• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emilia Clarke toting big guns is the most adorable thing ever. I don't see a bright future for her down that particular path. She seems to have a good sense of humour though so I could see her doing something in the MCU.
She's going to be in Secret Invasion. I think she could have made a good Sue Storm too

A little surprised by Agent Carter but not at all about Shield. Pretty sure it's the same thing on disney plus in the U.S.

I know that AOS took a lot of turns that made its timeline in relation to the greater MCU questionable after the first couple of seasons, but why not treat Agent Carter as canon? Especially since they brought back Jarvis in a cameo for Endgame.

Agent Carter is still me favorite Marvel show. Hailey Atwell's a treasure. :hrt:

While the idea of a 30s/40s Superman (not that they specified that) is interesting to me, and while I'm open to a black version, I don't know that I would have mixed the two. Him being black back in the day would define him so much in society that it couldn't help but be about that, and that means another version who gets a mixed (at best) response from society.

theres always bound to be a thor 2 and an iron man 3, but they've mostly avoided that the last few years. Its been quite a run.

Honestly, most franchises would *love* if their "failures" were as bad as Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. And I specifically include Star Wars in that list, its not just other studios.

I know they have it. They just largely have not been using it

Being fair to them, a whole lot of the old EU was utter crap, especially the post-ROTJ era. Sure, Sturgeon's Law, but one would expect the movies to not use most of the EU. Tragically they just happened to decide to invent their own new and innovative crap ( mostly as an artifact of *not actually having a story plan to start!* ).

She's going to be in Secret Invasion. I think she could have made a good Sue Storm too

A little surprised by Agent Carter but not at all about Shield. Pretty sure it's the same thing on disney plus in the U.S.
Agents of SHIELD doesn't look to be on Disney+ in the U.S. yet (I believe it's still on Netflix in the U.S. so they may be waiting/have to wait for that contract/agreement to runout before it shows up on the U.S. Disney+). As for Agent Carter, in the Marvel subsection, it's listed in the "marvel live action series & specials" of Disney+ (along with WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Inhumans, Runaways and other things like the 75 years from Pulp to Pop special and the Assembled behind the scenes series that they're doing after the new series finish airing their season). The Marvel Legacy section on the U.S. Disney+ right now is specifically "Marvel Legacy Movies" (so some of the X-Men movies and some of the Fantastic 4 movies)

While the idea of a 30s/40s Superman (not that they specified that) is interesting to me, and while I'm open to a black version, I don't know that I would have mixed the two. Him being black back in the day would define him so much in society that it couldn't help but be about that, and that means another version who gets a mixed (at best) response from society.

I have some bad news about that...

Honestly, most franchises would *love* if their "failures" were as bad as Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. And I specifically include Star Wars in that list, its not just other studios.
The MCU can afford it because it has so many films and any that fall below average don't impact as much as they would in a trilogy. This is one of the reasons though why the Iron Man and Thor trilogies within the MCU won't themselves be considered great even when the overall premise of the MCU is. Luckily the bar has been raised since and most of the films that have been coming out in the last few years have been good or better. I was aghast when I heard some GA guys talking about thinking Venom was rubbish and that it was part of the MCU, but they concluded that it didn't really matter as the MCU had already proven itself over a long time and large number of films. Obviously if a long-established franchise then goes on to have 3 duff films in a row, people's long-held opinions can again change.

Part of me wishes they went younger for Blade like Y'lan Noel. But we'll see how that movie plays out.

I’m just holding out hope that Blade is Rated R. We already got it coming with MCU Deadpool, give Blade all the gore and vampire violence.

I’m just holding out hope that Blade is Rated R. We already got it coming with MCU Deadpool, give Blade all the gore and vampire violence.

Feige has made it clear that Deadpool is going to be the only R-rated MCU character and that Blade will be PG-13.

I have some bad news about that...

To put this in perspective, on the TV show 24 there was a black president, years before there was a black president in real life. Viewers were able to accept both that there was a black president and that the show just had him being president without concerning itself with him being black. If the show were set in the 1940s, that simply wouldn't work, not only because it's not at all believable that there would be a black president at that time but because him being black is all that anyone in that world would be talking about. You can't even pretend for that time period that that's not the case. Clark's race would inevitably be the focus of the movie, and it would have to be more like X-Men than the traditional beloved, admired version of Superman that a lot of people would want to get back to after the Snyderverse. Anything else would go beyond the dreamy nostalgia of Donner Superman to just looking naive.

Golden Age Superman had a very strong populist, anti-authority streak that I think would not only work well for a black protagonist, but resonate even more strongly today.

2543421-Superdicklol.jpg

superman-destroys-slums-3.jpg

1*DS2HvzUGMPsWTZb2DV07jw.jpeg

50+-+Action+Comics+%238.jpeg

That sort of rebellious, man of the people depiction of Superman very heavily informed Grant Morrison's New 52 reboot of the character.

720fe441088533dea81cbc3b2a54355a._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Q1DbzQH2vM5DK875HBLtE4zzkN2yMgNKUDW3Bzx1F6XpB_GGkRlr1M04ieKgZt-LSHp7t3r95tx0=s0

1*4tuh4cNGF17q9Gky56dpBw.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member