SteveDeKnight

Steve DeKnight said:
Flying is so incredibly expensive to do right. You'd still only see it once or twice a year. But it was damn cool, wasn't it?
Yeah, wicked cool! And a few times per season is FINE. Clark doesn't even talk about it, which is re-heeeely weird. He knows he could do it when he was Kal-El. We also know Clark is afraid of heights. But to not wonder about it is ... I dunno, weird. Also, flying doesn't have to be catching planes and missiles. I'd squeal just to see Clark hover - intentionally, and not during some dream sequence. I'd like to see Clark's reaction (a mixture of excitement and petrified horror) the first time it happens.

Steve DeKnight said:
If I'm around when the show raps up, I'll see what I can do. But my contract only extends through Season Six. After that, I'm kinda hoping to be ruining my own show.
Hee! Have you guys gotten the S6 order yet? 'Cause it sounds like you're already planning for a S7? LOL Rock on! ;) :up:

smsvmos said:
(1)Mr. Deknight Is Clark Kent ever goin to dawn the suit in Smallville?

(2)What do u think of Superman Returns?

(3) Has the new movie effected the writing and story of Smallville?

1.) He might pull on the suit at the very end, but not until.

2.) Looks beautiful. I'm going.

3.) Yes. The show has to in some way jive with the movie. For instance, Pa Kent is dead in the movie, so we couldn't just decide to kill Martha and let JK live in the series.

:supes:

I have one (myspace page).. but it's pretty pathetic.. I only have 4 friends! LOL..

But I do have a nice Supes picture and the Five for Fighting Supes song on it.

rumpuso said:
Hi there!

Who wrote the episode Vessel? And, how would you rate it based on previous Smallville season finales. I find myself skeptical that any finale could surpass Commencement. THAT was brilliant. But the buzz says that Vessel is the biggest finale yet. Without spoiling us too much, what are your thoughts? {We have so little spoilers to go on this year.)

Yeah, I agree. I don't know how they top Commencement but I am very eager to see them give it a good try. I've not been disappointed in a finale yet.

AgentPat said:
Hee! Have you guys gotten the S6 order yet? 'Cause it sounds like you're already planning for a S7? LOL Rock on! ;) :up:
I wish Smallville would get a renewal notice for 2 years rather than year by year...you know, like Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven have gotten in the past. I wish I wish I wish!

AgentPat said:
I'd squeal just to see Clark hover - intentionally, and not during some dream sequence.

We got that in the 100th Episode. While it was a bit more then hovering but it was intentional him doing what he did

Steve DeKnight said:
My confuser runs 24-7.

In college, my script writing prof pushed the scene card method and I can't seem to shake it... tried to once and it didn't go very well.

I wish Final Draft would let you type directly into the scene cards before you start actually writing the script... that would rule, but I think they'd have to make a major change to the UI for them to do that...

I mean, I've lost cards but I've rarely lost files.... backing up is so ingrained...

DEKNIGHT: That really irritated me when I saw Oracle. In the last script I read Clark and Lionel pose the same question, and come to the conclusion that Fine couldn't get close to Lionel. Whatever Jor-El did to Lionel, it disrupts Fine's systems. In effect, Lionel is a weapon against Fine. That's why Fine was using Clark to do his dirty work. But all that got cut somehow. And that made us writer types look bad. Hate when that happens.
I thought it was pretty clear that's what happened in Oracle, even without a big explanation, and I assumed thats why he needed Clark, because when Lionel touched him he went poof.

Serene said:
I have one (myspace page).. but it's pretty pathetic.. I only have 4 friends! LOL..

But I do have a nice Supes picture and the Five for Fighting Supes song on it.

Give me a link. I'll join. I just need to write down my username. :O

rumpuso said:
Hi there!

Who wrote the episode Vessel? And, how would you rate it based on previous Smallville season finales. I find myself skeptical that any finale could surpass Commencement. THAT was brilliant. But the buzz says that Vessel is the biggest finale yet. Without spoiling us too much, what are your thoughts? {We have so little spoilers to go on this year.)

Vessel was written by Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson. I honestly haven't seen it or read the final script (most of the writers were off on hiatus before it was locked down). But what I heard of it during the break was awesome. Very, very cool. I can't wait to see it.

...Myspace mystifies me...:o

I guess it wasn't meant to be...

Serene said:
I don't know if you'll get to this one.. it's okay if you don't, I think it's great that you're answering all that you are.. but I am wondering how often it is that you get up to Vancouver?

I assume that you mainly work out of L.A. but since the show is based in Vancouver do ever need to go there and be on set?
And do you get to party with the cast when you do? :D

(Okay, maybe that's just what *I* would do..) ;)

I'm only up in Vancouver when I direct or there's a *****in' party going on, like the 100th epsiode bash (Rosenbaum belting out a tune in an Elvis wig was priceless). Otherwise, they keep me chained to my desk.

Call the policccccce!

:supes:

Steve DeKnight said:
Don't give up! BKV is whuppin' my ass!

You having a friending contest?

No way you guys are going to beat Carson Daley... I think he has tens of thousands of friends but he pimped his account on his show.

Steve DeKnight said:
Don't give up! BKV is whuppin' my ass!
Gotta give you credit for opening up the doors for us onliners. Great scott! You must be bombarded with strange/interesting/obssesive people. Lots and lots of strange people.

rumpuso said:
Gotta give you credit for opening up the doors for us onliners. Great scott! You must be bombarded with strange/interesting/obssesive people. Lots and lots of strange people.

Aw, c'mon Rump.. are you implying that some of the fans are.. strange and obsessive?

Oh, wait.
:O ;)

Serene said:
Aw, c'mon Rump.. are you implying that some of the fans are.. strange and obsessive?

Oh, wait.
:O ;)
Now why on earth would I imply that (and exclude myself??) :)

rumpuso said:
Now why on earth would I imply that (and exclude myself??) :)
That's just part of why we luv ya.... :up:

triplet said:
You having a friending contest?

No way you guys are going to beat Carson Daley... I think he has tens of thousands of friends but he pimped his account on his show.

No way I'll ever be as popular as BKV. He is a god among men. But drop by my page anyway. I'm thinking about starting up a forum devoted to writing in television. If any of you are interested, I'll give you the inside scoop.

Plus I'll be handing out those tasty Smallville treats that I know you love!

Okay, gotta bolt. In true Hollywood fashion, the writer of Blue Crush is bringing her dogs over for a playdate with my puppy. How sick is that? One more MySpace plug:

http://www.myspace.com/stevendeknight

Hope to see you there. If not, I'll try to stop by SHH from time to time to rattle your collective cages.

Peace out,
DeKnight

:ghost:

Steve DeKnight said:
Hope to see you there. If not, I'll try to stop by SHH from time to time to rattle your collective cages.

Peace out,
DeKnight

Thanks for coming. :)

Steve DeKnight said:
No way I'll ever be as popular as BKV. He is a god among men. But drop by my page anyway. I'm thinking about starting up a forum devoted to writing in television. If any of you are interested, I'll give you the inside scoop.

Plus I'll be handing out those tasty Smallville treats that I know you love!

Okay, gotta bolt. In true Hollywood fashion, the writer of Blue Crush is bringing her dogs over for a playdate with my puppy. How sick is that? One more MySpace plug:

http://www.myspace.com/stevendeknight

Peace out,
DeKnight

I've been to your myspace, you even replied to a post or two of mine but I'm sure you've replied to so many you may not remember (I'm Cindy over there with an image of the three of us as four year olds as my icon.)

BTW: I'd be all over a good writing forum... So I'd join up.

Haven't found a good one that isn't filled with posers who post total bs for advice since project greenlight's forums closed down... (There were a lot of posers there as well, but I got some good advice there too unlike Joblo.com's forums or even done deal's....)

Thanks for playing, Steve...

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"