• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say he was done. I said we are officially moving on. As in, we are finally getting non-Snyderverse Superman movie content. That’s all I’ve wanted for years now. Forward motion.

Yes, we are getting that, lol. I am curious to see how this all goes down myself.

Yes, we are getting that, lol. I am curious to see how this all goes down myself.
Same here. I want to say I'm optimistic and looking forward to it, but I'm more curious.

Side note: Is it alright to make the request of using a different color for Ant-Man movies in your signature? I can't read those without highlighting your signature.

Man, I can’t wait for people to demand detailed reasons why an Alien from another solar system looks African. When he should obviously look white European.

This is going to be Starfire/Anna Diop times a million once this project really gets cooking. I just love watching the shockwaves.

Nah man it was 50/50. People mad about her being dressed like a hooker and people mad about her being black when she’s a whole orange alien.

I remember that vividly.
I believe you, I just don't remember it.

And now I don't want to think of the backlash that probably happened after Zoe Saldana was cast as Gamora, or the potential backlash of casting a black Mystique who stays in her make-up unless disguised as another actor/actress.

I remember the mockery of Starfire's outfit a lot more than the backlash against her casting.
It was her costume and lack of looking like Starfire. Which I get but doesn't excuse the nonsense
When she was cast back in 2017 there was little or nothing by the way of backlash similar to how there was little to none (at least in terms of race) when Saldana was cast as Gamora or Bautista as Drax because you know they actually made them look like their respective characters. It wasn't until like April 2018 (Titans' Anna Diop Facing Harassment On Social Media Over Starfire Casting)
her costume was revealed and it looked like trash and she wasn't orange did the nonsense start

She didn't deserve any of that. It was stupid that they didn't just give Starfire her classic orange skin and show her personality . Even more so it was stupid putting her in that weird outfit for her first look. But no way did she deserved getting abused like that. But it's unfortunately not surprising. And it's even not as surprising that Beast Boy and him not being green doesn't seem to get nearly as much crap despite also being a POC

Last edited:
Oh yes, I almost forgot about the loving welcome Halle Bailey got when she was cast as live action Ariel. Another bright spot on the internet.

It’s just baffling to me, that after all this time and living in this era where everyone goes around saying “Black Lives Matter”, all that goes out the window once you start putting black people in prominent Hollywood roles.

Shows how far we still have to go.

The funniest thing about the little mermaid episode was that somebody actually went to the Denmark subreddit to ask them about how they feel about their precious culture being erased.

the Denmark subreddit told him to F off. And correctly pointed out that the Disney animated version already butchered their story. Told him to take his race baiting bs elsewhere.

It was abjectly hilarious.

I think people need to stop giving trolls the attention and latching onto what they say because that's how they get what they want.

These trolls aren't new but the more there are so many articles written about them and people claiming "I can't wait to see them get mad" it feeds them into what they want and legitimizes them. They know now they can get in the mainstream news and really get under people's skin.

I also think there are 2 things being described.

Again there's people saying this character has traditionally been _____ race or had _____ look and people want filmmakers to stick to that. We fanboys do that all of them time. And that's not necessarily wrong or racist just like it doesn't make you necessarily less racist to be fine with diversity in Hollywood. I mean how many people do we see say things like "Black Lives Matter" or "MeToo" or call for diversity and it's revealed that they're part of the problem.

Then there are things like there should be no minorities or women in prominent roles. That weirdo point of view. I personally honestly see happen more to women than race stuff like Gears of War, Call of Duty, Star Wars sequel trilogy. But obviously they go for whoever isn't a straight white guy

is Dean Cain considered as Japanese American? he got Japanese family name (his real name is Dean George Tanaka) and Japanese grandfather. if so then he is the first POC Superman.

I also think there are 2 things being described.

Again there's people saying this character has traditionally been _____ race or had _____ look and people want filmmakers to stick to that. We fanboys do that all of them time. And that's not necessarily wrong or racist just like it doesn't make you necessarily less racist to be fine with diversity in Hollywood. I mean how many people do we see say things like "Black Lives Matter" or "MeToo" or call for diversity and it's revealed that they're part of the problem.

Then there are things like there should be no minorities or women in prominent roles. That weirdo point of view. I personally honestly see happen more to women than race stuff like Gears of War, Call of Duty, Star Wars sequel trilogy. But obviously they go for whoever isn't a straight white guy

And yet, they help power one of the two major political parties in the US.

Oh yes, I almost forgot about the loving welcome Halle Bailey got when she was cast as live action Ariel. Another bright spot on the internet.
Isn't she too old for....

I thought I was looking at the name of "Toad get struck by lightning" Storm, not someone entirely different.
is Dean Cain considered as Japanese American? he got Japanese family name (his real name is Dean George Tanaka) and Japanese grandfather. if so then he is the first POC Superman.
I think that is too hard to notice it flies over heads.

If they ever do cast a Black Batman, the most unrealistic thing in the movie would be him managing to get through the night in one piece after patrolling the city with all these trigger-happy cops out on the streets. :o
How would they really know he's black?

And it's even not as surprising that Beast Boy and him not being green doesn't seem to get nearly as much crap despite also being a POC
I actually think that's less noticeable, as a whole, and helps that green is a more abnormal color than orange could be for a Starfire actress. I personally wasn't for casting that I thought would be harder, to me, to make orange makeup work. But also, at least Beast Boy has green hair. Honestly, I'm fine moreso with the newer looks for Starfire. Still not my preferred casting, but I don't see much to stress about.

Haha I never knew that.

That's cool. Too bad Dean Cain is a scumbag

How about none?

giphy.gif

I didn’t say he was done. I said we are officially moving on. As in, we are finally getting non-Snyderverse Superman movie content. That’s all I’ve wanted for years now. Forward motion.

I have mixed feelings. I think it's a bit of a shame that Cavill never got the chance to fully show what he could do---maybe he couldn't have been better than he was, but I don't feel like we ever fully got the chance to judge---but at the same time I am so over Snyder's grimdark edgelord filmmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"