• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Robbie, Gadot and Momoa are the first actors to play Harley, WW and Aquaman in live action films. Warners’ studio tour is embracing the Wizarding World and DC characters full stop.
Not including other versions of Batman and Superman, Keaton and Reeve are the first live action ones too.

Kind of implies that WB still considers Keaton and Reeves the definitive versions if those characters.

Am I the only one who likes the Supergirl suit?

I like the suit itself and the spandex material used. I'm just not keen on them ditching the classic iconography of the Blonde, blue-eyed Supergirl in the red skirt.

Especially since this will be the definitive Supergirl of the modern generation. The first time the character as appeared on film since the 80s. For the majority of the mainstream, this will be their first exposure to the character.

However, I understand the political reasons about why WB and DC might want to avoid the classic version in 2021.

I honestly don't care about ditching the classic blond Supergirl with the super tiny skirt. I care a lot more about the performance than those superficial things. Just judging what I see as a design, I think it looks pretty cool. It may just be the angles and such of the picture above, but her shoulder area looks odd proportionally, but again that could just be body position and angle of the photo. I am sure all that will look fine in the movie

I like the suit itself and the spandex material used. I'm just not keen on them ditching the classic iconography of the Blonde, blue-eyed Supergirl in the red skirt.

Especially since this will be the definitive Supergirl of the modern generation. The first time the character as appeared on film since the 80s. For the majority of the mainstream, this will be their first exposure to the character.

However, I understand the political reasons about why WB and DC might want to avoid the classic version in 2021.
Thats understandable. for me personally, I never expected to see the skirt anyway haha.

Makes me curious how the upcoming JJ film will reboot and reinvent Superman visually, and how that will go down.

Not a huge fan of the texture of the suit, but I like the basic design elements of it. Its nice that it has more red in it than the current CW suit.

Kind of implies that WB still considers Keaton and Reeves the definitive versions if those characters.

More likely, WB is pushing Keaton since he's back--otherwise the big reasoning is "these are versions people actually like." I feel if Keaton wasn't back, they'd have used a pic of Bale.

But before the success of Superman & Lois, the last Superman people-at-large really liked was Reeve, so the choices were limited there.

Not a huge fan of the texture of the suit, but I like the basic design elements of it. Its nice that it has more red in it than the current CW suit.

I like the texture but dislike the basic design elements of it, ironically. The texture reminds me of a basketball, maybe that's why I like it.

More likely, WB is pushing Keaton since he's back--otherwise the big reasoning is "these are versions people actually like." I feel if Keaton wasn't back, they'd have used a pic of Bale.

But before the success of Superman & Lois, the last Superman people-at-large really liked was Reeve, so the choices were limited there.

It's still Reeve.

Superman and Lois barely has a million viewers. It isn't a big mainstream cultural hit like Smallville season one was. It's more a niche show for the existing CW DC nerd audience.

I suppose the JJ Superman Reboot is WB's next best chance at dethroning Christopher Reeve.

I think Keaton would have been used regardless.

In Superman's case, who else was it going to be, personal biases aside? At this point, Reeve is the definitive live action Superman by default.

IMO, they just picked the first or only major cinematic version of those characters. I can't see WB thinking that Bale is less definitive than Keaton.

I think it would’ve been a nice touch to add Heath’s Joker to that billboard.

Never thought I’d see the day when Harley Quinn eclipsed Catwoman.

Not a fan of the Supergirl suit based on those images, but that's par the course for most set pics. My biggest issue is the muscle padding in the abs. I thought it looked goofy on the BvS Superman suit and it looks even derpier here.

Yeah that's honestly what it seems like. If they were still making movies with Batfleck and Cavill then there might be more of an incentive to feature them, but given they're both being rebooted...

Am I the only one who likes the Supergirl suit?

I love it.

You can tell Muschietti told Alexandra Byrne to make the Supergirl costume in the same family as the Cavill one. It owes a LOT of its design to James Acheson and Michael Wilkinson.

I wasn't a fan of Alexandra Bryne's Avengers work, but the work she did on GOTG, Doctor Strange and now The Flash is impeccable.

I think it would’ve been a nice touch to add Heath’s Joker to that billboard.

Never thought I’d see the day when Harley Quinn eclipsed Catwoman.
agreed. I'm actually quite surprised at how little we stuff from Nolan's trilogy on display like that today. With how iconic it is, I'd think we'd see more but I guess its because Keaton is back.

Playing devil's advocate..

If she actually is Superman's daughter from the 1989 Batman-verse, as some have speculated..

They gotta finally give us Nicolas Cage as Superman in all his meta glory.

nic-cage-superman-281x350.jpg

Costume is fine. If that's from a filmed scene, just not really blown away by how she looks in it. For the record, I'm not looking for her to be blonde and blue eyes. Just that picture I don't feel is flattering. Then again, I don't think Miller looks the part as Flash, so.

202811571_10159143221444185_7379509690772397385_n.jpg

Flash movie needs a poster that recreates this

MV5BOGZmYzVkMmItM2NiOS00MDI3LWI4ZWQtMTg0YWZkODRkMmViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY0NzcxNw@@._V1_.jpg

And I dig that the new Supergirl suit reminds me of this

Spider-Boy-Amalgam.jpg

It's kinda like Superboy's first suit without the jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"