Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 11 - "Strange Visitor From Another Planet" MAJOR SPOILERS

Kara doesn't owe Winn a shot just because he likes her. That said, she needs to stop pinning after a taken guy and move on. Both characters need to get real and find people who are available emotionally , which is what Kara is hopefully going to try to. Winn needs to , and it looks like he will do the same. Problem solved:cwink:.

I loved the emotion from MM, and the tears from Alex. David and Chyler are fantastic.

Even if I had never seen any preview, I would have known that the alien was masquerading as the senator the moment Supergirl got to her, but that's because it's hard to fool an audience these days. We're expecting the twist.

But what really makes this episode so incredible for me is the aggressive way Kara stands up to Cat now! The writers did it so wonderfully! Kara's talking back to Cat and snapping her fingers in her face! But Kara's actions are coming from love and loyalty, not from anger, and she's doing it with a smile! For once, Kara schooled Cat! And Kara's obviously no longer afraid of the words "You're fired!" because Cat has said those words so often that they no longer have any effect. THIS IS BRILLIANT! :woot:

(In case it isn't obvious by now, I find Cat the most fascinating character, and her relationship with Kara the most fascinating relationship.)

I expected to see the center of discussion be on the awesome performance of David Harewood in the excellent MM storyline and the superb Mars flashbacks, his scenes in this ep with Alex and Kara were brilliant, all 3 were on point and the last scene where he said he'd be proud if they were his daughters was a lovely moment.

Instead I see all this Kara/Winn stuff. To me his actions in this ep were natural, he wasn't mean to Kara he just needs space which I think is understandable. All this stuff about him being short is bizarre, that's not the issue IMO, it's the same issue as Ray and Felicity on Arrow, them dating would be like dating yourself with different genitals, the saying opposites attract is so well worn for a reason.

Also how many leading men in these shows are paired with women who aren't considered conventional leading ladies? None, so why should it be different for the leading Lady of a show? Kara for her part has done nothing wrong, she's clearly naive when it comes to romantic stuff and doesn't see herself through the eyes the men that meet her do.

As for the Kara. Adam & Cat stuff, I thought it added another great layer to Cat and to her relationship with Kara, not sure about Blake though, purely as an actor he's a step or 3 behind the quality of the shows main cast IMO.

I also thought this was another great ep for showcasing how well Melissa separates Kara and Supergirl, when you look at her gentle awkwardness as Kara with Adam and Cat, and her strength and presence as Supergirl in the scenes with the Senator and J'onn. The common denominator is that while the approach is different, she gets things done as both.

The White Martian was awesome and I like the potential for an all out war down the line.

Well, call me "blown away" the initial ratings for last nights episode are 1.8/5 which could adjust up to 1.9 up against a HUGE showing for X-Files which garnered Fox its only 3.0 rating other than "Empire" and up against ABC's "The Bachelor". This is fantastic....and I am actually shocked, I was looking for somewhere around 1.5 - 1.6. "My bad...." :(

I loved the emotion from MM, and the tears from Alex. David and Chyler are fantastic.

Even if I had never seen any preview, I would have known that the alien was masquerading as the senator the moment Supergirl got to her, but that's because it's hard to fool an audience these days. We're expecting the twist.

But what really makes this episode so incredible for me is the aggressive way Kara stands up to Cat now! The writers did it so wonderfully! Kara's talking back to Cat and snapping her fingers in her face! But Kara's actions are coming from love and loyalty, not from anger, and she's doing it with a smile! For once, Kara schooled Cat! And Kara's obviously no longer afraid of the words "You're fired!" because Cat has said those words so often that they no longer have any effect. THIS IS BRILLIANT! :woot:

(In case it isn't obvious by now, I find Cat the most fascinating character, and her relationship with Kara the most fascinating relationship.)

I agree with the Cat/Kara relationship, I love that....I have a great relationship with my boss who is female as well, and though my boss is MUCH KINDER than Cat, the mentorship is there for sure. BUT....my favorite relationship is the sister relationship between Kara and Alex, that is so much fun to watch, and knowing that it goes with the two actresses playing the roles is very cool to know, and then watch in the series.

Fun Stuff!!!!!!

tumblr_o1jkgrJdNT1uvcgjlo1_500.gif

tumblr_o1jkgrJdNT1uvcgjlo2_500.gif

tumblr_o1jgk8pVwW1s9xlo1o2_540.gif

This stunning imagery really helped fuel the emotion in J'onn's story as he told Alex what happened, her subtle reactions of sympathy and sadness were beautifully played by Chyler, all round great stuff from the show.

That was one hell of an episode, the CGI for a TV show is very good. The Martians were very well done, I'm surprised they managed that on a television budget tbh.

The episode had a hell of a lot of emotion to it from start to finish from Cat & Adam to J'onn J'onnz & the devastating moments on Mars when his family and species were were eliminated.

I was also glad they kept the awkwardness between Winn and Kara to throughout the episide. Shows they are willing to take time with stuff and not rush it.

All in all a fantastic episode and by far the most emotion. I would put the episode slightly behind Human For A Day so I'd give it like an 8.7 but I voted a 9.

One final thing, I was sort if rolling my eyes at the Kara-Alex sit down with Ice Cream (sometimes pizza) moment as I think these are becoming like the Clark-Lana barn scenes on Smallville. However, they then showed us Kara watching Supergirl on TV and I was like oh hell yeah it's Bizarro(girl). Cannot wait for next week!

That was one hell of an episode, the CGI for a TV show is very good. The Martians were very well done, I'm surprised they managed that on a television budget tbh.

The episode had a hell of a lot of emotion to it from start to finish from Cat & Adam to J'onn J'onnz & the devastating moments on Mars when his family and species were were eliminated.

I was also glad they kept the awkwardness between Winn and Kara to throughout the episide. Shows they are willing to take time with stuff and not rush it.

All in all a fantastic episode and by far the most emotion. I would put the episode slightly behind Human For A Day so I'd give it like an 8.7 but I voted a 9.

One final thing, I was sort if rolling my eyes at the Kara-Alex sit down with Ice Cream (sometimes pizza) moment as I think these are becoming like the Clark-Lana barn scenes on Smallville. However, they then showed us Kara watching Supergirl on TV and I was like oh hell yeah it's Bizarro(girl). Cannot wait for next week!

Those are my favorite scenes, I love that dynamic, and the chemistry between the two is spot on.

I really felt this was J'onn Jones/Martian Manhunter episode and that was the strongest point for me, and Calista really brought it . Other than that, I really wasn't as impressed with the episode as everyone else was .

I liked it more than Childish Things, but Blake was too bland acting wise and the character left little to be desired. Kara and Alex were fine , but it was really a MM story for the most part with Kara and Alex in more supporting roles.

David Harewood was incredibly great in this episode. He deftly sold all of J'onn's emotions and made us feel enormous empathy for the character. Whether he was demonstrating J'onn's fear, guilt, rage, brokenheartedness, or gratitude, Harewood delivered a terrific, convincing performance every time he was onscreen.

I really felt this was J'onn Jones/Martian Manhunter episode and that was the strongest point for me, and Calista really brought it . Other than that, I really wasn't as impressed with the episode as everyone else was .

I liked it more than Childish Things, but Blake was too bland acting wise and the character left little to be desired. Kara and Alex were fine , but it was really a MM story for the most part with Kara and Alex in more supporting roles.

I don't know about Kara in a supporting role, maybe up until the last 10 minutes, and IMO she was the lead because if not for her one of two things would have happened...

1. Jonn was killed, allowing himself to be killed...
2. Jonn would have killed, going against all that he believes in as the Martian Manhunter...and losing a part of his core.

so, YES, this episode was definitely to give us Jonn's back story as last weeks was to give Winn's, but I think you needed all of the stories to build on each character more, and to me, THIS EPISODE showed that Kara is coming into her own and becoming a stronger force as Kara Danvers and as Supergirl.

If something had to be cut from the other storylines to give us more MM I would not have enjoyed the episode near as much. I think we got exactly what we needed as far as MM, and we got enough to grow the other characters.

Those are my favorite scenes, I love that dynamic, and the chemistry between the two is spot on.

They're fine they just need to hit over do them, becomes predictable.

They're fine they just need to hit over do them, becomes predictable.

To me that is a good predictable. Weekly TV night with the sis. I love their conversations, the humor is fantastic.

To me that is a good predictable. Weekly TV night with the sis. I love their conversations, the humor is fantastic.

Fair enough, like I said I'm fine asking as they don't over do it. If that's my minor nitpick a with the show then it's doing a hell of a lot right.

the supergirl/mm/white martian fight has to go down as some of the best cgi effects in tv history

Fair enough, like I said I'm fine asking as they don't over do it. If that's my minor nitpick a with the show then it's doing a hell of a lot right.

:)...

I don't know about Kara in a supporting role, maybe up until the last 10 minutes, and IMO she was the lead because if not for her one of two things would have happened...

1. Jonn was killed, allowing himself to be killed...
2. Jonn would have killed, going against all that he believes in as the Martian Manhunter...and losing a part of his core.

so, YES, this episode was definitely to give us Jonn's back story as last weeks was to give Winn's, but I think you needed all of the stories to build on each character more, and to me, THIS EPISODE showed that Kara is coming into her own and becoming a stronger force as Kara Danvers and as Supergirl.

If something had to be cut from the other storylines to give us more MM I would not have enjoyed the episode near as much. I think we got exactly what we needed as far as MM, and we got enough to grow the other characters.

I didn't really see this episode in particular as one in which Kara really came on as a stronger force than in previous episodes. Her role seemed to me to be more about setting things in motion with Cat and Hank/J'onn. That's why I use the term supporting, But that's just my perspective on it.

I didn't need to see the other cast members to have bigger roles for all much for me to like it more, though had Blake been a stronger actor and the character a bit more interesting, I would have liked the Cat and her son interactions more.

also, i'm so annoyed at the whole x-files thing, didn't they already have a ten yr run to address all their unfinished business, i hate when old crap/concepts get in the way of new shows and ideas. also, the scene at the end with the sisters was so cute and girly i wanted to eat them up like a bowl of ice cream, haha!

Loved that scene...

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"