Step-Up 2: The Streets

oakzap425

Avenger
Reaction score
stepup2_galleryposter.jpg

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809921600/info

Why the hell does Step-Up have a sequel? More importantly, what is this new obesession with White kids, and
street dancing?!

Edit:

Apple Movie Trailer. Needs to be experienced at least once.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/stepup2thestreets/

There's not a single central character in this film who isn't as white as the SHH! background. Sadly.

Yeah, I noticed in the preview, which was, oddly, attached to Cloverfield. :confused:

It's like they took "You Got Served", "Step-Up", and "stomp The Yard", made it into one film, with a bunch of white people.

I laughed the entire preview. I saw Step-Up in the theaters, because it got so much hype, and I needed to see it myself. IT was bad. This looks worse. And I will sit through every minute of it with laughter in my soul.

My thoughts exactly.

You gotta go watch the trailer

stepup2_galleryposter.jpg

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809921600/info

Why the hell does Step-Up have a sequel? More importantly, what is this new obesession with White kids, and street dancing?!
That babe is smokin', but come on. Give me a goddamn break. I seen and heard enough of these half-ass, crap-ass street dancing films; the characters are uninspired and unoriginal, the stories are are lame, etc.

That babe is smokin', but come on. Give me a goddamn break. I seen and heard enough of these half-ass, crap-ass street dancing films; the characters are uninspired and unoriginal, the stories are are lame, etc.

Yeah. There really hasn't been a good dancing film in the last fifteen or so years ("Happy Feet" being the one exception, I think). Mainly because of two reasons:

1. We've forgotten, on the whole, how to write 'dance' films.

2. No professional dancer would be caught dead in these films, so they rounded up all the white kids who took 'hip hop' and 'step' classes down at the Y.

Anyone who will pay 10 dollars to see this is completely, incurably, tragically ******ed.

Yeah. There really hasn't been a good dancing film in the last fifteen or so years ("Happy Feet" being the one exception, I think). Mainly because of two reasons:

1. We've forgotten, on the whole, how to write 'dance' films.

2. No professional dancer would be caught dead in these films, so they rounded up all the white kids who took 'hip hop' and 'step' classes down at the Y.
Oh yeah, I loved Happy Feet, it was certainly an unexpected gem that I thought would be just another sub-par CGI-animated film; but it was much more. It was just so powerful and heroic in a sense and I loved every minute of it. But back to the topic at hand, yeah, dance flicks really have little or no effort put into them because we've either seen them all before, or just don't want to because we know what to expect.

No Channing Tatum=NO DICE!!!!!!!! :cmad:

Oh yeah, I loved Happy Feet, it was certainly an unexpected gem that I thought would be just another sub-par CGI-animated film; but it was much more. It was just so powerful and heroic in a sense and I loved every minute of it. But back to the topic at hand, yeah, dance flicks really have little or no effort put into them because we've either seen them all before, or just don't want to because we know what to expect.

Exactly. And, speaking as a dancer myself (tap dancer, natch), none of the dancers in these films are that talented. I'm serious.

Exactly. And, speaking as a dancer myself (tap dancer, natch), none of the dancers in these films are that talented. I'm serious.
Yeah, you can honestly tell that they either learned the style of dancing through a couple of needed classes, or if they're professional at what they do on the screen. And also, there's no excuse because real dancers only get one chance to get the right routine going, these guys however get numerous of chances to get it right; if they screw up, they try again. Simple as that. Now, I'm no professional dancer but I can say that seeing the same stuff that I've already seen from numerous of other dance titles really doesn't make the movie any better than a steaming pile of ass-crap.

I think these people are actors who dance. Not dancers who act.:o

Dance movies suck. If you're stupid enough to pay $10 to watch people dancing when you can watch it for free on YouTube, you deserve to be ripped off.

Dance movies suck. If you're stupid enough to pay $10 to watch people dancing when you can watch it for free on YouTube, you deserve to be ripped off.

Not to mention that the "acting" in between all of the dancing is basically YouTube quality material anyway.

"We're taking it to where the real dancers are, we're taking it to the streets." :rolleyes:

But the main chick is extremely hot.

what is this Fame2008?...i'll pass on a movie about the struggles of suburban white kids with school problems and excellent dance skills

garbage man, like a bunch of dancers are going to dance in the rain in the middle of a freakin back alley. ******ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"