Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trades (THR, Variety, Deadline) don't mess around. Managers, actors, agents, studio reps - they all play the BS game for their own PR agendas. The trades make it their business to cut through that and tell it like it is via their (very legit) long-term insider sources. If Cavill came out today with an Instagram video straight up saying he was still playing Superman, I wouldn't believe him if THR said not to, lol.

Remember at SDCC when Affleck came out and said he was definitely still playing Batman? Yeah. The trades have been calling BS on that all along. It's what they do.
This is why yesterday was a good day for a DC fan like me.
The report mentions a reboot of sorts going on, which I have been hoping for since I sat through BVS for the first and unfortunately not the last time.

This is why yesterday was a good day for a DC fan like me.
The report mentions a reboot of sorts going on, which I have been hoping for since I sat through BVS for the first and unfortunately not the last time.

You could always just not watch it again.

You could always just not watch it again.
I have seen it in its entirety only twice. I had to watch it the second time to see if I was being to hard on it. I wasn't. I have watched clips to see if some defending arguments brought up on this site held up, they didn't. I have no plans or desire to ever subject my eyeballs to it ever again.

I'm going to kick myself in the behind for taking the word of the Hollywood Reporter.

Why? They’re an incredibly trustworthy source that made a definitive statement. WB, Cavill, and Cavill’s manager responded with a whole lot of nothing. Cavill is out.

Along with Robin, I think Hawk and Dove at least look the part.

vz3utja0azsbiqlj4ol4.jpg

idekj7iinvw5yvzkqxs2.jpg

mbb5x5tr6n0fwrtc9pph.jpg

ob7earmldh6oksgdrx6d.jpg

Why? They’re an incredibly trustworthy source that made a definitive statement. WB, Cavill, and Cavill’s manager responded with a whole lot of nothing. Cavill is out.
I read their name and keep thinking of El Mayimbe.

The trades (THR, Variety, Deadline) don't mess around. Managers, actors, agents, studio reps - they all play the BS game for their own PR agendas. The trades make it their business to cut through that and tell it like it is via their (very legit) long-term insider sources. If Cavill came out today with an Instagram video straight up saying he was still playing Superman, I wouldn't believe him if THR said not to, lol.

Remember at SDCC when Affleck came out and said he was definitely still playing Batman? Yeah. The trades have been calling BS on that all along. It's what they do.

Very true.

Even IF Cavill was to stay on as Superman, his portrayal will always be stained by the snyder era of his portrayal. People would still feel the baggage of snyders horrible work

Maybe it's a PR ploy for him to get paid. However even if he stays, we aren't seeing a sequel until 2021 4 years after JL and 8 years after MOS.

Maybe it's a PR ploy for him to get paid. However even if he stays, we aren't seeing a sequel until 2021 4 years after JL and 8 years after MOS.

Pretty much, it seems like the plan was to make Superman the Hulk of the DCEU. Just stick him in other films and not his own solo. This all could be a ploy to get paid, I agree. But it feels like a Superman solo proper just is not a high priority for WB.

The article mentions that it was an unnamed source from within the studio that gave them their information. So unless Cavill and/or his manager are in cahoots with someone who works for the studio who likes Cavill enough to straight up lie to a reporter about the status of Cavill’s involvement within the DCEU, the idea that Cavill’s camp started this rumor as a negotition tactic seems a little far fetched.

And even if it is: it seems to have backfired. Most people seem rather indifferent to the news.

The article mentions that it was an unnamed source from within the studio that gave them their information. So unless Cavill and/or his manager are in cahoots with someone who works for the studio who likes Cavill enough to straight up lie to a reporter about the status of Cavill’s involvement within the DCEU, the idea that Cavill’s camp started this rumor as a negotition tactic seems a little far fetched.

And even if it is: it seems to have backfired. Most people seem rather indifferent to the news.

It generally goes that THR and the like have direct sources in the movie companies, and when they report something, it’s because those companies want it reported. WB wanted everyone to know Cavill was out. They wanted to get ahead of the fallout, and beat Cavill’s representation to the punch.
Maybe Garcia is trying to mend fences, but I’m pretty sure WB won’t budge now.

Pretty much, it seems like the plan was to make Superman the Hulk of the DCEU. Just stick him in other films and not his own solo. This all could be a ploy to get paid, I agree. But it feels like a Superman solo proper just is not a high priority for WB.

The only priority WB have is to make as much money as easily as possible.

Making a good Superman movie requires time, patience, and a lot of talent. They have none of those - hence why things are in such a mess.

They’re only talking about a Supergirl film because WW made money, not for story reasons.

None of this gets fixed until they have one creative person in control. They’ll just keep stumbling on, making one bad decision after another, because their permanently chasing the money, instead of the story.

Not to say they don't mistakes or that plans don't change, but these serious reporters aren't in the habit of just making things up.

This is the only thing that has piqued my interest about Titans.

Robin vs. Robin.

tv9temgnizj0hqwsjmm8.png

Eff Batman and don't eff Batman?

Eff Batman and don't eff Batman?

I swear if they get into a shouting match repeating these lines, I will pay and watch it. My laughter will sustain me for years.

I wonder if they have the same thoughts about Batman :o
Second Robin is the nice friendly mature guy, he won't go there, not when he's -and I'm just speculating here- new to the cowl.

Why are these conversations raising my interest in watching this show?

Yeah. It appears one of the gripes against Batman is that he replaced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"