Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 18 - "Worlds Finest" MAJOR SPOILERS

Supergirl and Flash are very good together and have excellent chemistry.

Overall, the plot seemed almost glossed over, probably because of the lack of time.

Also, I think the relationships on Supergirl have been mostly well written so the really weird Jimmy Olsen-Supergirl relationship makes me wonder if they borrowed writers from 'another superhero show'?

Supergirl and Flash are very good together and have excellent chemistry.

Overall, the plot seemed almost glossed over, probably because of the lack of time.

Also, I think the relationships on Supergirl have been mostly well written so the really weird Jimmy Olsen-Supergirl relationship makes me wonder if they borrowed writers from 'another superhero show'?

Well actually, Kreisberg and Berlanti wrote this one...I love those two guys and HATE, and I mean HATE being negative when it comes to these 2, but honestly I think it would have been better to have allowed the regular writers to write this one as well. I love Shukert's episodes, so I would have loved to see what she could have done with this....She is writing on the last two episodes so I'm really looking forward to those.

The one good thing from this episode was that he has left behind something lasting with the cops been able to lock up metahumans now.

Well actually, Kreisberg and Berlanti wrote this one...I love those two guys and HATE, and I mean HATE being negative when it comes to these 2, but honestly I think it would have been better to have allowed the regular writers to write this one as well. I love Shukert's episodes, so I would have loved to see what she could have done with this....She is writing on the last two episodes so I'm really looking forward to those.

Have to edit on this one, Shukert is not the main writer on the last 2 episodes... Yahlin Chang and Caitlin Parrish both I really like, and Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller on the final episode story by Ali Adler and Andrew Kreisberg....The writers on the finale also wrote "Falling" so with Ali in on the story, and those two writing I'm VERY EXCITED about the finale.

For a second I thought Kara made James forget with her kiss Superman style. I was about to say "wtf, she just went black and shes already going back.". :funny:

For a second I thought Kara made James forget with her kiss Superman style. I was about to say "wtf, she just went black and shes already going back.". :funny:

What's that supposed to mean? :huh:

Was there a documentary about this episode somewhere? I vaguely recall there was, but didn't watch at the time because the episode hadn't aired yet.

Um, there is a BTS of the filming on CBS.com but you have to be an All Access member to view it. I would imagine it will be on the DVD.

This was a great crossover. I was surprised how cheery Barry was being instead of his usual emo sulking lately on his own show.

I really enjoyed the chemistry between Melissa and Grant. They looked like they had a lot of fun off set as much as on. It was nice to see Barry get to know Winn and James.

One thing I didn't like was the whole "Barry is here subplot to make James jealous" thing. It was pretty obvious. I wanted James to realize his feelings naturally, he said he needed more time, it reminds me of Iris and Barry on the flash. I hate it when the writers use this trope to bring people together. Whatever happened to developing relationships anymore? I still love Mehcad and James so it annoyed me a little bit.

Another thing I would say on overall is Barry/Flash being underutilized. It was clear the writers wanted to cram Banshee's origin and other things in there but they could have had Barry more involved in the actual fight scenes, like you said above, it was glossed over.

I hope they do another to fix these holes, sucks about the continuity, better luck next time they plan for another one.

One thing I was surprised about was how ready Kara was ready to reveal her identity to the Flash. She just took off and ditched her clothes in his presence. She didn't know who he was. He could've been anyone and could've kidnapped her all the way out to the desert. At that point she didn't know whether he was a hero or villain, just because he seemingly saved her.

Maybe because she didn't have time to think, she had to get back to Cat Co. That was funny how fast the reveal was. But he did save her out of nowhere so maybe that made her trust him in that moment.

supergirl-the-flash-crossover-poster.jpg

This poster wasn't really all that accurate to the episode in the end, seeing as Chyler and Hank didn't even play at all. It should've had Lucy Lane in the poster instead really.

One thing I was surprised about was how ready Kara was ready to reveal her identity to the Flash. She just took off and ditched her clothes in his presence. She didn't know who he was. He could've been anyone and could've kidnapped her all the way out to the desert. At that point she didn't know whether he was a hero or villain, just because he seemingly saved her.

I think she was still disoriented from the scream and fall...

Greg and Andrew did a couple of interviews to promote "Worlds Finest" in which they said that "Flash Back" would provide contextual setup for Barry's trip to SG-Earth and explain why he was wearing the tachyon emitter, and yet none of that stuff happened.

It's bad form to promise something in a specific episode and then not deliver on said promise.

Having watched the Flash Back episode now, this is what I said in the other thread:

Spoilers for Flash Back if people haven't watched yet:

The article originally said it was in the April 5th episode. It wouldn't make any sense really for Flash Back to set up the Supergirl crossover, because throughout the episode, he hadn't learned to travel faster yet. How could he possibly end up on Supergirl's world either when he was time travelling to the past, or coming back from the past to the present? In the latter case, he hadn't even viewed the file that Thawne had given him yet.

So it makes more sense that they're going to attempt to cross universes in the next episode, which is where the set up might be. Now it may be that the April 5th episode has been pushed back if there isn't any next week, but it makes more sense for it to be there. Where could it possibly have fitted in during this episode? So the set up might in fact be 2 weeks after the crossover, instead of the day after or the week after.

Last edited:
Man, I so enjoyed Barry without having to rely on S.T.A.R. Labs. He tracked the villain down on his own. He build tech to cancel the villain's abilities down on his own. Now if he could have only defeated the villain properly. Wish this would have been a two parter. The whole thing went by way too quick. But it was great to see him and Supergirl work together. I hope there is another cross-over in the cards.

The episode had some nice effects. That's how you do a proper sonic scream. Not that weak sauce over at Arrow. And Silver Banshee also never did a stupid crouch, when she unleashed her scream.

well the thing I found most impressive is that with out Cisco there Barry becomes a tech genius . he made ear plug's to stop silver banshee made a program for the computers at the deo to track down live wire was willing to fix that ghost busters electrical device to capture live wire and he help the normal police department of national city to build a meta human holding cells for live wire and more like her possibly like ReActron and fix the tachyon emmiter harness device that he using to travel between earths , his self as well

so cause Cisco is there barry become lazy in science department on the show of the flash?? what?? ??

Not really, it was just a reference/pun to Smalville show. There is no continuity between SuperG and Smalville. There is no relationship between the two, like Flash and SuperG or Flash and The Flash from the 90'.
yeah the point is that cat just wanted to name the flash like she did super girl and say she made him who he is like she does with super girl in the show. and though the blur isn't bad code (it's cool one)name and what wally west himself should call him self if he ever has to stand in for barry and barry returns and take his name flash back , wally should use the Blur name.

Cause seriously I just see him repeated telling the public don't be calling kid. the brotha's 20 kid won't fit. especially with his personality he just be against it. the only that seem to fit was billy the kid who started as teen . but they forced thing's age wise with wally .

Having watched the Flash Back episode now, this is what I said in the other thread:

Spoilers for Flash Back if people haven't watched yet:

The article originally said it was in the April 5th episode. It wouldn't make any sense really for Flash Back to set up the Supergirl crossover, because throughout the episode, he hadn't learned to travel faster yet. How could he possibly end up on Supergirl's world either when he was time travelling to the past, or coming back from the past to the present? In the latter case, he hadn't even viewed the file that Thawne had given him yet.

So it makes more sense that they're going to attempt to cross universes in the next episode, which is where the set up might be. Now it may be that the April 5th episode has been pushed back if there isn't any next week, but it makes more sense for it to be there. Where could it possibly have fitted in during this episode? So the set up might in fact be 2 weeks after the crossover, instead of the day after or the week after.

Greg sent out a Tweet explicitly stating that the setup for "Worlds Finest" would be happening in last night's Flash episode, doubling down on what he and Andrew said in interviews, so the bottom line is that we didn't get what we were promised, which, again, is a problem.

Greg sent out a Tweet explicitly stating that the setup for "Worlds Finest" would be happening in last night's Flash episode, doubling down on what he and Andrew said in interviews, so the bottom line is that we didn't get what we were promised, which, again, is a problem.

Well maybe he spoke incorrectly and meant the episode after. If you've watched it yourself, where was there ever a point where the set up could be since he hasn't learned to travel faster yet? That's like asking for Silver Banshee to appear in Falling when she hadn't discovered her powers yet.

Well maybe he spoke incorrectly and meant the episode after. If you've watched it yourself, where was there ever a point where the set up could be since he hasn't learned to travel faster yet? That's like asking for Silver Banshee to appear in Falling when she hadn't discovered her powers yet.

He wasn't speaking incorrectly, which means that, for whatever reason, we were promised something that just wasn't delivered.

And, no, there wasn't anything in "Flash Back" that could even remotely be considered to be setup for "Worlds Finest", which, again, is the root of the problem.

"Flash Back" was inexplicably identified as being the episode to provide the contextual setup for "Worlds Finest", and it didn't.

Yeah...ticks me off, I've never made a mistake either. ;)

^ It wasn't a mistake; if it were, I'd be more forgiving.

The circumstances surrounding Barry's arrival on SG-Earth constitute a plothole that we were led to believe was going to be filled and yet wasn't, and we've got no explanation as to why it wasn't.

He wasn't speaking incorrectly, which means that, for whatever reason, we were promised something that just wasn't delivered.

And, no, there wasn't anything in "Flash Back" that could even remotely be considered to be setup for "Worlds Finest", which, again, is the root of the problem.

"Flash Back" was inexplicably identified as being the episode to provide the contextual setup for "Worlds Finest", and it didn't.

And if it turns out the set up is in fact in the next episode, then what will you have to say?

Before any tweets were made or any article was written saying it would be the April 5th episode, I already speculated that the set up couldn't possibly happen in Flash Back because that's where Barry is leaning how to go faster. Barry traveling to Kara's earth seems more to do with him actually trying to cross to Earth 2, not learning the secret of speed.

The tachyon device he wore on his chest is something that doesn't even seem to have been built yet.

So if there is a set up in the next episode, then it's not that they didn't deliver on that promise. It's that he spoke incorrectly and got the dates mixed up, or else parts of his tweet have been interpreted incorrectly.

like I said they don't make the schedules cause they don't own and run the cw. they make the shows. they goofed cause they don't know how the network schedule work and aren't in control of that. you'll just have to accept it and for give . if not now then some day . the point is it's passed and it'll be shown in the flash in a later episode.

I look it up and it seem zoom makes his way back to earth one which get's barry to chase him with the tachyon emitter chest harnes device on he 'll make the trip to earth 2 chasing zoom after the show down in star labs it seems. which leads to him ending on super girls earth. it's just aired later .

Last edited:
And if it turns out the set up is in fact in the next episode, then what will you have to say?

Before any tweets were made or any article was written saying it would be the April 5th episode, I already speculated that the set up couldn't possibly happen in Flash Back because that's where Barry is leaning how to go faster. Barry traveling to Kara's earth seems more to do with him actually trying to cross to Earth 2, not learning the secret of speed.

The tachyon device he wore on his chest is something that doesn't even seem to have been built yet.

So if there is a set up in the next episode, then it's not that they didn't deliver on that promise. It's that he spoke incorrectly and got the dates mixed up, or else parts of his tweet have been interpreted incorrectly.

Greg Berlanti is not a stupid man. He's not going to make two incorrect statements in a row, especially not the day of the big crossover event itself.

There's also zero ambiguity whatsoever in the Tweet he sent out.

We were given false information, for some reason, and it's a problem.

It also doesn't make sense for the setup for "Worlds Finest" to happen in an episode that won't even air until after Supergirl's first season has concluded, especially when Greg and Andrew were quite explicit in the way they spoke about the chronological story order of "Worlds Finest" in relation to what's happening over on The Flash.

You guys keep trying to create explanations for why we didn't get what we were promised when we were promised it, and I find said explanations to be incredibly hollow.

I also find it strange that I'm the only person actually sees this for the issue that it is.

Whatever, though; I'm beating a dead horse at this point, so I'm moving on.

JOOC, I can't be the only person out there who loved Livewire's "I HATE helicopters" line, can I?

I'm going to remember your post and remind you of it if indeed we do see the set up in a later episode of the Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"