The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Keeping the skull/mask imagery from the first film's marketing was a smart move imo. Keep the franchise/IP name alive while still doing something distinct. it just subconsciously helps the film since people like continuations and continuity.

Some people seem to think this is separate from other films for some reason, but most who see that Margot Robbie is still HQ will immediately realize that it's the same world, just a different film.

So I guess we shouldn’t expect a large box office now that the option to watch it at home is available

I doubt any film will have big box office til 2022...

No film is gonna kill the box office for the next year or so. I keep seeing people bring up box office returns likely leaning towards the red/being disappointing as if the studios can do much about the situation, blaming them for it.

They're just supposed to sit on films for years? They're offering it to the masses where the masses are most comfortable. Yes, they'll lose money. Every studio is losing money right now.

No film is gonna kill the box office for the next year or so. I keep seeing people bring up box office returns likely leaning towards the red/being disappointing as if the studios can do much about the situation, blaming them for it.

They're just supposed to sit on films for years? They're offering it to the masses where the masses are most comfortable. Yes, they'll lose money. Every studio is losing money right now.
Yeah, no movie is going to earn billion at Box Office in 2021, as the year is full of big releases that will eat into each other's revenue even if COVID goes away completely around the world (which I don't see happening till end of 2021.)

There are some fans who still think that Black Widow or The Suicide Squad (had same day HBO Max release not happened) will make a billion at B.O, those fans need a reality check.

Bingo.

Yeah, no movie is going to earn billion at Box Office in 2021, as the year is full of big releases that will eat into each other's revenue even if COVID goes away completely around the world (which I don't see happening till end of 2021.)

There are some fans who still think that Black Widow or The Suicide Squad (had same day HBO Max release not happened) will make a billion at B.O, those fans need a reality check.

If Tenet, which was literally the only big release for like 3/4 of the year (and had at least a partially opened US) couldn't do well nothing next year will. In reality COVID probably just pushed up the needed contracting of the movie industry anyways. Things were getting too big and way too expensive. Budgets were out of control and big releases were coming out every few weeks. It was becoming unsustainable even with the expansion of the Asian markets. A downturn was going to come at some point...COVID exasperated that.

I love going to the movies, I pay for the AMC subscription so I can go 3 times per week. In truth though, amongst the people I know I am the rarity. My friends with kids almost never go because it is so expensive and such a hassle and the friends without kids just don't really care if they see most films in the theater or on their couch since they have big TVs with 4k and so on. unless it is something super special (like if Harry Potter comes out my gf wants to be there) it takes a lot of effort to get my friends to go. Best example: I am not what you would call a Spidey fan. Never been my thing. (Superman is my fave) My best friend has been collecting Spiderman comics for 30 years. (he got me reading comics when we met in my 20s) We go to midnight showings of movies all the time, including him taking me to see Spidey 2 and 3 back in the day. We always go together because we get massive joy out of seeing each other geek out. When Spiderman: Homecoming came out he refused to go. It took me 2 months to convince him to go even to a day show. I had no interest in the film really but part of my fandom of films and comics is being there with him watching him see his dream on screen and then talking about it after. We did...he thought it was fine and didn't really care to discuss it. It hurt my soul. (same thing happened with Avengers Endgame which I literally watched 5 movies just so I could drag him to that...though he enjoyed that much more thankfully)

I think the major studios turned what once was a cool event into something so homogenized and normal that it lost a lot of appeal for those that don't remember. I mean when I was younger you waited all winter and spring to see the big summer releases! Now there is a big release every 2 weeks. It just isnt the same.

Peacemaker
Eoo-ULdXMAI-0yb

EopD06xXEAMkqtN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"