SteveDeKnight

Brainiac 8 said:
I am more and more loving DeKnight because of this thread, I may forgive him for some of the episodes he had a part in.

Especially about calling Lana on her Crap.:up: ;)

That first comment, has got to mean that Lana is in on the secret. Please tell me you guys see it this way too.

I'm starting to think this secret is really what's holding Clark back somewhat.

avidreader said:
She is owed the truth up to a point. Its a pretty HUGE secret that he is carrying around with him and he HAS to be sure that whoever he shares it with is ready for the responsibility of it. As I said she showed us in Reckoning that she wasnt ready for the responsibility.
now avid, that's just too wrong..

it's, (what you imply here), more like she went to the crowded Talon and said his secret with a bullhorn, and then sent text message to Lex, - then what actually had happened in Reckoning, - or what you probably meant to say..

what happened was anything but "not responsible" she did the best under circumstances - she actually did risk her life by trying to get away from Lex who went all out and unleashed his worst on her..

I messaged Steve D. and invited him to come visit us here..

We'll see if he shows up. :D

Someone quick hide the dirty laundry just in case he does.. :eek:;)

*waits for him around the corner with a steel bat*

Wait.....

*debates whether he should ask for KK's cell number before he hits him*

Okay.. somebody hide Lude too!

:p (luv ya Lude)

I swear I wont hit him below the waist.................if he gives me Kristin's digits

Serene said:

That would be so cool! :)

BaK said:
now avid, that's just too wrong..

it's, (what you imply here), more like she went to the crowded Talon and said his secret with a bullhorn, and then sent text message to Lex, - then what actually had happened in Reckoning, - or what you probably meant to say..

what happened was anything but "not responsible" she did the best under circumstances - she actually did risk her life by trying to get away from Lex who went all out and unleashed his worst on her..

No, no, no, that's not what I meant at all. Let me try again.

Remember when Clark wanted to tell Pete about his secret and Clark's parents said you might be giving him a responsibility that he's not ready to take on yet.

Now that didnt imply that Pete would betray Clark and blurt out his secret to the next person that came along because he wouldnt and neither would Lana and she proved that she wouldnt by getting herself killed for it.

What I meant by responsibility was that the burden of keeping that secret isnt something that Lana is able to do at this point in time, because

a) She's not very good at hiding secrets and telling lies; and
b) She's too much in cahoots with Lex Luthor

Doesnt make her a bad person it just means that Lana's not ready yet.

Serene said:

Goodonya Serene! :up: I hope he comes and plays a visit.

Did you get the washing done?

Serene said:

Someone quick hide the dirty laundry just in case he does.. :eek: ;)
Ut oh! Forget the dirty laundry; I need a rock to hide under. Remember this...

AgentPat said:
...I KNEW there was a reason I avoided K-Site. I thought it was because of all the Buffy fans and the ridiculous Chloe-becomes-Lois theories....
Um.... :O Now I feel like a complete jerk. LOL

I just get tired of seeing SV unfavorably compared to Buffy, as if the latter was the greatest skein ever. Meh. Give me SV *any* day of the week.

AgentPat said:
Um.... :O Now I feel like a complete jerk. LOL

I just get tired of seeing SV unfavorably compared to Buffy, as if the latter was the greatest skein ever. Meh. Give me SV *any* day of the week.
I wouldn't worry about it. I was a Buffy fan, to a moderate degree.. but I totally agree. I could miss Buffy eps.. I do NOT miss SV eps (or people get hurt)(no, seriously).

;)

Besides.. smart money says he won't show anyway. I'm sure he's getting thousands fo messages from all the 'shipper forums trying to woo him..

The guy's brave for opening up the door for communication. Every shipper has his/her own agenda when posting to his blog and it's completely stupid to read their thoughts. They beg, they 'yes-man' him, they commend him, they scold him, then they follow him around hoping he'll toss them a bone they can construe to their own preference.

Oye.

It's nuts.

rumpuso said:
The guy's brave for opening up the door for communication. Every shipper has his/her own agenda when posting to his blog and it's completely stupid to read their thoughts. They beg, they 'yes-man' him, they commend him, they scold him, then they follow him around hoping he'll toss them a bone they can construe to their own preference.

Oye.

It's nuts.

I'm actually getting alot of amusement out of reading that thread at Ksite. Depending on who your favourite character is a determination of what they think is right or wrong with the show.

I started to read several of the posts, until I saw that the people with the Chloe/Chlark/or Chlois icos gushed over Chloe's incredible rise in just a short time, as well as the "fabulous" chemistry between Chloe and Clark, and conversely dissed the Lois and Lana characters as vapid and ridiculous.

It's too childish to participate.

What's the point? It's not as though the producers are going to cater to the online majority anyway. And seriously, why would they?

rumpuso said:
I started to read several of the posts, until I saw that the people with the Chloe/Chlark/or Chlois icos gushed over Chloe's incredible rise in just a short time, as well as the "fabulous" chemistry between Chloe and Clark, and conversely dissed the Lois and Lana characters as vapid and ridiculous.

It's too childish to participate.

What's the point? It's not as though the producers are going to cater to the online majority anyway. And seriously, why would they?

The thing is they just cant cater for it, because its way too diverse.

I must admit I got sick of all the Lana and Lois hate, and for those that love Lana they just went way too over the top.

This story is really about CLARK and lex.

They should honestly close their eyes to all of us nutters on the net who obsess this much over a tv show and keep doing what they're doing. Smallville's creative team may have issues here and there with continuity and what have you, but they have quite a successful formula. Couple that with a wonderful cast, then voila! All is good. The general public vs. us online fans are way too different, and yes, diverse as you say. Can't please everyone all of the time. I think they do a bang up job the majority of the time anyway.

If they just keep it real and keep the story moving along, then the viewers will continue to stay put, as they have. (Yes, we'll still nitpick and complain, but that's our nature. :) )

rumpuso said:
They should honestly close their eyes to all of us nutters on the net who obsess this much over a tv show and keep doing what they're doing. Smallville's creative team may have issues here and there with continuity and what have you, but they have quite a successful formula. Couple that with a wonderful cast, then voila! All is good. The general public vs. us online fans are way too different, and yes, diverse as you say. Can't please everyone all of the time. I think they do a bang up job the majority of the time anyway.

If they just keep it real and keep the story moving along, then the viewers will continue to stay put, as they have. (Yes, we'll still nitpick and complain, but that's our nature. :) )

Bravo! :up:

rumpuso said:
Can I get an "ay-men?"

;)

avidreader said:
No, no, no, that's not what I meant at all. Let me try again.

Remember when Clark wanted to tell Pete about his secret and Clark's parents said you might be giving him a responsibility that he's not ready to take on yet.

Now that didnt imply that Pete would betray Clark and blurt out his secret to the next person that came along because he wouldnt and neither would Lana and she proved that she wouldnt by getting herself killed for it.

What I meant by responsibility was that the burden of keeping that secret isnt something that Lana is able to do at this point in time, because

a) She's not very good at hiding secrets and telling lies; and
b) She's too much in cahoots with Lex Luthor

Doesnt make her a bad person it just means that Lana's not ready yet.
yeah, I sort of knew that's not what you ment cause it's so OOC for you (they should write your character better ;):) )

still though, seems like responsibility is a bit wrong word for the context of things there..

what would be more accurate - something along lines like:
- too much of a burden for someone so much closer then a friend (Pete, Chloe),
- asking to blur all the lines between protecting someone and lying,
- too dangerous - considering her closeness to a friend who is morphing into evil,
something like that..

responsibility is imo a very different animal..
for some reason - it might work/apply better in explaining Pete's case, not sure why really..

ok, quick why - maybe because in Rush, it looked more like he was endangering Clark's secret way more then putting himself in trouble where someone would go after him..

does it make much sense? (nope)..
well, I guess not everything can be explained away..
that's why it is interesting.. :)

rumpuso said:

Great thoughts!:up: (And yes, no matter what, nit picking is out nature.):O

Plus I'm sure that DeKnight can sift through the actual comments that mean something, and the hate rubbish that many people are posting. I'm sure he was somewhat expecting some of that to happen.

BaK said:
yeah, I sort of knew that's not what you ment cause it's so OOC for you (they should write your character better ;):) )

Too funny! Well you know us girls always have our out of character moments, I'm just glad people dont refer to me as a pink princess. ;)

still though, seems like responsibility is a bit wrong word for the context of things there..

what would be more accurate - something along lines like:
- too much of a burden for someone so much closer then a friend (Pete, Chloe),
- asking to blur all the lines between protecting someone and lying,
- too dangerous - considering her closeness to a friend who is morphing into evil,
something like that..

Well where's my Walking Thesaurus when I need one. Burden is probably the word that I would have preferred to use. Thanks for that, I'll remember it next time.

Had to post this comment from Mr. DeKnight.

SteveDeKnight said:
You make an interesting case. But to me their relationship has seemed anything but forced. I actually like the way the characters (and actors) relate to each other. I'm particularly fascinated by how vulnerable Lex is when he's with Lana. It's almost as if she reignites the humanity remaining in his darkening heart. As for the villain winning, they seldom do in these kinds of mythological tales. But that doesnt mean they won't keep trying...
As for ruining Lana's character, I don't think this direction will accomplish that at all. Is she making a huge mistake? Possibly. Just like most people her age always seem to do when caught up in affairs of the heart (at least I did. But I'm weak. Weak!). On the other hand, if anything can pull Lex back from the brink, even briefly, it'll be love. And who better than the woman he's so obviously been pining for since early in the series?
That's my opinion on the whole Lex/Lana story. As for Clark breaking up with Lana, I don't think it was abrupt at all. After Reckoning, he started pulling back even more than he already had. The relationship was dying because of Clark, and Lana had been feeling it for a long time.
Will Clark and Lana get back together again? I think eventually that'd be a beautiful thing, even if they aren't destined to be together forever.

YAY! I was finally right about something.

SteveDeKnight said:
CLARK ISN'T SUPERMAN YET. AND HOW INTERESTING WOULD IT BE IF CLARK RAN AROUND ALL BY HIMSELF? NOT VERY, IN MY OPINION. AND AS FOR CHLOE AND THE DANGER OF KNOWING HIS SECRET, HE DIDN'T VOLUNTARILY TELL HER ABOUT HIS POWERS -- SHE FOUND OUT HERSELF. IS SHE IN DANGER BECAUSE OF IT? WELL, LIONEL AND LEX BOTH SEEM TO HAVE A KEEN INTEREST IN HER, SO YEAH, THE THREAT IS ALWAYS THERE. MAYBE WE'LL BRING THAT TO THE FOREFRONT NEXT SEASON. BUT WITH LANA, CLARK HAS THE CHOICE TO TELL HER AND ACCEPT SHE MAY BE IN DANGER. THAT'S A DIFFERENT ANIMAL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"