Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though Venom would bomb and IMO it should have. I would say Morbius sounds like something not needed but I was wrong on Venom sooooo. You know Sony is going to throw Spidey in it now to some degree. Just thinking of Spidey now only belonging to this Sony spiderman universe really depresses me. The only bright spot is Spiderverse and I am not sure that can be duplicated.

The 'universe' approach is going to dilute the franchise.

Spiderman's universe is interesting sure... when Spiderman is at the center of it. I just don't think every single character under the sun needs to be the star of their own solo film.

I'd rather they just use the time and resources to make more Spiderman movies.

I though Venom would bomb and IMO it should have. I would say Morbius sounds like something not needed but I was wrong on Venom sooooo. You know Sony is going to throw Spidey in it now to some degree. Just thinking of Spidey now only belonging to this Sony spiderman universe really depresses me. The only bright spot is Spiderverse and I am not sure that can be duplicated.

I thought Venom wouldn't do as well but I had a feeling it'd be fine thanks to Tom Hardy. If any actor can put butts in seats in 2018 it's him, and with a massively popular IP like Venom it seemed like a safe bet. The legs on that movie blew my mind though.

I have way less confidence in Morbius. No one really knows who that character is and no one really likes Jared Leto.

You're right, I guess I shouldn't say "no one". But I don't think he's as much of a draw as Tom Hardy, or even 2016 Jared Leto.

Last edited:
You're right, I guess I shouldn't say "no one". But I don't think he's as much of a draw as Tom Hardy, or even 2016 Jared Leto.

Oh, definitely not. I don’t expect Morbius to be more than a modest hit at best.

I’m curious as to how Morbius will do, simply because it’s a vampire movie, and that market is strange. It goes through phases of being popular or whatever, and it’s been pretty quiet for the last few years.

Who knows, maybe Morbius could tap into something and cause a resurgence :hehe:

"Morbius: Resurgence" could totally work as a sequel title in a thrashy sort of way, which will probably be appropiate for the kind of film they are going to deliver.

Assuming it gets a sequel...

"Morbius: Resurgence" could totally work as a sequel title in a thrashy sort of way, which will probably be appropriate for the kind of film they are going to deliver.

Assuming it gets a sequel...
Oh god, I hope.

I’m curious as to how Morbius will do, simply because it’s a vampire movie, and that market is strange. It goes through phases of being popular or whatever, and it’s been pretty quiet for the last few years.

Every summer movie season, there's a couple of films that will underperform (or worse flop)... this Morbius film would probably one of them next year.

Eh, I am 50/50 on Morbius. If they keep the budget down to closer to $100 mil or less, then I can see Morbius making money. It wouldn't have to do much at that point to make a profit. I can see it getting somewhere around 200-300 mil, which would not be a bad result.

Avengers Tower will no longer exist in Spiderman’s NY.
Eh, I am 50/50 on Morbius. If they keep the budget down to closer to $100 mil or less, then I can see Morbius making money. It wouldn't have to do much at that point to make a profit. I can see it getting somewhere around 200-300 mil, which would not be a bad result.

Does a Vampire movie need to even be 100 Million though? This should have a Deadpool 1 budget.

Avengers Tower will no longer exist in Spiderman’s NY.

Does a Vampire movie need to even be 100 Million though? This should have a Deadpool 1 budget.

I think it could be done for much cheaper, and it very well might be. I just used $100 mil because I think that is what the cost will be on the high end.

The last attempt to introduce a vampire as an anti-hero in a cinematic connected universe flopped. I could see Morbius doing Dracula Untold numbers.

tumblr_pwn8mtE3qZ1xoyw8po1_1280.jpg

846913c75dca7d27c9edbbcd6b99ac63c0940328.jpg

de5e3113b2c8fb63799a0bc8f7eb738d500ff71c.jpg

If Morbius doesn't do trash quality wise, I'll be surprised. I'd also be surprised if it's a hit

The last attempt to introduce a vampire as an anti-hero in a cinematic connected universe flopped. I could see Morbius doing Dracula Untold numbers.
If Morbius doesn't do trash quality wise, I'll be surprised. I'd also be surprised if it's a hit
Dracula Untold is probably the best baseline as an estimate as of now. I mean that movie technically a decent success, 70mil budget with a WW gross of 217mil. Also had a RT score of 24%.

I’d say it should be able to make that number, but it comes out in freaking June. So I’m not expecting much.

Watch at D23 this weekend, Feige deflects all this Spidey talk by unveiling the MCU Fantastic Four. That’s my prediction.

I mean Disney still owns a lot of Spidey. Just not the film rights, correct?

I mean Disney still owns a lot of Spidey. Just not the film rights, correct?
Everything but film rights and TV rights for live-action or animated shows 45 minutes in length or longer.

There's also some sort of deal between Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando. Universal has Marvel Superhero Island and Disney World can't use the same characters. Not sure about the details though.

There's also some sort of deal between Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando. Universal has Marvel Superhero Island and Disney World can't use the same characters. Not sure about the details though.
Marvel sold the theme park rights back in the day. When Disney bought Marvel, they made a deal with Universal that they would honor the original deals, but only where they currently existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"