Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by flickchick85, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

The sheer amount of projects on Disney+ gives me so much hope and excitement for the future. There’s no excuse for us not to have Marvel Studios X-Factor, Marvel Studios X-Force, Marvel Studios Power Pack etc. in the years to come.

#9501 Shinobi Shaw, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

Finally Marvel decide to do something about Moon Knight property, hopefully it will stay close to source material.

3. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I hope... I REALLY HOPE. It would show they are going to do something with some more intensity and darker tones.

Micromind likes this.
  4. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

So, how many of these shows are *really* going to be produced by Feige? Because it seems there's a lot on his plate with Phase 4, their secret FF and X-Men, and potentially Spider-Man, assuming they work things out with Sony. I assume that at this point, he people he has been working with have learned the ropes and know how to work the MCU formula so he doesn't have to be too involved with the shows.

5. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I suspect, even before Phase 4, Feige gave different projects different amounts of attention.

Which, looking at Venom's credits, actually has sort of made me rethink the whole fight about Sony & Disney being about Executive Producer credit. I think it is because they don't have an option that is outside of Marvel anymore. You can't use Stan Lee's name anymore. So any required producer credit would have to come from Marvel.

I Am The Knight likes this.
  6. Timebomb

Timebomb Registered

Kit Harrington as Wolverine?

7. Blade Hoarder

Blade Hoarder Registered

As Iceman.

The first mutant to be in the MCU officially.

He is not an X-man yet. Iceman is his screen name on grindr,.

8. hafizbat

hafizbat Registered

One thing that's puzzling is that Moon Knight was announced as a D+ show...when the platform has been made explicitly clear as family-friendly and accessible for children.

I was under the assumption that the darker adult stuff was going to be on Hulu. With a character like Moon Knight, either D+ is actually able to get pretty dark, or Moon Knight is going to be watered down quite a bit.

Unfortunately the latter is a legitimate concern based off the MCU thus far. There's an excellent batch of characters that require a grittier adult tone, so it bears watching closely how the MCU handles Blade and Moon Knight.

9. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

I do hope they tonally take risks for characters like Blade and Moon Knight, and for the more horror-focused Doctor Strange sequel. The first Doctor Strange felt mostly like the safest movie besides a few token sequences.

I still don't know if I'm gonna be getting Disney+, I honestly don't have the time or interest to watch intensely much of anything these days. I don't foresee myself watching many, if any of the Disney+ Marvel shows, as 2 hours at a theater is an easier sell to me than 6-8 hours of multiple shows.

10. kguillou

kguillou Registered

Are some of these shows intended to be mini series? Otherwise thats an ambitious lot of programming that could be ongoing.

11. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

So far, it sounds like all the announced live-action Marvel shows will be 6 episodes.

kguillou likes this.
  12. kguillou

kguillou Registered

I actually love that idea. Short and sweet, no room for filler, just tell the story and get to the point. Plus, that also means bigger budgets for each show too.

13. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

If the trailer for The Mandalorian is any indication, I don't think Disney is going cheap on these streaming shows.

Flint Marko likes this.
  14. kguillou

kguillou Registered

So I’m watching a Collider video where where they’re talking about the whole Sony/ Marvel thing and two guys on the panel declared, very confidently and definitively due to their close sources, that Tom Holland DID in fact film a cameo for Venom and Disney told Sony to get rid of it. I mean, whoa. Has anyone else heard this?

I Am The Knight likes this.
  15. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I haven't heard that but I feel if it were true we would have heard that dropped in the flurry of rumors the past few days.

But who knows. If it's true it's something that will continue to pop up in other sources as the dust continues to settle on what actually happened. We're really in the dark here and I'm at a point where I'm regarding everything as BS until proven otherwise.

16. Ninjablade

Ninjablade Not as bad as it looks

Yeah 6 hour long episodes sounds perfect. That’s essentially a trilogy of movies to tell a singular story which is a good amount of time.

Flint Marko likes this.
  17. Timebomb

Timebomb Registered

Yeah I saw the same video and it seems that it was from multiple sources and I got the impression that they wanted it to be removed because the movie was bad. Which it was. I could see Disney not trusting Sony to make decent live action movies and wanting more say in what those films may look like if they are tied to the Spidey they created

18. m1ll3r

m1ll3r Failed experiment

Hmmmm. That’s an awful, awful lot of stuff Disney are announcing.

I know they’re the golden boys of Hollywood right now, but the larger your intended output, the greater the increase in the risk that quality control will suffer... potentially sending the whole thing collapsing in on itself.

I Am The Knight and kguillou like this.
  19. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

She-Hulk finally.

20. Timebomb

Timebomb Registered

I thought that Disney came out with some great Disney plus marvel news yesterday but today’s movie news was very lackluster. Hoping for something more

21. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

22. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

So it looks like I won't be caring much about the Marvel side of Disney+ for another couple years, as I'm far more interested in Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk than any of their initial shows coming up. But the Star Wars side's another story. That Mandalorian trailer has got me HYPED.

Sithborg and kguillou like this.
  23. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

That really is a pretty logo for BP2. Even if it’s not the final title.

24. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Registered

Check the front page. Spider-Nan’s officially out of the MCU.

I was hoping for a more creative title than BP2.

The Eternals look indistinguishable from the Asgardians. Yawn.

25. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

I'll of course still see them all, probably opening weekend because that's what I do, but I find myself not particularly caring about any of the upcoming Marvel movies. At least not 'til Captain Marvel 2 is announced. I just realized I was more hyped about the Moon Knight show than any of the announced movies on their slate, which was a strange feeling with regards to the MCU.

Sithborg likes this.