star wars episode 7,8,9 rumor

SpeedballLives said:
Kevin is right, Anakin is the main character of the Star Wars film saga.

As much as I would like to see a new film series, It should not be done. Let it live on in the comics, books, video games, and possible TV series.

I think Star Wars works best (outside the movies) in video games. I've read some novels and they were mediocre, and the comics look like Star Wars but don't feel like Star Wars. But video games is a perfect medium for it.

Kevin Roegele said:
I think Star Wars works best (outside the movies) in video games. I've read some novels and they were mediocre, and the comics look like Star Wars but don't feel like Star Wars. But video games is a perfect medium for it.

It really is. KOTOR, Battlefront, and Rogue Squadron are the three that capture it best. I wish we would see some next gen stuff from these series.

SpeedballLives said:
It really is. KOTOR, Battlefront, and Rogue Squadron are the three that capture it best. I wish we would see some next gen stuff from these series.

Nintendo Wii lightsaber game. Surely, surely it must be so.

Kevin Roegele said:
Nintendo Wii lightsaber game. Surely, surely it must be so.
that is SO happening. Lucasarts knows that it is in high demand, and it will sell like crazy. It should play like Zelda, but in the Star Wars Universe. But when would it take place?

SpeedballLives said:
that is SO happening. Lucasarts knows that it is in high demand, and it will sell like crazy. It should play like Zelda, but in the Star Wars Universe. But when would it take place?

Hmmmm....one for each movie trilogy I guess.

But the greatest thing would surely be two players - you know where I'm going with this - as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon versus Darth Maul.

I'm almost drooling....

Kevin Roegele said:
When Lucas is in his 80's? :huh:

Are you Supershadow?

Uh, no. They'll make it when Lucas as dead. Dedicate to him and get even more publicity.

FROM SpielbergFilms.com:

UNTITLED DREAM SCI-FI PROJECT
In recent years, Steven Spielberg has hinted at the fact that he has a secret "dream sci-fi project" in the works for possible future unveiling. Spielberg has not revealed anything about the film whatsoever beyond the following quote from Empire magazine in 2003:

"I actually do have a dream sci-fi project that I'm not ready to talk about yet," Spielberg told Empire. "But it's in the early, early, early planning stages and I'm very excited about it. It will be an original screenplay. I'm not going to write it. I wrote the story and somebody else will write the screenplay."

Could this be a Spielberg version of Star Wars? Perhaps the second half of the epic? I am sure that Spielberg would be the one person Lucas would entrust Star Wars to. Maybe Lucas will see that Star Wars is bigger than he can handle and it is time for a better film maker to take the reigns.

Even if it isn't Star Wars I'm sure this film will kick azz.

No. This is not Star Wars. This is another film called Interstellar. It's a Sci-fi film about wormholes.

WRONG!!! This project is an original screenplay. Interstellar was already written. He(Spielberg)is basically just the director/producer.

jrpstarwars said:
WRONG!!! This project is an original screenplay. Interstellar was already written. He(Spielberg)is basically just the director/producer.
Well...It's still not Star Wars though.

jrpstarwars said:
Wanna bet?:cwink:
No, cause there's nothing to bet on.

There are more ideas in hollywood than Star Wars, and Spielberg has been one of the most creative minds in Hollywood, I think he can come up with something other than to copy a part of his friends' ideas.

I could be E.T. 2?
If it's something original, than it will not be Star Wars, because that's not original, it was someone else's idea first.

Though I'd love to see more Star Wars, I am OK with it being finished on film, at least for a while. I can see it continue on television though, there are so many cool stories to be had in the Star Wars universe as see through the video games, comics and books.

SpeedballLives said:
No, cause there's nothing to bet on.

There are more ideas in hollywood than Star Wars, and Spielberg has been one of the most creative minds in Hollywood, I think he can come up with something other than to copy a part of his friends' ideas.

I could be E.T. 2?
If it's something original, than it will not be Star Wars, because that's not original, it was someone else's idea first.

E.T. 2??? God kill me now!!!! A Spielberg

Star Wars story would be original though. By original I mean not already an idea for a movie.

Lucas, nor any other credited screenwriter has comeforth with written work for Star Wars Episode 7, 8, or 9. Henceforth, Spielberg's Star Wars Episode 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 would be original works.:woot:

i think they need to make an entire new star wars saga based on the books maybe New Jedi Order but that wouldnt be all that good for lack of lightsaber duels but the Legacy series would be great its about Jacen Solo becoming the next sith and that would be great on film

Kevin Roegele said:
But then Anakin turns into Vader, and is the villain of the original trilogy, so he is a major player in all six episodes, whereas Luke is only in three (well, four if you count baby Luke). And then it's Vader who is the one who brings balance to the Force. So it's Anakin's story more than Luke's, is my opinion.

Anakin's fall and redemption is a theme in Star Wars, it runs through all six movies, but it is not the central theme.

Whatever Vader's status was during the Prequels, he becomes a foil for Luke, not the other way around.

Let me try and put this into a fantasy story context, maybe that'll help me to say what I want to say:

We've got the young knight on a quest to avenge his father and destroy the black knight. The young knight learns the black knight is really his father who used to be a Good Knight but fell and became corrupted and therefore the Young Knight's quest becomes one of redemption. The Young Knight is successful in his quest and the Black Knight is redeemed at the end.

That's essentially Star Wars. Just because we learn how the Black Knight became the Black Knight doesn't negate from the fact that the quest belongs to the Young Knight.

Kevin Roegele said:
And then it's Vader who is the one who brings balance to the Force. So it's Anakin's story more than Luke's, is my opinion.

But this is brought about through Luke. Left to his own devices, Vader would never have redeemed himself.

I'll try and use X-Men 1 as an example. Cyclops is the one that ultimately shoots Magneto and takes him down, ending the threat. It was obvious that on his own, Wolverine was not going to be able to destroy Magneto's machine. But I doubt any of us would argue that Cyclops is the main character, its undoubtedly Wolverine, even though he himself is not the one that stops Magneto.

Just what the American public needs, more crappy star wars films that will be created because Lucas is greedy. :o

Upset Spideyfan said:
Anakin's fall and redemption is a theme in Star Wars, it runs through all six movies, but it is not the central theme.

Whatever Vader's status was during the Prequels, he becomes a foil for Luke, not the other way around.

Let me try and put this into a fantasy story context, maybe that'll help me to say what I want to say:

We've got the young knight on a quest to avenge his father and destroy the black knight. The young knight learns the black knight is really his father who used to be a Good Knight but fell and became corrupted and therefore the Young Knight's quest becomes one of redemption. The Young Knight is successful in his quest and the Black Knight is redeemed at the end.

That's essentially Star Wars. Just because we learn how the Black Knight became the Black Knight doesn't negate from the fact that the quest belongs to the Young Knight.

But this is brought about through Luke. Left to his own devices, Vader would never have redeemed himself.

I'll try and use X-Men 1 as an example. Cyclops is the one that ultimately shoots Magneto and takes him down, ending the threat. It was obvious that on his own, Wolverine was not going to be able to destroy Magneto's machine. But I doubt any of us would argue that Cyclops is the main character, its undoubtedly Wolverine, even though he himself is not the one that stops Magneto.

But how can you say Star Wars is Luke's story when he's only introduced half way through?

The stoy follows Anakin from being a kid at the beginning, and the story ends when he dies.

Sure, Anakin only defeats the Emperor because of Luke's help. But Anakin still defeats the Emperor. Luke himself can't. Anakin is the Chosen One, the Hero, not Luke.

I agree that in the original trilogy, it's all about Luke. But putting the six film saga together as a whole, the story is about Anakin.

movie making technology will have to advance another 15 years before they even attempt it...that way...no actors will be used to replace our original favorite characters...it'll all be digital fx. No Hamil, no Harrison...no substitutes.

Yeah, I think they will start doing all movies with computers. Actors will become expendable.

Yeah, and maybe it'd be better if we were all monkeys picking fleas off each others asses!!!

Kevin Roegele said:
But how can you say Star Wars is Luke's story when he's only introduced half way through?

I see now. I suspect we're having a disagreement of opinion in how we look at the Prequels. You see I've never viewed Star Wars trilogy as 4,5,6 (despite the Episode titles), I've always seen them as 1,2,3. The way I view the Prequels is as a sort of precursor to the main event (-3,-2,-1 if you will).

The Prequels are just the set-up, a way of showing us how things became the way they were in the Original Trilogy. I suppose the best of way of saying it is I view the titles quite literally (Prequel Trilogy, Original Trilogy).

You're viewing them, if I'm not mistaken as 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Edit: Maybe this post comes off way more like rambling than I would have liked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"