• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stephen King's Epic "The Dark Tower" - Part 2

He certainly looks too buff / clean / handsome to be a convincing Roland. I could give two ****s about what colour skin the guy has, but Roland should look worn down, skinny, and rough. Elba looks too clean, strong and fresh in this. The all over leather Matrix look is crap as well. The guy should look threadbare, not super-cool. The world is supposed to have moved on, and Roland is supposed to have been tracking Walter for many, many miles across harsh terrain. Its one of the main reasons I have deep reservations about this whole adaptation. They've made Roland a full blown HERO, when he shouldn't be anything of the sort.

Should have been Viggo Mortensen...

Viggo from when he was in The Road.
the_road11.jpg

The movie should feel odd. Like a dream tip-toeing to becoming a nightmare. And so far, the vibe is not going down that direction.

Also, under Tom Rothman, I think the movie won't deliver despite the great cast.

Vigo as Gunslinger is dream casting. But problem isnt casting for this movie.

if anyone has read entirely through the Dark Tower series it stands to reason that this film is

another go round for Roland to reach the Tower

It's been confirmed that the sentence in your spoiler tag is correct. Even so, I've been waiting for 12 years to see the Dark Tower Saga adapted in some manner. Even if it's not perfect, I'm still quite excited.

Maybe Viggo can play Roland in the inevitable TV reboot.

Not really a role he would age out of.

Maybe Viggo can play Roland in the inevitable TV reboot.

Getting Vigo to play Roland in TV reboot is likely same as getting Mads Mikkelsen to play Geralt of Rivia in (I hope eventual) Witcher tv series. :csad:

I love Mads, but does he really fit Geralt?

I don't know the Witcher so I can't comment but Mads would make an epic Crimson King.

I love Mads, but does he really fit Geralt?

Not for me. Geralt is a lot more heroic than Mads would pull off, I think - looks wise, anyway. Nicolaj Coster Waldau would be better.

....I'd kill for a Witcher movie or TV series.

Even if its made by Sony Pictures / Sony TV / with Tom Rothman calling the shots ?

No. Then I'd have to kill myself :woot:

But if it's for TV, how about Starz? Or Amazon / Netflix?

Seriously, somebody will realise at some point that a Witcher series would easily pick up a lot of the GoT audience...

The sad thing is Sony will be worse off if someone like Kevin Tsujihara ends up replacing Tom Rothman after the WB / AT&T merge

& just about any company will likely do a better job thats not named Sony

The rights for The Witcher sit with a company that work with Universal, so don't think Sony Pictures would be a problem :up: Film and TV rights have nothing to do with game rights - thankfully.

I'm not really sure who my ideal Roland would be... He's always been Clint Eastwood in my head and He always will be. I wouldn't mind Viggo or Ed Harris, but it wouldn't be ideal...

Raylan Givens would be a pretty good Roland.

The years of stuff and thangs have given him a nicely worn out quality that Roland has. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has that Randall Flagg grin down pretty good as well.

I'm not really sure who my ideal Roland would be... He's always been Clint Eastwood in my head and He always will be. I wouldn't mind Viggo or Ed Harris, but it wouldn't be ideal...

Now that he's free of the Wolverine shackles, and we've seen that he can do the tired and worn thing very well, I think Hugh Jackman and his Eastwood resemblance may have been a very successful combination when it comes to playing Roland.

e60bdeb029fa04dc66aeb6b5b1e91712.jpg

Funny thing is... McConoughey would be a good Roland I reckon. If he stayed slim and grew a beard he'd have that ragged worn down handsomeness.

Yep, been saying Jackman should be Roland for years. And Logan more or less proved it. I'd be fine with Elba though if this movie didnt look like such a train wreck. Even the CGI looks obvious and bad. They couldn't even find enough good footage to make an impressive trailer.

I didn't use to think Jackman was grizzled enough, even as I wanted him. But after Logan, he'd be pretty perfect.

Now that he's free of the Wolverine shackles, and we've seen that he can do the tired and worn thing very well, I think Hugh Jackman and his Eastwood resemblance may have been a very successful combination when it comes to playing Roland.

e60bdeb029fa04dc66aeb6b5b1e91712.jpg

This just goes to show how ingrained with Wolverine he is because Jackman wasn't even on my radar as a potential Roland, but I think he would do a solid job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"