• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
de8431562dadd13402b37cd6b78031fd.gif

Last edited:
Just finished binge watching WV in time for the finale

They better not use that drab ass title for the MCU X-Men. I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

Lord knows I’ve been waiting forever to see Marvel’s Uncanny X-Men.

Snyder’s original plans for Justice League part 2 are wild...

Apparently Bruce Wayne and Lois Lane bang and end up having a kid in Snyder’s original JL plans. :eek:

Here’s the outlines

Last edited:
They better not use that drab ass title for the MCU X-Men. I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

Lord knows I’ve been waiting forever to see Marvel’s Uncanny X-Men.
I'd really hope they do more about Mystique. Like what's her story?

The first half of Snyder's JL2 sounds like nothing happens. It's as if you took beats from random portions of several films and cobbled them together for a movie. There's so much going on, but not a lot seems to actually be happening.

Which, reading it out sounds like it would work better in comic form than movie form.

Snyder’s original plans for Justice League part 2 are wild...

Apparently Bruce Wayne and Lois Lane bang and end up having a kid in Snyder’s original JL plans. :eek:

Here’s the outlines

Big, fat no to Lois and Bruce getting together and having a son and a slightly smaller, but equally emphatic no to a universe that began with Superman as the centerpiece of it ending with Bat-wank.

The rest of the outline I could see being brought to life in an epic way - but only with another creative team at the helm.

Looks like time for me to start avoiding threads.

Big, fat no to Lois and Bruce getting together and having a son and a slightly smaller, but equally emphatic no to a universe that began with Superman as the centerpiece of it ending with Bat-wank.

The rest of the outline I could see being brought to life in an epic way - but only with another creative team at the helm.

That will always be the end result of a shared DC universe. The bat brings the money. Similar to how we are going to be seeing villains born out of hate for Tony Stark for another decade.

Billionaire superhero making the ultimate sacrifice to save the world from a intergalactic alien tyrant leaving behind a child with the love of his life sounds eerily familiar. I wonder where I’ve seen it before. The similarities between this and another certain movie are quite...Stark.

Seems fitting though. DC treats everybody not named Batman like red headed step children

Damn I really thought WandaVision had one more episode beyond todays.

Oh well, been a fun ride. Gonna have to avoid twitter and the Hype for the next day or so before I can finally watch it to skip out on spoilers.

Gotta admit that as much as I'm enjoying it, it's not a slam dunk quite yet. I might still just be adjusting to the episodic format but outside of a few key moments, I'm not sure it has the rewatchability factor that other MCU outings have had for me.

Like I said, really enjoying it, but outside of how it connects to the larger universe and moves the story forward, I don't have a ton to say beyond how pitch-perfect Kathryn Hahn is. She's crushing it and I hope we get more Agatha in the future

That will always be the end result of a shared DC universe. The bat brings the money. Similar to how we are going to be seeing villains born out of hate for Tony Stark for another decade.
I really don't want to see anymore evil businessman selling technology or weapons from Marvel besides AIM. I don't mind if they bring back villains like Hammer for Armor Wars but I don't want anymore new foes like that as
I think it got stale.

Yet Aquaman is the highest grossing DC Film lol, but I know what you mean as Batman is proven to be more consistent

Just watched the last episode of Wandavision. Damn. I guess we are basically watching movies on our TVs now, huh?

the biggest trend of the next 20 years is gonna be a blurring of what’s a movie and what’s television.

[gets ready to punch the next director who calls their mini series an "x long movie"]

Just watched the last episode of Wandavision. Damn. I guess we are basically watching movies on our TVs now, huh?

the biggest trend of the next 20 years is gonna be a blurring of what’s a movie and what’s television.
For me, TV has felt like that since The Sopranos (in terms of storytelling), Breaking Bad (storytelling and how it was filmed) and Game of Thrones (visual effects). A lot of the big battle scenes in the later seasons of GOT felt like they were right out of a big Hollywood blockbuster.

Yeah TV has been 'film quality' for some time, but the scope and visuals are really picking up now. Some crazy stuff ahead. I wonder what that amazon Lord of the Rings series will look like.

For me, TV has felt like that since The Sopranos (in terms of storytelling), Breaking Bad (storytelling and how it was filmed) and Game of Thrones (visual effects). A lot of the big battle scenes in the later seasons of GOT felt like they were right out of a big Hollywood blockbuster.

while GOT was impressive, you could tell where they took shortcuts. The Disney plus shows seems to be attaining a new level of production quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"