Revenge of the Fallen Super Bowl Spot!

The audi r8 is sideswipe not barricade...
The one that Arcee is chasing is NOT barricade but sideswipe...

I thought the Bowl spot was absolutely awesome. I loved the first film and this one looks to be more of the same x1000, which is a great thing IMO. Transformers and Dark Knight really brought back memories of the huge summer movies that are just pure events....I love that kinda stuff.

Sideswipe is the Centennial Corvette not the R8.

Sideswipe is an Autobot. The R8 has red eyes, indicating he's most likely a Decepticon.

or that the R8 isnt being chased by them, they could all be running from Devastator

or maybe its the fact that the r8(decepticon) barricade???? is pushing through a building because he's running from arcee. i stand by my point that its arcee cuz the first bot you see chasing the r8 has two wheels. its a friggi bike>=( . my point is though is that decepticons are ruthless killers, as opposed to the autobots, which are trying to be peaceful. point in case, autobots dont barrell through buildings but decpeticons will cuz they have no regard for earth and its people. and that bot was clearly jumping through that building.think about it

Last edited:
Sideswipe is the Centennial Corvette not the R8.

Sideswipe is an Autobot. The R8 has red eyes, indicating he's most likely a Decepticon.

Reminds me of when I worked in a pet store. Woman wouldn't buy a hamster with red-tinged eyes because it had "devil eyes". :woot:

After some digging around, I found out that the R8 in the trailer is being chased by Arcee, the Twins, Wheels, Stinger and Ironhide. Apparently, it is part of the opening scene that takes place in Shanghai.

Last edited:
Man I really can't wait for this movie. I walked into the first one expecting nothing special, maybe even garbage. But, I walked out with my jaw dragging on the ground. This little teaser has my hype through the roof. I am so stoked to see more giant robots and more shots of them kicking the crap out of each other! That alone means it will be better than the first, for me at least. My biggest gripe was the lack of bot action, particularly the half-assed final battle, the biggest duel in the history of the universe between OP and Megs and 3/4 of it happens off screen? BS. I don't blame the makers of the film after learning it was budget constraints, but damn studio suits...I'm glad they let Bay off the leash with this one, from what it seems to be.

is anyone else thinking jazz gets revived as bad along with megatron?

After some digging around, I found out that the R8 in the trailer is being chased by Arcee, the Twins, Wheels, Stinger and Ironhide. Apparently, it is part of the opening scene that takes place in Shanghai.

Shanghai?!?! I know some of the film was going to take place in Egypt, but they're straight globetrottin' in this one, aren't they?!

GI-Joe is also called in by Lennox who turns out to be Duke's brother!!

and then right out of the blue, superman flies in and saves the day!

I mostly agree with much of what you're saying, although I still think there is a happy medium that Bay and the new TF designers have missed the mark on in several instances.

The Transformers are highly advanced alien robots made of alien metal and alien tech, so obviously their movie transformations can be detailed in particular ways that the toys and cartoon couldn't do. Even the toys of the new 2007 Transformers can't really capture the way they look or transform onscreen, partially due to some CGI "cheating", but also due to the amazing detail in the CGI, which is honestly very impressive.

That being said, there are a few elements in the designs of the "Bayformers" that could have been handled better, not only to perhaps slightly (just slightly more) capture the G1 feel, but also make the action scenes easier to follow. There's just too many insectoid, silvery, spiky robots crashing together in the 2007 movie, and it gets muddled at certain points due to these design issues.

However, I do agree that the 1980's Devastator design would NOT work onscreen in a live action movie. If for no other reason than that G1 Devastator cheated and had extra parts that appeared out of nowhere to make the combination work (the hands, hips and upper legs most notably). It is fun to look at "realistic" art versions of the G1 toys and cartoon characters, but they don't really fit the story requirement of advanced alien technology that provides a full range of movement for the robot modes.

I'll add another 'however" to that though, and say that the giant unicycle bot form does deviate too far from the traditional humanoid TF robots. And the design kinda looks goofy regardless.

I kinda agree that the Bayformers got too insect like.

I think the most faithful is Optimus (besides the mout and the flames). His design was almost perfect. Actutally I like the Autobots' designs over all.

I just didn't like the Decepticons have 'bug' faces.

and megs wasn't faithful to anything except maybe remnance of his voice

Agreed. My biggest gripe about the robots (mainly Decepts), is their faces and insect-like bodies. I honestly can't tell most of them apart in their robot modes when shown up close.

i mean..i think they are well animated but they are so busy looking.

Look at the picture with the Twins; they're crossing their arms but you can tell from the first glace.

I just noticed something about the last sequence....the signs on the bride before it gets towed is in a differant language...which could mean that part is being done in some other part in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"