Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist thread

sweetre15

Positive Page
Reaction score
For some info on this series -

Here's a behind the scenes report:

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=6062

Here's info on the series' runtime: http://www.contentmediacorp.com/tv_digital/catalogue/street_fighter_assassins_fist.html

Here's the tentative release date: https://twitter.com/SFAFofficial/status/372669869114003456

Here's the cast list: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3069212/fullcredits#cast

For updates and pics of the characters go here: https://twitter.com/SFAFofficial and you can go on the Street Fighter:Assassin's Fist official facebook page where they keep you all updated.

Alternatively, you can use this site: http://www.streetfighteraf.com/news/

Later on I'll post pics of some of the characters but if the characters dont entirely look like their VG/anime counterparts in some of the pics it's because the show depicts them at different points in their lives due to how extensive of an origin series this is.

Last edited:
I guess I should be excited, but I have this uneasy feeling. I guess I'll wait for the some footage or till the first Episode airs, before I weigh in with my opinions.

Here's some pics

Akira Koeiyama as Gouken :

1010960_520204864727962_2031380109_n.jpg

Togo Igawa as Goutetsu:

1379601_520979237983858_1081338107_n.jpg

Gouken and kid Ryu:

1394222_521380664610382_908642800_n.jpg

Gaku Space as Teen/Early Adult Akuma:

P.S. for anyone wondering Joey Ansah will be playing the traditional Akuma just like he did in his "Legacy" short film from two summers ago

1385486_521510984597350_441473940_n.jpg

Goutetsu coming back from World War 2:

1377055_523636937718088_270033912_n.jpg

Shogen as Young Gouken:

1385796_525826710832444_272019310_n.jpg

Hyunri as Sayaka(first seen in SF Alpha:Generations OVA):

1377151_528029280612187_355971527_n.jpg

Looks great so far. As for Joey Ansah as Akuma, I hope they keep his face in heavy make up, and if possible, barely show it at all.

From the back he looks awesome. But from that front, that's a whole different story. Though it's possible that with the increased budget, they can do a better job with the prosthetics.

HkOhC3R.jpg

MUtct9m.jpg

Looks great so far. As for Joey Ansah as Akuma, I hope they keep his face in heavy make up, and if possible, barely show it at all.

From the back he looks awesome. But from that front, that's a whole different story. Though it's possible that with the increased budget, they can do a better job with the prosthetics.

HkOhC3R.jpg

MUtct9m.jpg

LOL yeah, if the set report is to be believed everything looks rather legit so I can only imagine it'll look better than that. Which is saying something.

New badass pic of Goutetetsu:

1382969_533915666690215_339522957_n.jpg

I can't stand that Joey is holding off on the Ken and Ryu pics lol. I'm itching to see them

Akuma's Shadow:

image-5.jpg

Shame only so many people seem to be interested in this series here...It's looking rather impressive

It IS looking pretty good so far. Love Akuma's shadow. That's how they should do it, keep him mostly in the dark. Never give us a good look at him. Make him that really ominous figure.

qkQ5HKi.jpg

It IS looking pretty good so far. Love Akuma's shadow. That's how they should do it, keep him mostly in the dark. Never give us a good look at him. Make him that really ominous figure.

qkQ5HKi.jpg

Agreed completely and I really love that pic you just posted.

It's a shame that we have to wait to get some adult/teen Ken and Ryu pics because I'm sure a lot of Street Fighter fans want to see what they look like already.

Street Fighter Assassin's Fist to be shown at the American Film Festival along with distribution news:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/first-look-at-goki-in-street-fighter-assassins-fist

Content has sold worldwide online rights for Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist to a major global online channel for a short first window. Other key territories snapped up for subsequent rights and windows include: UK, Australia, US, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Scandinavia (Funimation); German-speaking Europe and Benelux (Polyband); Central & Eastern Europe, Russia, Turkey, Middle East (Daro); Thailand (IPA Asia); Portugal (Lusomundo), and South Korea (Sonamu).

Content is handling worldwide sales on the film for all media, which marks fight choreographer Joey Ansah 's directorial debut. Joey Ansah (Snow White and the Huntsman) stars alongside Togo Igawa, Mike Moh, Christian Howard, Akira Koieyama, Gaku Space., Shôgen Hwang, Hyunri, Hal Yamanouchi, and Mark Killeen.

The faithful Japanese and English script, co-written by Joey Ansah and Christian Howard, is based on Capcom's worldwide blockbuster video game franchise Street Fighter. The martial arts live-action film follows the formative years of iconic characters Ryu and Ken, the last practitioners of the ancient fighting style known as 'Ansatsuken' (Assassin's Fist), living a traditional warrior's life in secluded Japan.

Producer, Jacqueline Quella said,

"Millions of fans of the game have been calling out for a true-to-the-game telling of the Street Fighter story. Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist gives them just that. We're already experiencing enormous interest from the fan-base."

Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist is produced by Assassin's Fist Limited (UK) in association with Lonely Rock Productions, Gloucester Place Films, Evropa Film and Capcom USA, Inc.

The film is currently in post production. Content will screen exclusive footage at the upcoming American Film Market next week.

Content's Jamie Carmichael said,

"We're tremendously excited to present this extraordinarily valuable property to our worldwide clients. Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist is breaking new ground with its aggressive distribution plan, and we've been thrilled to see that distributors have been fighting to get on board."

one day all of the cinematic sins of the past will be wipe away, and the properties sinned against will be redeemed. right now, its Street Fighters turn. :yay:

...on a die note, I REALLY want to give NXT Diva Bayley a hug, lol :yay:

This will be without a doubt, very very EPIC. :grin:

It's good that I have this to very much look forward to until the Assassin's Creed adaptation (the one with Michael Fassbender).

Interesting Tidbits from the SF:AF team on their FB page:

"It's a multi format series. It will make it's debut online, then will subsequently be VOD and on TV as commercial half hour shows. a full running feature cut may be made as well. This 'series' was shot with full theatrical production value, look and presentation in mind. So think of it as a chapterized epic movie."

And when asked about whether we'll see the AFM footage:

The footage is for buyers/distributors at the film market. Although it won't be too long till a teaser is released. In the meantime we'll try and keep the photo releases regular

So overall,

1. The series might get released to Blu-Ray/DVD as a threatical cut

2. A trailer should be coming in the near future

3. The show will also appear on TV at some point.

I would love it if they release this as a feature length film

I loved the universe in the Alpha series of games.

I loved the universe in the Alpha series of games.

You should definitely expect some elements of SF:Alpha in this series. So hopefully you stick around and support this series as well.

You should definitely expect some elements of SF:Alpha in this series. So hopefully you stick around and support this series as well.

Yeah. I also loved young Ryu and others. I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. For the record, I did kind of like the old Street Fighter Animated movie.

Yeah. I also loved young Ryu and others. I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. For the record, I did kind of like the old Street Fighter Animated movie.

Oh yeah I enjoyed that movie every time I watched it as well. You should also check out the UDON comics for Street Fighter as well become the stories are great.

I see. I liked the Alpha 2 and 3 plots stuff from the games so I guess I'll check out the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"