Star Wars Question

Vic Von Doom

Civilian
Reaction score
This is a question that was asked to me, and since I could not come up with a decent answer, I shall posit this inquiry to you fine people. Thus:

In Episode III, Chewbacca was all tight with...hey, why is there a red line under Chewbacca? You would think that on a site like this, it would be acceptable text. Anyway...

In ROTS, Chewie was all tight with Yoda and that group, right? So why does Obi-Wan act like he doesn't know him in the OT? Did Yoda never mention him to Obi-Wan in their ghost chats, or what?

In Episode III, Chewbacca was all tight with...hey, why is there a red line under Chewbacca? You would think that on a site like this, it would be acceptable text. Anyway...
That's a Firefox 2 thing.

Yea I doubt in their "force chats" he would bring up "hey I knew this cool wookie named Chewbacca..."
"I know you've got the force Obi Wan, and can move **** with your mind, but this dude Chewie can pull arms out of their sockets"

"Met new friend I have. Nice looking he is. Furry, but ok that is. Be the one for me, he might."

The answer to all Star Wars questions is simple; teh FORCE!!!!

:whatever: :woot:

The better question is was that bartender still so bitter about the clone wars that he banned droids from his bar? crazy.

the force

And the fact that the original star wars was made long before the new trilogy in which chewie and yoda were never pals.

That's just something Lucas threw into episode 3 because he thought it'd be funny...

It confuses continuity since Chewie never mentions knowing yoda to anyone. :wow: zomgwaffleburgers!

the force

And the fact that the original star wars was made long before the new trilogy in which chewie and yoda were never pals.

That's just something Lucas threw into episode 3 because he thought it'd be funny...

It confuses continuity since Chewie never mentions knowing yoda to anyone. :wow: zomgwaffleburgers!
We can say that about other things too.

I agree with Weyseed.
This was nothing but something that Lucas wanted to throw in, because he couldn't do it in ROTJ.
We got ewoks, instead. :down

Other Star Wars problems

1. In A New Hope, Obi-Wan calls Darth Vader, 'Darth' when, by the logic of the prequels, 'Darth' is a title for Sith Lords. He should call him, 'Vader'.

2. The Phantom Menace should not begin with a title crawl, because the crawl is used in serials to explain what happened in the last episode. You don't need one for the first episode.

3. The Sith should not use lightsabers. Lightsabers are a Jedi weapon and Vader only uses one because he used to be a Jedi. The Emperor does not use a lightsaber.

Other Star Wars problems

1. In A New Hope, Obi-Wan calls Darth Vader, 'Darth' when, by the logic of the prequels, 'Darth' is a title for Sith Lords. He should call him, 'Vader'.

Nope. It's well known that I'm the first to point out the many misteps and blunders of G.Luc, but th^t isn't one of them......or.....doesn't have to be.

If the good guy in a story is fighting to the Death with, say, Captain Nefario....it would be quite normal, during their heated dialogue, if the protagonist were to say something like, "Ah, so you think you can beat me, eh, CAPTAIN?!?"

Furthermore, I like to think of it as a barb, like, Anakin is so far gone into evil, Obi Wan won't even achnowledge him as his former self (Anakin), but only by his adopted Sith rank....Darth.

Nope. It's well known that I'm the first to point out the many misteps and blunders of G.Luc, but th^t isn't one of them......or.....doesn't have to be.

If the good guy in a story is fighting to the Death with, say, Captain Nefario....it would be quite normal, during their heated dialogue, if the protagonist were to say something like, "Ah, so you think you can beat me, eh, CAPTAIN?!?"

Furthermore, I like to think of it as a barb, like, Anakin is so far gone into evil, Obi Wan won't even achnowledge him as his former self (Anakin), but only by his adopted Sith rank....Darth.

Ah, but Obi-Wan is not using it to mock his opponent, he is calling him by name. "You can't win, Darth." Darth is obviously his name, and Lucas at that point had not thought of using Darth as a title for Sith in general. Hence the Emperor is not called 'Darth' anything until Episode III.

Anyway, if it was Obi-Wan mocking Vader's Sith rank, we wouldn't have understood anyway, because back in 1977 we didn't know it was a rank. Because it wasn't.

Episode 3 is underrated. It's not as boring as the other two. And Jar Jar isn't in 99.9% of the movie.

yoda never mentions chewy by NAME in ROTS..simply that he has good ties with the wookies.. no way to know that chewy was ACTUALLY PRESENT during that battle..

furthermore....LUKE only mentions DAGOBAH to han and chewy..NEVER Yoda... CHewy has no idea Yoda is even still alive.....

you can still probably find fault but you would have to come up with an overly exaggerated... storyline... but anyway ..like wilhelm said ..theres alot of faults in the storyline but this DOESNT have to be one

Ah, but Obi-Wan is not using it to mock his opponent, he is calling him by name. "You can't win, Darth." Darth is obviously his name, and Lucas at that point had not thought of using Darth as a title for Sith in general. Hence the Emperor is not called 'Darth' anything until Episode III.

Anyway, if it was Obi-Wan mocking Vader's Sith rank, we wouldn't have understood anyway, because back in 1977 we didn't know it was a rank. Because it wasn't.
sound argument ..but to poke a hole in this.. MANY characters in the OT including episode IV address Vader as ...LORD.. substituing the DARTH.. how do you explain that?? are you to say that Vader is his LAST NAME??? and why wouldnt any of the admirals be titled darth??? why is it only his right hand man??? and if he indeed had ANY rank... why not colonel or general??

yoda never mentions chewy by NAME in ROTS.

Yes he does, "Goodbye Chewbacca, miss you, I will."

It's a pointless coincidence that makes the story harder to believe, for no actual benefit.

sound argument ..but to poke a hole in this.. MANY characters in the OT including episode IV address Vader as ...LORD.. substituing the DARTH.. how do you explain that?? are you to say that Vader is his LAST NAME??? and why wouldnt any of the admirals be titled darth??? why is it only his right hand man??? and if he indeed had ANY rank... why not colonel or general??

Yes, Darth Vader is his name, like Bobba Fett or Han Solo.

Substituting Lord makes sense. If Darth WAS a title, they wouldn't call him Lord.

Yes, Darth Vader is his name, like Bobba Fett or Han Solo.

Substituting Lord makes sense. If Darth WAS a title, they wouldn't call him Lord.

Darth IS NOT his name.. whether it was revealed in the OT or the ST.. it is confirmed and used over again as a TITLE amongst Sith....

Darth Maul.. Darth Sidious.. Darth Malak... Darth Tyrannus...Darth Vader

EVERYONE has the SAME NAME??? negative...

the characters NOT of Sith orgins dont recognize the Darth title or for some unexplicable reason choose rarely to call him that...

This is a question that was asked to me, and since I could not come up with a decent answer, I shall posit this inquiry to you fine people. Thus:

In ROTS, Chewie was all tight with Yoda and that group, right? So why does Obi-Wan act like he doesn't know him in the OT? Did Yoda never mention him to Obi-Wan in their ghost chats, or what?
Why would Obi Wan know Chewie before ep IV? Yoda doesn't need to mention him. It was irrelevant who it was because Obi Wan wouldn't have known either way

Other Star Wars problems

2. The Phantom Menace should not begin with a title crawl, because the crawl is used in serials to explain what happened in the last episode. You don't need one for the first episode.

People would have *****ed. "WTF? Where's the big yellow thing you have to read before the movie starts?"

You gotta have the crawl in anything Star Wars related at this point, I think.

How would you start it without that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"