Suicide Songs: The Soundtrack for The Suicide Squad Movie

I need a slow-mo action sequence set to this...

[YT]4fWyzwo1xg0[/YT]
:ninja:

That should be playing while Joker is alone in his cell listening to his IPod and laughing his butt off reading Jonathon Swift's essay on eating Irish babies, only Joker takes it as pure comedy and not satire. JOKER: "Oh, Swifty... You were almost one of the greats! "

The section of the song starting at 3:10 or so would be cool for a trippy sequence or a part where Deadshot or Flagg feel all hope is lost on the mission as it spins out of control. GOLDEN EARRING'S TWILIGHT ZONE:[YT]HTTAPCUtbc8[/YT]

Slash's solo in this is epic (as always) and the themes of the song could fit the story of our anti-heroes. GUNS N ROSES CIVIL WAR:[YT]O1fHxPY3TJo[/YT]

The sample from COOL HAND LUKE in Civil War got me thinking... Why not have a nod there in the film to it? I could see this playing at the end when say, Boomer and Deadshot and whomever else survives get carted off BACK to prison, despite succeeding at the mission. Lalo Schifrin's theme from COOL HAND LUKE: [YT]f2cKAbqWMLg[/YT]

While not at all a fan of the character, I think that these songs would be a good match for scenes dealing with the "Romance" between Harley and Joker.

Rober Palmer sings BAD CASE OF LOVING YOU. Imagine Joker lip-syncing this to Doctor Quinzel to cheer her up after a bad meeting or a dressing down by Amanda Waller. [YT]7z9DwMKvqcc[/YT]

I could see this playing in a moment when Joker and Harley are under assault from either the Squad or other forces in what appears to be a Butch and Sundance style last stand, with our two love birds deciding to go out in a blaze of glory that's going to take everyone with them to hell. Joan Jett and Paul Westerberg's version of LET'S DO IT (LET'S FALL IN LOVE), originally featured in the TANK GIRL soundtrack:[YT]29gqDnlWI7Y[/YT]

I could see this as the track going on as Harley makes her decision to throw away her old life and embrace a new one with the Joker. Putting on her make up and suit and going through the halls of Belle Reve killing guards and staff to get to her "man". The band Jet, SHE'S A GENIUS:[YT]IVA799gKNzo[/YT]

It's not often that Rod Stewart leads you to Rage Against the Machine, but... Today was one of those days I guess. :woot:

So, I can see the Squad feeling like indentured servants or abused workers on some old moneyed plantation or farm. So THE FACES song MISS JUDY'S FARM came to mind. Much like in the song, the Squad is full of a lot of rebellion that is just not going to go anywhere. :woot::[YT]pf8D2lAeJGE[/YT]

In that same vein, though with a rougher, heavier sound is the cover of Bob Dylan's MAGGIE'S FARM by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.:[YT]Ti9t6EvI7UU[/YT]

Two more tracks by RATM which would fit well into an action scene with either the whole team or showcasing Deadshot or Flagg. GUERRILLA RADIO, and the band's cover of the Eric B. and Rahkim song MICROPHONE FIEND.

[YT]fYYd3Xy_Tto[/YT]

[YT]lPl8sT7qVdk[/YT]

How about this for the Joker as he gets dressed for a night "out on the town" with his girl Harley? Frank Sinatra's ALL I NEED IS THE GIRL:[YT]EdjzkjwYCnU[/YT]

Last edited:
Everything about this song has always said, "Super Villain Theme" for some reason. Cypress Hill, (Rock) Superstar:[YT]W4VpE-0zitU[/YT]

I could see this song being used in an action sequence or even a jailbreak, especially if the one leading the breakout is none other than the Joker. DJ Shadow, Organ Donor: [YT]U4E60Ffa9yQ[/YT]

What better song to sum up Joker and Harley's romance? Cake, Sick of You:[YT]mi9MLL8QOY0[/YT]

This one is kinda overplayed, but I can really see this one being in the trailers for Suicide Squad.

Kasabian - Club Foot

[YT]DeORT3ua2V4[/YT]

^ I was gonna suggest that. Good pic. Bumblebeee by Kasabian would fit well with Suicide Squad too.

Five Finger Death Punch: Bad Company
The Heavy: This ain't No Place For No Hero

Supposedly, going by Eh Maybe's costume "description", Digger Harkness is a Pantera fan. I would love some Pantera on the soundtrack.

Even though it would never happen, I would love for the Glitch Mob to create the soundtrack for the film, like Daft Punk did with Tron: Legacy. I would love for a 'Mob song to be on the soundtrack. Also, for the Joker, I'd love for one of Marilyn Manson's cuts from the Pale Emperor to be used for one of his scenes.

You know I'd be down for anything Glitch Mob.

Last edited:
If the Suicide Squad was made 10 years ago, this would've been on the trailer and the end credits.

Give me Beastie Boys as the main theme and I'll be set, especially the main theme used in the trailers
[YT]Tm9VB-iWkys[/YT]

This was used in John Wick and immediately screamed Suicide Squad to me, especially a scene building up to the final battle
[YT]qNjaCfmcQbA[/YT]

JOKER DANCING IN PRISON TO THIS! Would also be a nice American Psycho shout out lol
[YT]q9xNhcvZ6UI[/YT]

End credits
[YT]ZtQe3Mfb26U[/YT]

A song that might be cool as a little insight into the Joker's madness. The lyrics are a sort of a barbaric rationalization. And the music is great. It would be great in a scene where Joker's schemes are coming to fruition.

PEARL JAM's DO THE EVOLUTION:[YT]aDaOgu2CQtI[/YT]

I really hope David Ayer considers using this song for the film in some capacity.
[YT]RCRXobvs9_I[/YT]

I say New Metal. There should be some loud violent music accompanying these freaks.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0[/YT]

Last edited:
[YT]_7EQlfprV9E[/YT]

This one would make sense.

With the reveal of the Squad in all their glory for some reason this song keeps popping up in my mind. Either version would do.

Ballroom Blitz- The Sweet:[YT]r8pYpii2Atg[/YT]

Ballroom Blitz- Krokus:[YT]_fPjQZwhrOE[/YT]

Used already in the trailers for the Arkham games in conjunction with Catwoman, seeing Robbie as Harley, I could see this playing as she sashays down the street busting heads and gunning enemies down.

Likke Li- Get Some:[YT]-TTPGAy5H_E[/YT]

Blues Saraceno- Evil Ways:[YT]2DNwnJjN0zI[/YT]

I still think watching the Squad kick ass and blowing s**t up to the tune of "Sweet Caroline" would be pretty damn fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"