Rebels Star Wars: Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I rather them go Kotor in episode VII than continue the saga of Luke. No disrespect to anyone who is a fan of the EU post ROTJ but nearly everything in that era makes me roll my eyes. I suspect they are going to have to include something like the Thawn invasion or something. Post ROTJ is a very happy ending there are no more Sith the galaxy is free. Where they gonna go I don't know, I'm at a lost to what the next three episodes of the Star Wars saga will bring.

As far as the new tv show it needs a powerful force user to at least oppose Vader. Who I assume is going to be the big bad of the series cause this is pretty much his peak of power and cunning. What I appreciated most in the TFU games was that Vader had a plan. He found himself an apprentice and was planning to overthrow the Emperor instead of being in servitude to him. If there is one thing I hope to see in this series is a openly defiant Vader planning on overthrowing the emperor

To be honest I rather them go Kotor in episode VII than continue the saga of Luke. No disrespect to anyone who is a fan of the EU post ROTJ but nearly everything in that era makes me roll my eyes. I suspect they are going to have to include something like the Thawn invasion or something. Post ROTJ is a very happy ending there are no more Sith the galaxy is free. Where they gonna go I don't know, I'm at a lost to what the next three episodes of the Star Wars saga will bring.
That's the thing though. As much as i did enjoy reading a lot of the Thrawn stuff, i dont want them to feel obligated to include it, if they can come up with something awesome on their own. And i agree with you: many of the post-ROTJ stuff makes me roll my eyes.

I do think it's very important for them to introduce new characters, so that they can expand from the characters we've seen so far. Star Wars goes beyond the Skywalker saga, even if that's what we've seen so far. These movies hopefully will bring us into the next chapter :woot:

As far as this show goes, i'm happy with the name of it: Rebels, and hope we see the evolution of how the rebellion really became more organized, since it's beginnings were kinda hinted in ROTS. Rebel pilots, bounty hunters, the start of the Empire and how the senators who started the rebellion dealt with these events, possible jedi on the run... the possibilities are endless!

Edit: Folini's teasing us again:

934164_10151599428110053_2073621391_n.jpg

Something to go with the TIE Fighter I drew...

Last edited:

As far as the new tv show it needs a powerful force user to at least oppose Vader. Who I assume is going to be the big bad of the series cause this is pretty much his peak of power and cunning. What I appreciated most in the TFU games was that Vader had a plan. He found himself an apprentice and was planning to overthrow the Emperor instead of being in servitude to him. If there is one thing I hope to see in this series is a openly defiant Vader planning on overthrowing the emperor

Me too, when I first heard they were doing new SW movies the first thing I said was they should do kotor and just distance themselves from the movies. Either do something far in the past like kotor or far in the future like Legacy so that they can have the decency to not ruin and interfere with the established lore.

Your reasons you described are the reason I want Starkiller for this show.

PS: What on Earth is that painting supposed to be?

I see the helmet of a tie fighter pilot... to keep in theme with the other drawing he teased.

Me too, when I first heard they were doing new SW movies the first thing I said was they should do kotor and just distance themselves from the movies. Either do something far in the past like kotor or far in the future like Legacy so that they can have the decency to not ruin and interfere with the established lore.

Your reasons you described are the reason I want Starkiller for this show.

PS: What on Earth is that painting supposed to be?

It doesn't have to be StarKiller the only force users it can be for me is Ben Kenobi and Yoda

I'm just saying that they may be some elements of the EU placed in, but I think EU fans are bound to be disappointed one way or another.

I agree, the movies are the priority and if it effects EU cannon then that'll just be the way it is. I also don't get why so many want to go backwards with the Old Republic, I'd rather we see stories where we don't know the outcome. I also want to see exciting new characters created as opposed to just adapting ones from the EU, Star Wars has always been great at this.

I see the helmet of a tie fighter pilot... to keep in theme with the other drawing he teased.

I thought it was Chewie's right boob. :O

I never figured you'd be the type to notice wookie boobs but hey, whatever rocks your boat *slowly backs away* The HELL?! :shock :lmao:

:lmao: I just noticed those are eyes not nipples.

I agree, the movies are the priority and if it effects EU cannon then that'll just be the way it is. I also don't get why so many want to go backwards with the Old Republic, I'd rather we see stories where we don't know the outcome. I also want to see exciting new characters created as opposed to just adapting ones from the EU, Star Wars has always been great at this.

I thought it was Chewie's right boob. :O

For me post ROTJ is a very happy ending for the galaxy, Han & Leia, and Luke. The thing about happy endings is they only occur when you end the story, its like when they ended that story they froze time. So that Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie would never get older, never die and would always be as I remembered them as a kid. Imagine the continuation from the end of a movie like Gone with Wind and they picked up the next movie with Red walking back through that door. It just completely ruined the end to the previous movie and thats where my fear lies. Ruining the end back then with the reality of today.

I prefer the KOTOR type story because there is more freedom and leeway to explore a time in the Star Wars saga where its pretty open. There is no worry that you may step on any characters or stories that can go back to any of the previous movies. There are more sith, more warrior manadloreans and a young republic struggling to keep peace.

The best thing they can do is just completely ignore the EU and any fan recommendations period. The biggest mistake a film maker can make is trying to please everyone. If something is going to make the EU fanboys mad, but it's a good story that's going to please the general audience and bring revenue then they need to stick with it.

Hopefully later in the series we'll be treated to a young Han Solo who was apparently an Imperial Officer eventually saving Chewie's life hence swearing a live debt to him. We'll obviously be treated to a Falcon introduction, hopefully finally see the planet Corellia, his dealings with Lando plus MAYBE the Kessel Run being completed in less than 12 parsecs!!

All the possibilities!!!! :D

The best thing they can do is just completely ignore the EU and any fan recommendations period. The biggest mistake a film maker can make is trying to please everyone. If something is going to make the EU fanboys mad, but it's a good story that's going to please the general audience and bring revenue then they need to stick with it.

But what if the people making the movie are fans that want all that stuff to happen? If Joss Whedon had been the director he totally would do the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Plus after the colossal mistake which was the prequel trilogy, I think for Star Wars listening to the fans and not leaving it to guys behind the camera who just want the money could be the best thing.

Last edited:
For me post ROTJ is a very happy ending for the galaxy, Han & Leia, and Luke. The thing about happy endings is they only occur when you end the story, its like when they ended that story they froze time. So that Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie would never get older, never die and would always be as I remembered them as a kid. Imagine the continuation from the end of a movie like Gone with Wind and they picked up the next movie with Red walking back through that door. It just completely ruined the end to the previous movie and thats where my fear lies. Ruining the end back then with the reality of today.

I prefer the KOTOR type story because there is more freedom and leeway to explore a time in the Star Wars saga where its pretty open. There is no worry that you may step on any characters or stories that can go back to any of the previous movies. There are more sith, more warrior manadloreans and a young republic struggling to keep peace.

I can see where you are coming from but I think it's time to be bold and take the next step in the saga cinematically, enough backtracking to stories we know the outcome of, lets see how the effects of the Rebel's victory and return of the Jedi Order affects the Galaxy.

Yeah...I really don't want that to stay in continuity. It did just about everything wrong. Vader shouldn't have been getting the crap kicked out of him, Starkiller was powerful to the point it was annoying, and the whole story REALLY ruined the whole concept of the Rebel Alliance. IMO something like that would form naturally. The second game had a better story and made Vader a lot cooler, but all of that didn't matter because it was only 4 and a half hours long.

Anyway I'm hoping the show doesn't use Vader too much. He should be used sparingly to say the least and I hope Palpatine doesn't even appear, maybe once like he did in the Clone Wars, but that's it.

As for Starkiller, if Ashoka is still alive then, he'd be a cool character to introduce. A story arc revolving around Starkiller, his training with Vader, and his master learning of Ashoka's existence would be great. Starkiller is trained through cruelty in traditional sith manner, and is sent to bring Ashoka back to Vader alive. Ashoka mourns her former master and talks of his kindness and understanding. Then when she is confronted by Vader, and Starkiller learns his master's past life as Anakin Skywalker, he realizes Vader intends to replace him with his captive. I think this could make him into a much more tragic character and the arc ending with both his students deaths would be add an element of sympathy for the dark lord of the sith as well.

I don't intend to be judgemental so please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like all the people who hate TFU are the ones who refuse to accept that someone could be more powerful than Vader. Vader was still incredibly powerful, but after losing his arms and legs he lost a lot of his dueling abilities, as well as the ability to use force lightning. I think it seems plausible that a strong force user could potentially beat him. Especially since Starkiller was trained by Vader himself. Heck, Obi Wan wasn't the most POWERFUL force user, but because he was smarter and such a great jedi and Vader was so prideful, he won. I see where you're coming from, but Starkiller is a very interesting character to me. Agree to disagree?

Now, for the part I put in red, you're a friggin genius. I'd love to see something like that.:)

The benefit of rejecting the Expanded Universe is that it opens up infinite storytelling possibilities. Trying to shoehorn a story in a continuity made of millions of pages would stunt the film's growth. While I loved the EU - I still buy books and comics every other month-I am happy it is not going to dictate what is in the film. Having said that, the declaration of its non canoncity does not mean it is going to disappear: the books, games, and comics are still going to occupy our shelves. As comic book fans - as evidenced by membership on this forum-we should be able to handle multiple continuities or assemble our own; it's what we have been doing with Marvel and DC, so why not with a property that has returned to Marvel?

The benefit of rejecting the Expanded Universe is that it opens up infinite storytelling possibilities. Trying to shoehorn a story in a continuity made of millions of pages would stunt the film's growth. While I loved the EU - I still buy books and comics every other month-I am happy it is not going to dictate what is in the film. Having said that, the declaration of its non canoncity does not mean it is going to disappear: the books, games, and comics are still going to occupy our shelves. As comic book fans - as evidenced by membership on this forum-we should be able to handle multiple continuities or assemble our own; it's what we have been doing with Marvel and DC, so why not with a property that has returned to Marvel?

Thank you, you are more sensible than several other EU fans around here. Definitely more understanding than smallville fan.

In this show we can see:

-Vader vs Yoda
-Vader vs Obi Wan
-Vader vs Jedi

I'm pretty sure Obi-Won and Yoda are in hiding the entire time

Agreed, except for Ahsoka(if we're taking Clone Wars cartoon lore still)

Many Fans: "Who the **** is this Brat?" :cmad:
Me: "She looks cute, but I'm sure it's just a one off Charater."

Many Fans: "We love her!" :hrt:
Me: "She looks even cuter now, and I like her very much!"

^ :hehe:

In this show we can see:

-Vader vs Yoda
-Vader vs Obi Wan
-Vader vs Jedi
Maybe Vader vs whichever remaining jedi survived Order 66 (which could be worked in), buy I personally dont want to see Vader fighting Yoda or Obi-Wan at all.

I'd rather see how Tarkin came to power and made Vader his lapdog.

Maybe Vader vs whichever remaining jedi survived Order 66 (which could be worked in), buy I personally dont want to see Vader fighting Yoda or Obi-Wan at all.

Maybe not a fight, and I know it shouldn't happen at all, but I can't help wanting to see a scene between Yoda and Vader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"