State your unpopular book or music related opinion

-Contrary to the collective agreement of all of the Bob Dylan snobs I know, his 1970's work is GREAT.

Oh, for sure. His soundtrack for Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid, Planet Waves, Blood On The Tracks, Desire. Great stuff.

-I don't particularly like Led Zeppelin.
-I don't think Nirvana sound anything like a grunge band, at least going by the other bands that are defined as grunge.
-I actually don't know if this is unpopular, but the two best Madonna songs are Like A Prayer and Frozen.
-Iggy Pop's version of China Girl >>>>>> David Bowie's
-This one sort of hurts to admit, but I don't hate Fancy by Iggy Azalea.

I've lost all credibility with that last statement, but yeah.

Megadeth is overrated, as is Anthrax.

Yeah, that's right. I tried very hard to like them. My brother told me those bands were awesome...didn't impress me. Boring music.

I actually find enjoyment in reading the Twilight books.

There's probably nothing wrong about that, Miss.

I haven't read a Twilight book or watched any of the movies, so I don't know. I know it's popular to hate it, though...and I bet a lot of the haters haven't read the books or seen the movies either.

still waiting on an answer for that.

What do you want me to say?:yay:

-Iggy Pop's version of China Girl >>>>>> David Bowie's.

Bahaus is pretty bad, and insanely prententious, but their version of Ziggy Stardust is better than Bowie's. He even admitted this himself.

So I don't know if that's unpopular.

I'm sure it is true that The Beatles are great since most everyone says so, but I don't like their stuff at all. Depressing downers.

Not a very big fan of Beatles myself. I know, I "don't get it" because I'm "too young" or something like that. I don't like Janis Joplin either.

I can't think of a song from the sixties that I actually like. I don't like the sixties at all, to be honest. Ugly clothes, brainless hippies...the sixties as a whole was a crappy decade. A good BBC documentary about it is "Why I Hate The Sixties". I know, it doesn't really belong here...but I really don't like the sixties!

Is it just me, or do all of the songs they play on the radio these days sound similar? I can't tell the difference between any of the singers...

Shut up, Rihanna, shut up Beyonce or whoever you are.

Is it just me, or do all of the songs they play on the radio these days sound similar? I can't tell the difference between any of the singers...

Shut up, Rihanna, shut up Beyonce or whoever you are.

I find there's a good amount of songs that use very similar beats/rhythms/vocals so they all blend together after a while. It annoys the **** out of me.

I think Tool is beyond boring. In every song I hear I keep waiting for all the musical talent people drone on about, but it never comes.

The villains on Supernatural get progressively worse every season.

I love Guns n Roses and Nirvana but I cannot listen to "Paradise City" or "Nevermind." I always have to skip those tracks. It's not that I consider them bad songs, it is just that they have been played to death on TV and radio

Beyonce's veiled shots at Jay-Z in "Lemonade" is merely a sale pitch for TIDAL. Anything in the name of money...

:down

I hate Rihanna's Work song

I have 2 that I am not sure if they are unpopular or not but here it goes.

1. 70's and 80's had the best music and 90 it started to go down hill and just about ever thing past the 90's is utter crap. I almost never like new songs and almost never listen to knew music in the car or any where.

2. Country sucks big time. Just about all of country singers sound 100% the same where I think a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell different singers apart and they are all like about cowboys, beer and cars.

I wish country would sing about cowboys again. Every song is about tailgates, beer, and girls named "girl" now.

I don't listen to rap stations, but if something is supposed to be good, I'll seek it out. After hearing the name Drake for a couple of years on Facebook, I looked up some of his songs. Couldn't get into it at all. Hotline Bing is terrible.

I don't like anything from The Beatles or Elvis, but I do usually like when other people cover their stuff.

Prince never did anything for me. I don't change the station when he comes on, but I've never bought anything of his either.

Music has never been better than it is today, and is both vastly superior but also more diverse than it ever was in the 70s, 80s or 90s. I will agree that mainstream music (biggest trends, what's played on the radio) was better back in the day, but there is so much good music being made, and very little of it gets acknowledged on the radio.

I wish country would sing about cowboys again. Every song is about tailgates, beer, and girls named "girl" now.

I don't listen to rap stations, but if something is supposed to be good, I'll seek it out. After hearing the name Drake for a couple of years on Facebook, I looked up some of his songs. Couldn't get into it at all. Hotline Bing is terrible.

I don't like anything from The Beatles or Elvis, but I do usually like when other people cover their stuff.

Prince never did anything for me. I don't change the station when he comes on, but I've never bought anything of his either.

I never liked the Beatles. I really only know like 1 or 2 Elvis songs like jail house rocks. Its funny because I was saying at work how I don't really know any prince songs never really heard his stuff and some people where saying it was before I was alive but like I said I hate todays music and like 70's and 80's music the most even though I was not born in till 89 and also I love Micheal Jackson and him and Prince where around the same time period lol.

Radiohead is a mediocre band and it's incredibly overrated.

Drake is ass. Also, this trend of super monotone hip-hop that's become so huge is so ****ing grating to me. It's all my best friend listens to and it makes me want to claw my ears off.

Drake is ass. Also, this trend of super monotone hip-hop that's become so huge is so ****ing grating to me. It's all my best friend listens to and it makes me want to claw my ears off.

For sure one of the most overrated hip hop acts. Very influential, but I don't get why his music really has blown up. He's not saying anything other rappers havent said and he's not singing about anything R&B singers havent done already either.

I just feel like every Drake song is him talking about how ****ing amazing he is. It's like Kanye levels of narcissism.

Well...that's a lot of mainstream rappers. Even a lot of underground/lesser known rappers

Probably why I don't really like the genre all that much. I like a lot of the rap stuff in the early and mid 90's, but everything that comes out today just feels sterile and bland to me.

For sure one of the most overrated hip hop acts. Very influential, but I don't get why his music really has blown up. He's not saying anything other rappers havent said and he's not singing about anything R&B singers havent done already either.

It's not the substance that makes him popular, it's the catchiness of the songs and beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"