Step-Up 2: The Streets

Step up, u got served, stomp the yard are all fake poser dancers. This March 21st a new dance movie is set to come out. But this is REAL dancers. Its a documentary about the subculture of Bboying. Movie is called "Planet B-Boy" It tells the story of Battle Of the Year. Check out "Planet B-Boy" on youtube. Its REAL bboys from All around the world. Its not a fake dancing s*** u see in Stomp the Yard.

Wait, are you trying to say those movies weren't real?!?!?! I've been had! I thought they were real documentaries on the subject! These people are actors?! This is shattering my world, next thing you're gonna tell me Han Solo, John McClane and Bruce Wayne aren't real either and the people in those movies were just actors too!

Step up, u got served, stomp the yard are all fake poser dancers. This March 21st a new dance movie is set to come out. But this is REAL dancers. Its a documentary about the subculture of Bboying. Movie is called "Planet B-Boy" It tells the story of Battle Of the Year. Check out "Planet B-Boy" on youtube. Its REAL bboys from All around the world. Its not a fake dancing s*** u see in Stomp the Yard.

If the dancing in these movies is so fake and bad, you should have no problem doing it. Especially the stuff Columbus Short, a trained dance choreographer before he even got into acting, did in Stomp the Yard.

What? Im saying those "break-dancing" moves u see is NOT bboying. Bboying and Breakdancing are two completely different things. What they do in those movies area breakdancing. The new documentary Planet B-Boy is all about the real history of Bboying. Just cuz someone knows how to do a freeze doesnt make them a bboy. If those guys came to a cypher in NYC they'd get called out for a battle n get ROASTED!

This is the trailer to Planet B-Boy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gfq2Zwr0ABM

What? Im saying those "break-dancing" moves u see is NOT bboying. Bboying and Breakdancing are two completely different things. What they do in those movies area breakdancing. The new documentary Planet B-Boy is all about the real history of Bboying. Just cuz someone knows how to do a freeze doesnt make them a bboy. If those guys came to a cypher in NYC they'd get called out for a battle n get ROASTED!

This is the trailer to Planet B-Boy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gfq2Zwr0ABM

Why do you keep saying they're bboying? That don't even say that they're attempting to bboy in the movie. THey just say they're dancing. So let the bboy rant go.

Why do you keep saying they're bboying? That don't even say that they're attempting to bboy in the movie. THey just say they're dancing. So let the bboy rant go.

They're not bboying in that movie? Planet B-Boy? Do you know wut Bboying is?

The dance battle in the rain scene, looks like its too much. Especially with all the people in the back, I mean, cot'damn. :( Looks kinda cheesy, but if its entertaining thats all that matters. Maybe one day.

"Stomping" is not the same as dancing. :confused:

Thank you!

Am I crazy or are "dance contest movies" about 20 years late?

I didn't see anything here that I couldn't have seen in Step Up: 2 had they given the "breakdancers" therein more camera time.

Yes or no questions I dare you to answer:
Do you believe Choreography means fake or unauthentic dancing?
Do you believe that what BBoys do is the only real dancing?

Keep in mind, that you can fail by not answering these questions with yes or no answers.

The dance battle in the rain scene, looks like its too much. Especially with all the people in the back, I mean, cot'damn. :( Looks kinda cheesy, but if its entertaining thats all that matters. Maybe one day.

There you have it. If you can accept that these kids can rally a bunch of club bangers to run out into the streets into the rain to see them dance, then you're good... but if you demand more from the plot, well... too bad.

But once they're out in the rain... well... it's off the chain.

Am I crazy or are "dance contest movies" about 20 years late?

Unfortuantely, yes. 20 Years ago, authentic, immersed dancers were a subculture that would be hard to pander to, reliably pull talent from, or get large amounts of coin out of. Nowadays, suburban america has strange love affair with Hip Hop Culture, as you may have picked up from the posh-to-ghetto or vice versa plots in many of these films. So these films can happily and easily cash in on that market, and there are plenty of "actors" who can "dance" in the style.

The suburb kids are always about 5 years behind what's hip anyway.

The suburb kids are always about 5 years behind what's hip anyway.

YO MAMMA IS FIVE YEARS BEHIND!!!....Is that still dope down on the ghetto? :huh: :csad: :cwink:

GL you saying that, that video of those two breakers wasnt a real battle? LMAO ur a noob. U obviously dont know s*** about bboying. If u seen Kickin it old skool, ud recognize Casper. Do some research about bboys n crews. Then come talk to me.

This movie made me feel embarrased for paying for the tickets...worse than Step Up

I enjoyed it. Another guilty pleasure to go along with the first one.

Really? I thought that rain scene was awesome. The entire movie was hyped up, but for the genre and audience, I thought it was awesome. I loved the music and beats during the rain and it just added to the movie and made that scene stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"