of the books, EU in general and so forth. I will say most of it is crap, especially the stuff that happens after RoTJ. Most of it is just sci-fi stuff, not really "Star Wars".

The only EU piece of material I think really holds up to what Star Wars is about, or rather the tone, is the first Knights of the Old Republic game, and that's clearly because much of it was modeled on the Original Trilogy.

Upset Spideyfan said:
I looked it up on Wikipedia and it sounds interesting so I might have to give that a read.

I still don't think you can call Star Wars the story of Anakin. You said it yourself, he becomes the villain in the Original Trilogy. If the story were told from his perspective then yeah sure, I could agree, but its clearly from Luke and its clearly about his overcoming the obstacles and trials that await him, not about what becoming fallen has done to Anakin.

On the topic of the books, EU in general and so forth. I will say most of it is crap, especially the stuff that happens after RoTJ. Most of it is just sci-fi stuff, not really "Star Wars".

The only EU piece of material I think really holds up to what Star Wars is about, or rather the tone, is the first Knights of the Old Republic game, and that's clearly because much of it was modeled on the Original Trilogy.

That's true. If the story was from Anakin's POV he wouldn't have been villified. VERY GOOD POINT! So who is the story about??? Luke??? Han??? Leia??? The droids??? Anakin Solo??? Regardless, it's NOT ABOUT ANAKIN/DARTH!!!

Totally new light on this topic, kudos.

I personally think the OT is always the main focus and the prequels are supplemental (as Lucas said when making them). The story is ALuke having to redeem himself and his father's mistakes and the ancient and even primordial tale of father vs. son and the children surpassing their parents and their parents' mistake (now this si starting to sound like Singer's Superman). Seriously, the focus is Luke overcoming the conflict with his father and laying to rest the woes and mistakes his forefathers had on the owrld....or in this case galaxy.

The prequels are just telling how this accident came into being. If you watch them in chronological order Anaking is centerfold. But the main theme of the saga falls on Luke and Leia more though.

jrpstarwars said:
It'll happen, maybe not for 20 years, but it will happen.

When Lucas is in his 80's? :huh:

Are you Supershadow?

Upset Spideyfan said:

Sure, but let's discuss rather than argue, you have intresting opinions on the matter. I mean, the original trilogy definetly is from Luke's perspective, no question. The prequels do the same thing, but with Anakin. So they're 50/50 so far. But then Anakin turns into Vader, and is the villain of the original trilogy, so he is a major player in all six episodes, whereas Luke is only in three (well, four if you count baby Luke). And then it's Vader who is the one who brings balance to the Force. So it's Anakin's story more than Luke's, is my opinion.

Kevin is right, Anakin is the main character of the Star Wars film saga.

As much as I would like to see a new film series, It should not be done. Let it live on in the comics, books, video games, and possible TV series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"