• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange thing to do only a few weeks before he's supposedly going to show up :funny:

Not sure what's going on over there at Marvel lately. Everyone seems to be on very different pages when it comes to spoilers as of late.
Since the Eternals release, it's all been unraveling. I am ready for No Way Home to get a 9% on RT. :o

It would be a shame if they just full on started over and ignored the Netflix series. Like, if Fisk and Matt never met or confronted each other. I say do a soft reboot that doesnt contradict the Netflix series but also just kind of goes in a new direction. That way fans can CHOOSE if the Netflix series is canon or not.

I knew Feige had to be a fan of Charlie and Vincent!!!!

Since the Eternals release, it's all been unraveling. I am ready for No Way Home to get a 9% on RT. :o
giphy.gif

Considering Daredevil is the best thing Marvel has done on film/tv, I don't want a second of it junked.

I dont see much purpose in bringing Cox back, but tossing out the show. The reason he and Vincent would be brought back is because fans loved the show, so it would be dumb to me to bring them back and then make those same fans mad by tossing out the show. If you are trying to bank of the shows popularity, then just go the whole way with it. It is what the fans largely want anyway

But that said, I am expecting the continuity to be dealt in vague terms. Probably will never directly reference events in the show, but may say vague things like "I thought Fisk was in prison" or stuff like that.

Last edited:
No Way Home could be an absolute mess but even the staunchest critics are still going to look like this when the Raimi characters are on screen:

yes-patrick.gif

The video version of Feige’s Daredevil comments.

Ignoring the fact Amy Pascal’s hair looks like she just got electrocuted by Electro, her knowing laugh while Feige says when Cox makes his DD return remains to be seen while their promoting DD pretty much tells us all we need to know about when we will see Cox return as DD. Which is as soon as next week in that Spider-Man movie that you may have heard about.

@Spider-Fan do you think I’m right or am I simply reading too much into Pascal’s laugh?

Last edited:
I dont see much purpose in bringing Cox back, but tossing out the show. The reason he and Vincent would be brought back is because fans loved the show, so it would be dumb to me to bring them back and then make those same fans mad by tossing out the show. If you are trying to bank of the shows popularity, then just go the whole way with it. It is what the fans largely want anyway

But that said, I am expecting the continuity to be dealt in vague terms. Probably will never directly reference events in the show, but may say vague things like "I thought Fisk was in prison" or stuff like that.

Thats exactly what I think. I think whenever we see Daredevil again, he will already have established history with Fisk and bullseye but ...they wont directly reference the show or be beholden to it. They'll kind of leave it up to the fans to decide if the Netflix series was canon or not but wont directly contradict it.

Kind of like how Incredible Hulk COULD be seen as a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk.

The video version of Feige’s Daredevil comments.

Ignoring the fact Amy Pascal’s hair looks like she just got electrocuted by Electro, her knowing laugh while Feige says when Cox makes his DD return remains to be seen while their promoting DD pretty much tells us all we need to know about when we will see Cox return as DD. Which is as soon as next week in that Spider-Man movie that you may have heard about.

@Spider-Fan do you think I’m right or am I simply reading too much into Pascal’s laugh?

Even Feige's tone indicates that he knows we all know when and where lol

If James Cameron's Spider-Man had happened in the mid-'90s that could have been a game changer not just for superhero films in general but also for Marvel. It could have prevented them from filing for bankruptcy.

Cameron’s Spiderman would have been epic, i have no doubt. But am i the only one whose also slightly sad Canon Films never made their Spider-man movie?

I feel like it would have been ended up being one of those wonderfully awful cult classics that we’d still be talking about today. :funny:

No Way Home could be an absolute mess but even the staunchest critics are still going to look like this when the Raimi characters are on screen:

yes-patrick.gif

Didn't work out that great for Ghostbusters....

Didn't work out that great for Ghostbusters....
I think that was more of a case of "reboot that hits all the same beats as the original film" fatigue, at least for the third act. But audiences also dug it a lot more than critics did.

I still can't get over the fact that Ant-Man of all MCU franchises is going to start playing hardball with characters like Kang and MODOK.

What a strange thing to do only a few weeks before he's supposedly going to show up :funny:

Not sure what's going on over there at Marvel lately. Everyone seems to be on very different pages when it comes to spoilers as of late.

Sony is just leaking NWH stuff left and right. First it was the Andrew Garfield footage, Campea’s two watermarked photos and now Giacchino’s score OST is out in the wilderness.

Might as well confirm the Worst Kept Secret in Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"