Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize how close together Batman and Spider-Man are. Personally, I hope Spider-Man does better just to see poster superherro's head explode.

With the cast they hired for Batman, I can tell you only one of those two will be getting my money, lol

I didn't realize how close together Batman and Spider-Man are. Personally, I hope Spider-Man does better just to see poster superherro's head explode.
Going by the current trajectory of things, I assume things will go the way you hope they would.

The Batman and WW84 are currently the only CBM’s I’m hyped for. I’ll get hyped for Love & Thunder at some point, I’m sure, but that’s about it on the Marvel movie side ‘til a Captain Marvel sequel comes around.

I don’t think think the Flash is going to happen(at least with Ezra Miller). That’s more of a, “I’ll believe it when I see it” movie than a movie I’m 100% confident will ever happen.

Last edited:
Meh, Spider-Man will probably do better because it's riding off two well-received movies and has the MCU behind it. While The Batman is a brand new take that has to win back some of the audience after the last iteration.

The roles are actually going to be reversed now compared to the last time a Spidey and Batman released in the same month.

Meh, Spider-Man will probably do better because it's riding off two well-received movies and has the MCU behind it. While The Batman is a brand new take that has to win back some of the audience after the last iteration.

The roles are actually going to be reversed now compared to the last time a Spidey and Batman released in the same month.
This time, I will only enjoy one of them.

Doctor Strange was my least-favorite of all of Marvel’s origins, so nope, can’t muster any hype for that one either.
The cape was fun.

I don't particularly need Cumberbatch's off brand Tony Stark after I've had a good bye to the original.

Well part of letting him go crazy is, I hope, separating the two more, push Strange to be more... ahem... strange
He was great in IW, and he didn't come off nearly as Stark-ish in that one, imo

Yeah, No love for Strange 2? That's probably my top
Hoping they let Derrickson go really crazy this time, and Wanda's involvement has me hyped

Crossovers are my jam. Strange is higher on my list because Wanda will be in it.

But I love all the Thor and Guardians interactions in IW & EG.

I don't care about MCU Spider-Man, Thor, or Doctor Strange, and Flash, Shang Chi, and Black Adam are question marks for me, so The Batman and Suicide Squad are what stand out for me there. 2020 is looking more eventful with Black Widow/Wonder Woman/Birds of Prey.

What? May I ask what do you have against Gunn? Not a fan of his work, I take it?
Nope. His brands of both humor and sentiment come across as very try-hard to me. And don’t get me started on his handling of female characters (not just in GotG). I was very much looking forward to seeing these characters in someone else’s hands, but then they hired him back. Oh well. While I’m sure I’ll see GotG3 because I can’t say no to space adventure, I’m not remotely looking forward to it, and SS2 might actually be the first CBM in a long time that I just I skip in theaters altogether.

Actually I hope Batman and SS are not reboot-origins. Don't need to see the Waynes shot again. However, I don't see how you can do another SS without another montage of who they get and why......

The shows, especially Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, and the early Netflix stuff, were clearly and repeatedly referenced as being connected to the MCU. They had references, they had actors coming from the films, it was literally the main marketing push for the early shows. Whether or not they were reflected in the films is pretty damn irrelevant when we were told over and over they were connected. This isn't a one-sided fake high school relationship. It's a company promoting one of their products being connected to another of their products, regardless of Feige's personal feelings about Perl-nutter.

After a while, yes, we all got the feeling that they weren't as connected as promoted, which was a damn shame and made many fans feel like they had been lied to. But even then, we were getting excuses about "how hard it is to line up production schedules" and still teasing that it may happen at some point. So by making this statement that "for the first time" they'll be connected, confirms that Marvel systematically lied to its fans to boost the ratings of an unrelated TV project.

Then, like you say, we come to the actors. Some got implicit promises that they might one day make the jump. But every actor, especially the Netflix characters, did amazing work with their characters, way better than anything DCTV is putting out. So what he said is a subtle dig, yes, and he never said the actors did a bad job; he still threw shade though, and devalued the projects these people worked on for many years. And if they choose to recast any of these characters for the "Real MCU TV" it will be the final slap in the face.

I'm not saying Feige was all "f**k these people those shows sucked", but he still devalues their work, and fans patience. And it shows that Marvel was acting deceptively, primarily the film studio, as they are the ones who let fans believe in the interconnected nature of it while knowing in their heads "yeah we're never gunna touch that stuff"

The signs were on the wall for us to see, but its still kinda crap that he now admits this was always how it was gunna be.
Was it handled poorly by everyone? Sure
Would it have been cool if everything would'ven connected from jump? Yes.
Is anything Feige done showing him devaluing someone's work? No
This just reads of fanboy entitlement.
The shows weren't part of Feige's plan. The shows were forced on him and they didn't fit with how he sees/saw the MCU growing. He's not disrespectful or s***y for not wanted to include stuff that's not in his plan and was forced on him.

Look it: we see how Feige makes films. He doesn't make super dark and gritty things like the Netflix Marvel shows and he doesn't make cheap stuff like AoS. So why would anyone expect to continue or connect to the shows?

And It's not an insult to anyone if he recast Daredevil, Jessica Jones, how is it at all? Especially when the right issues makes it much easier to recast rather than bringing them back. Especially after the probable 5 year wait for those characters to even come back. That's just ridiculous.

Just because you don't like it means that Feige is disrespectful to anyone. That's so silly to me. That someone comes out, with no malice or shade in their voice, doesn't do anything devious or underhanded and still gets called disrespectful for no reason

ANd the shows and movies were never connected. It was always one sided. If you have 2 islands and a bridge only rests on one of the islands, do you consider them connected? If I go aroiund telling everyone I know J.Lo, but she doesn't acknowledge I exist? Are we connected? It was always a one sided love affair and it's not Feige's fault when he wasn't the one hyping it up.

Last edited:
I don't particularly need Cumberbatch's off brand Tony Stark after I've had a good bye to the original.

Eh, I think that's way overblown. I wonder how much the similar goatees has to do with it.

With like 2 dozen heroes, the MCU is going to have some overlapping personalities. Not to mention they're both rich, privileged geniuses who are at the tippy top of their respective fields.

While Strange was kinda sorta like Tony in his origin, I think his characterization was far better in IW. He came off the way Dr. Strange should - the guy in the room who always knows what needs to be done. I felt a kind of security whenever Strange was on screen. Kinda like Gandalf.

I'm not exactly excited for Strange 2, but that's because the MCU as a whole is losing the magic for me, not because Strange is kinda sorta like Tony.

That would be like saying I'm not excited for Black Panther because T'Challa is an off brand Cap or Batman.

Now, if you really wanna see the MCU squeeze all they can out of the Stark brand, look at FFH lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"