Supergirl in a Supes solo movie or in the DCCU?

What about Saoirse Ronan? She's a pretty good actress from what I've seen and I think she has the look to play Supergirl.

What about Saoirse Ronan? She's a pretty good actress from what I've seen and I think she has the look to play Supergirl.

Hmm....I like the sound of that. And on Brooklyn, she did a good job playing the fish out of water character when she moved from Ireland to the States. Depending on how long a DCEU take on Supergirl will have been on Earth, I could see her giving a similar performance.

Huh, I kind of want to see that now. And she's only 22, so not even too old to look young compared to Kal-El.

Not sexy enough IMO. I like her (thought she was great in Hanna and Byzantium) but I don't see her as Supergirl.

Yeah I like the idea of sairose. She's very talented. It's hard to compete with Melissa benoist but I think she's worthy of the title

Not sexy enough IMO. I like her (thought she was great in Hanna and Byzantium) but I don't see her as Supergirl.

I'm not sure why Supergirl needs to be sexy though?

Yeah I like the idea of sairose. She's very talented. It's hard to compete with Melissa benoist but I think she's worthy of the title

Totally agree about Melissa, she is great in the role.

Meh on Benoist. She's far from the worst thing on that show but nothing she does has blown up my skirt.

It certainly won't be that hard to compete with Benoist. There is more than enough young talent.

I can't think of any costumed CB superheroine that isn't. Supergirl is certainly no exception.

Jesse Quick on The Flash?

dream-team-jesse-quick-teams-up-with-the-flash-via-the-cw.jpg

If I wanted to stretch, I'd throw Jessica Jones in there since she seems to only wear one outfit so often that it might as well be a costume, but more like she's just too lazy to expand her wardrobe.

I don't want to see Supergirl just yet, let Superman have a bit more focus first. But for MOS3? Sure, I'd love to see her.

I think it is unanimous that Supergirl we want her in a Superman solo film so here is hoping the DCEU introduce her and if they do and she is popular enough with the masses then they could spin her off into her own solo film

Imagine if they got Taylor swift for Supergirl

Honestly though the geek tears would be reason enough lol.

Nah I was just thinking that because she looked like her in injustice 2

I still want an honest to goodnesss SuperGIRL. There have been some amazing castings recently of young actressses, Brown on Stranger Things and Keene in Logan. Give me a Kara that's played by a bona fide teen. Stop this sexulizing of "The Maid Of Might". There is so much to mine from a kid having Superman level powers with Superman himself as a mentor. Plus, I think I would be a hell of a lot more forgiving about an "adorkable" actual teen Kara than a twenty something being like that.

I do say keep that in the DCEU for a MOS3.

Yes, I would like a proper teenage Supergirl for the movies.

Not really interested. Let's keep the focus Kal, or if you want to bring in another hero (I'm not opposed to that), make it someone other than Supergirl. I'm sorry, I just don't like the character.

I could do with seeing a true-teen Supergirl in the next MoS. I love Melissa Benoist, but the movies and the TV shows are entirely different universes, and I could handle watching both.

Yes, go with a true teen, but I don't know if you could do a 'Girl from Krypton' story in the MoS sequel. They'll be dealing with Clark coming back from the dead and all, and that's a lot of baggage right there. Unless they tied it together.

I know the prequel comic has Kara existing thousands of years before the current time, and it certainly has her as an older character rather than a teenager. They could throw that out though and simply go with her being a young teen when she left that open pod before Clark got there.

So she wonders for a year or two, which could put her at about fifteen and then be introduced into the story line with a version of the one from GoK. If the MoS sequel is going to deal with Kal-El coming back to life, then having him suddenly having to concentrate on mentoring the only other living Kryptonian that he knows about could actually help him by centering him onto a task.

Having written that though, they probably won't. Nor should we be wanting them to make the story too top heavy. Though I would love to see a cinematic return of Supergirl, I think it should wait until MoS 3.

Or Supergirl 1.

Supergirl being mentored by her cousin Kal El Superman makes sense just like her showing up in a Supes solo mskes sense because it opens her up to eventually have her own solo series eventually or even her showing up in a JL film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"