• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot say I am super stoked for the Wonder Woman game at this stage. It was only an announcement and I gotta see gameplay and such. But I will play it.

I would agree, except for the "Monolith" and "Nemesis System" parts. Like, it could totally still be a dumpster fire, but that at least puts it on solid footing.

I miss the old days of good movie tie in games. Shrek 2: The Game is still some top tier stuff.
I think after Amazing Spider-Man 2 all you get of movie tie-ins are mobile games, which is still something, but I'm not paying for that.

But I do enjoy that LEGO Avengers game, that for multiple reasons is my favorite LEGO game:
  1. Multiple hubs including Manhattan
  2. None of the hubs is spinning in a dizzy inducing fashion the way Lantern planets do in LEGO Batman 3
  3. Speedsters can finally run up walls and on water in a LEGO game
Tom Holland on Spider-Man: No Way Home and His Future – The Hollywood Reporter

Holland here confirms that it was Feige who pushed for the multiverse idea, not Sony. Which would fly against a lot of assumptions many made that Sony is the one forcing Marvel to do that multiverse for the third Spider-Man flick.
With all the push for multiverse concept in all these projects around that Spider-Man movie I'm actually surprised it was Feige's idea, that totally came out of the blue.

*obligatory sarcastic face* :oldrazz:
Speaking of Spidey, Vudu's having a massive Spider-man sale right now. Just got the entire series of The Best Spidey Show (Spectacular Spider-Man) for $16. Since I've already rewatched most of the live-action Spider-Man flicks fairly recently, this will be my NWH prep. :word:
ENJOY

That show is still hard for me to watch, it hurts my feelings how such an incredible show came to an unfair halt that still to this day makes me beg for more.

I'll give Ultimate Spider-Man a few compliments:
  • Colors are great
  • The animation is pretty good, actually it's excellent, the shots they chose for a lot of action scenes are high quality cinematography
  • It managed to complete its vision
  • Spider-Man and Sam Alexander's Nova is the closest we've got to seeing Spidey and Human Torch in animation. (unless you count that one Brave & the Bold episode of a Booster Gold/Ted Kord team-up.

Last edited:
First look at Thor: Love And Thunder with Natalie Portman as female Thor!

FGVeOV6XwAMoWOR

Does...does Korg have a mustache now?

(No Quill on the poster make a hint that Pratts role is indeed very small?)
I'm guessing the Guardians are only showing up in the beginning of the movie, maybe in the first 15 minutes or so, and then they're out. Similar to Dr. Strange in Ragnarok. I wasn't expecting a big Thor/Guardians team up movie especially since GOTG Vol. 3 is out the following year. I wouldn't rule out a Thor cameo in Vol. 3 though, especially given how close he is with Rocket.

As far as a poster can go it's certainly enforcing my expectations of cosmic viking god craziness from Waititi. Especially the goats make me hopeful that we get to further dive into the actual god/mythology parts. To stray away from that aspect was the worst choice with that property in the MCU since having it in makes the universe weirder in just the right way and makes Thor's part more unique.

OMG this looks fantastic.. I want this poster on my wall. (No Quill on the poster make a hint that Pratts role is indeed very small?)

IIRC Pratt and the rest of the GOTG cast were only filming for a week or two, so I don't think they'll have much screen time. We'll probably see Thor with them at the start for maybe a fun opening action sequence before they go their separate ways.

To be fair though, the tension between them at the end of EG more or less ensured that Quill would only tolerate Thor for so long.

As far as a poster can go it's certainly enforcing my expectations of cosmic viking god craziness from Waititi. Especially the goats make me hopeful that we get to further dive into the actual god/mythology parts. To stray away from that aspect was the worst choice with that property in the MCU since having it in makes the universe weirder in just the right way and makes Thor's part more unique.

I agree. I'm also excited that they're introducing Zeus and the Olympians. They really need to lean into the mythology, especially with a villain literally called the "God Butcher".

Last edited:
Better quality look at the poster. Colors are darker, but it’s more centered but it’s a better look at it, at least.

FGV8BJDWYAQ5E3P
I'd like to have this printed on a large rug and have it stashed in my home somewhere.

And this is possibly probably my favorite MCU poster.

EDIT: Fake poster explains why it looks painted, but I doubt they'll make anything that looks anywhere near as great as this one.

Last edited:
Just fire Wright after this movie wraps up (or during it). It’s not like she’s that great of an actor anyway. And even if she was, it’s not worth risking the lives of the other people on set just to placate her stupid ass.

Interesting. Kinda like BTTF3 and Avengers. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"