• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Adil El-Arbi and Bilall Fallah (Ms. Marvel/Batgirl directors) are anti-black

That’s...not good. At all.

If it’s possible, wouldn’t be opposed to them pushing this a little further down the line, firing those two and hiring some other non-racist Islamic directors to do some rewrites and reshoots to remove as much of the potentially problematic material as they can.

Hope Marvel Studios catches this.

So apparently Adil El-Arbi and Bilall Fallah (Ms. Marvel/Batgirl directors) are anti-black

Dear vetting people at DC and Marvel:

tenor.gif

I've never seen the flick, so I have no idea if Black is as offensive as the description makes it sound. But Messrs El-Arbi and Fallah directed Bad Boys for Life and are attached to direct Beverly Hills Cop IV. So it may be a stretch to describe the two as Anti Black.

If the duo directed a film with awful racial stereotypes it places them in a very large group that includes many of our most cherished filmmakers. Hopefully they will do better moving forward.

The X-Men movie if it was cast in the late 80’s.

E4NGYtbXoAM4T6u

Yay or nay?
Seeing the name Jackie Earle Haley means I'd buy that for a dollar.

Hasn't been long since I watched that bad RoboCop reboot that has him say that line for a third time, and it feels weird how low it dropped in my view after loving it the first time.

I give it up to actors who play characters who fly. I’d be scared as hell on those rigs.

And there we go.

Confirmation she's playing a short-black haired Supergirl...with pants.

daaf4969cf924cb3309911aaf417c2cd.jpg

I'm disappointed, but that's par for the course with the DCEU.

It would be funny if she's being positioned as Cavill's replacement, as rumors suggested.

Last edited:
Catching up on Superman & Lois. Watched the 9th episode. Liked this show up until this one. But the show may have lost me. I will watch until end of season probably, but yeah....really hated a specific creative decision they rolled with.

I mean the show is grounded firmly in Elseworlds anyway, just based on the premise of Superman and Lois having kids so early in their careers and now living on a farm.

So I'm not against them exploring new concepts and twists on this show. There isn't much to lose. It's all in the execution. We'll see how this plays out.

I mean the show is grounded firmly in Elseworlds anyway, just based on the premise of Superman and Lois having kids so early in their careers and now living on a farm.

So I'm not against them exploring new concepts and twists on this show. There isn't much to lose. It's all in the execution. We'll see how this plays out.

Yeah, this particular trope almost always sucks. Especially on TV. Not a fan

I will say, that the explanation in episode 10, along with having watched and liked Krypton, the twist isn't that bad. Krypton really did help make it an acceptable situation with less character assassination than you might think.

I still can't believe we have two separate movies with two separate Batmen and I'm excited for both of them.

WB needs to hurry and cast someone to be Terry McGinnis while the iron is still hot.

I will say, that the explanation in episode 10, along with having watched and liked Krypton, the twist isn't that bad. Krypton really did help make it an acceptable situation with less character assassination than you might think.

It is an uphill battle to sell me on this, lol. Bringing me Luke Cage flashbacks in a very bad way. I nearly didn't finish that first season when they did this, and I ended up hating the 2nd half of season 1. I have rewatched most of the Netflix Marvel stuff over the years, but never was tempted to revisit that string of episodes. I legit hate this trope

And there we go.

Confirmation she's playing a short-black haired Supergirl...with pants.

daaf4969cf924cb3309911aaf417c2cd.jpg

I'm disappointed, but that's par for the course with the DCEU.

It would be funny if she's being positioned as Cavill's replacement, as rumors suggested.

Sasha looks amazing as Supergirl already. Someone got a high res snap of her and it looks good. The shorter hair makes her resemble Cavill even more.

Keaton in that picture looks younger than he has been in a long while.

Sasha looks amazing as Supergirl already. Someone got a high res snap of her and it looks good. The shorter hair makes her resemble Cavill even more.

The only thing that makes them look alike is the short Black hair.

I wonder if they are truly positioning her to be Cavill's replacement in the DCEU. The female 'Superman' proxy.

I still can't believe we have two separate movies with two separate Batmen and I'm excited for both of them.

WB needs to hurry and cast someone to be Terry McGinnis while the iron is still hot.

Apparently Keaton's Bruce will mentor 'Batgirl' instead.

I can't honestly say I like this look for Supergirl, it's such a drastic reinvention..

Especially if it actually ends up being Kara.

E4V07CaX0AEmBTV

But the DCEU has made so many questionable decisions so far, it's not a big deal at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"