• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be the new Baxter Building. Bet on it.

We all think that...

The swerve is gonna be it was bought by the government to be the public HQ for Val's Thunderbolts.

No I'm not kidding.

They feel comparable to Phase 1 so far to me rather than the improvement in the films we saw by Phase 3.
Phase 4 for the most part has felt a lot like Phase 1 to me so far. It's not so surprising either given how it's in many ways a fairly sizable reset after Endgame. No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder look like they'll be upping the ante.

We all think that...

The swerve is gonna be it was bought by the government to be the public HQ for Val's Thunderbolts.

No I'm not kidding.
Now that'd be something. I keep forgetting Elaine Benes is running around in the background as the shadier Nick Fury.

Last edited:
Phase 4 for the most part has felt a lot like Phase 1 to me so far. It's not so surprising either given how it's in many ways a fairly sizable reset after Endgame. No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder look like they'll be upping the ante.
To some extent yes although as you say there are a bunch of big hitters coming up now that are deeper entrenched into the MCU being much more linked in with existing content (a sequel, third and fourth film) and hopefully all of those deliver.

I still am enjoying the comic book elements coming into play and getting more focus this phase so far.

No, I haven't had my skirt blown up like say IW/EG did and from FFH, BW and WV and F&WS the offerings were lacking in my view the "Multiverse Arc" we are in reminds me of the more funky era of Marvel Comics from the mid seventies up until about the 80's Secret Wars time.

Instead of more movies I'd like to have an animated show going wild adapting the source material with the level of care and attention Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes received, a show that is allowed to run its full course uninterrupted, not even by a full year break mid-season to manufacture and distribute toys.

Instead of more movies I'd like to have an animated show going wild adapting the source material with the level of care and attention Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes received, a show that is allowed to run its full course uninterrupted, not even by a full year break mid-season to manufacture and distribute toys.
The movies will surely be continuing full speed ahead with a long term roadmap in place, but that doesn't mean the animation side can't grow a lot more in the wake of the success of Spider-verse and in the way the TV side has grown quickly from nothing.

The movies will surely be continuing full speed ahead with a long term roadmap in place, but that doesn't mean the animation side can't grow a lot more in the wake of the success of Spider-verse and in the way the TV side has grown quickly from nothing.
I'd rather see TV animation though cause they won't have to kill or retire certain characters after a certain amount of time, and shorter time between story arcs.

I'd rather see TV animation though cause they won't have to kill or retire certain characters after a certain amount of time, and shorter time between story arcs.
I like that aspect too (most probably do). Just there's no either or here really. The films are definitely happening regardless and wanting big growth on the animation side can even be supported by continued success of the films.

Kevin Feige Confirms Daredevil Casting In The MCU And Fans Will Be Pumped

The man behind the machine that is the MCU sat down with CinemaBlend recently, and fielded out questions about Daredevil, and the character’s potential in the MCU now that his Netflix show has run its course. It’d be a shame NOT to feature Daredevil in either a Marvel feature or a Disney+ show, and we asked Feige what he thought about Charlie Cox being able to stay in the part. To our surprise, the usually covert Kevin Feige confirmed the news that so many fans will want to hear when he told CinemaBlend:
If you were to see Daredevil in upcoming things, Charlie Cox, yes, would be the actor playing Daredevil. Where we see that, how we see that, when we see that, remains to be seen.

Absolutely amazing news. Im so happy Feige confirmed it. Charlie Cox IS Matt Murdock. I refuse to see anyone else in the role.

I don’t even care that he might be playing a new iteration, I’m just happy he’s coming back along with Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin potentially!

I have a feeling it’ll be a soft reboot. They wont directly contradict the Netflix series but it’ll feel like a fresh start and direction.

b82119f8b9f6372428b93864f9f78826.gif

I would have been sad if they recast DD!

My roommate’s going to be excited when I tell her the news!!!!

Last we saw him he was against putting on the red suit again, but now he probably will, and I assume it won't be bulletproof this time.

I'm not opposed to the idea of casting another actor in the role, cause I think the show made him as gloomy as the Brubaker era, while the new fully MCU induced version will probably be more akin to the Mark Waid era.

What a strange thing to do only a few weeks before he's supposedly going to show up :funny:

Not sure what's going on over there at Marvel lately. Everyone seems to be on very different pages when it comes to spoilers as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"