• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year when Jaime Fox was first announced to return as Electro, never did in a million, bazillion years did I expect we’d eventually be in a reality where we not only saw Jaime back but all these guys back all in the same week!

tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-no-way-home-spoilers-1280233.jpg

spider-man-2-outtakes-willem-dafoe-doctor-octopus-1215793.jpeg

befunky-collage-9_yutf.1280.jpg

daredevil-kingpin-marvel-mcu.jpg

Marvel History is about to be make this week! Which one of these guys are you most excited to come back? I know for me it’s Charlie Cox’s Daredevil. How about you guys?

Last edited:
I don't really care about any of them returning specifically. D'Onofrio is by far the best, so I'll be happy to see him again but I'd've been fine if it were a new actor, too, and Kingpin isn't on my favorite characters list.

I'm totally down with NWH because I love Holland and I love alt. universe stories. Seeing Maguire or Garfield or any of the villains again has no independent appeal whatsoever.

I don't really care about any of them returning specifically. D'Onofrio is by far the best, so I'll be happy to see him again but I'd've been fine if it were a new actor, too, and Kingpin isn't on my favorite characters list.

I'm totally down with NWH because I love Holland and I love alt. universe stories. Seeing Maguire or Garfield or any of the villains again has no independent appeal whatsoever.
To tell you the truth, if Cox and D’Onafrio were recast, I wouldn’t terribly mind. As great as both of them were, I’m never of the mindset that any casting is so perfect they’re irreplaceable. I always excited to see another actor give that role a new spin, and make it their own. Which is why I’m still annoyed to this day that the MCU didn’t choose different actor to play Jonah, but instead choose to lazily rehash J.K. Simmons(who was great but I wish the role went to another actor in the MCU). But seeing as both Charlie and Vincent were both great, and their Netflix shows were at least at the time they were made were advertised as being part of the MCU so I don’t mind them being brought back, but I prefer a soft reboot instead of either a hard reboot or a direct same version from the Netflix version. While they’re being brought back to the main MCU likely as new versions, I hope Kingpin and Daredevil know each other, or at least are aware of each other’s existence.

Last edited:
A year when Jaime Fox was first announced to return as Electro, never did in a million, bazillion years did I expect we’d eventually be a reality where we not only saw Jaime back but all these guys back all in the same week!

tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-no-way-home-spoilers-1280233.jpg

spider-man-2-outtakes-willem-dafoe-doctor-octopus-1215793.jpeg

befunky-collage-9_yutf.1280.jpg

daredevil-kingpin-marvel-mcu.jpg

Marvel History is about to be make this week! Which one of these guys are you most excited to come back? I know for me it’s Charlie Cox’s Daredevil. How about you guys?
The Lizard's look did not age well, but then again so did Gobby's. :p

Gobby always looked like a monster from Power Rangers.

Wish they went with that horrifying prototype mask they had for him. It struck fear into my heart.

The Lizard's look did not age well, but then again so did Gobby's. :p
They weren't received well to age well. :oldrazz:

Wish they went with that horrifying prototype mask they had for him. It struck fear into my heart.
Ted did not have the most pleasant experience in Evil Dead monster make-up, it's possible Sam Raimi did not want Willem Dafoe to feel as uncomfortable as his brother did when they were younger, so I'll always give it a pass.

You mean this guy?

green-goblin-spider-man-screen-test.jpg

Yeah, not anyone could have pulled that mask off but Dafoe could have. Imagine how much scarier this moment would have been with that?

I already jumped out of my seat when that happened but with that proto mask they would have had to have paramedics on standby in the theater.

You mean this guy?

green-goblin-spider-man-screen-test.jpg

Yeah, not anyone could have pulled that mask off but Dafoe could have. Imagine how much scarier this moment would have been with that?

I already jumped out of my seat when that happened but with that proto mask they would have had to have paramedics on standby in the theater.

oqj.gif

Now I need rubber sheets. Thanks Fuller!

tumblr_nmlw8m33RS1sykpjyo4_400.gif

tumblr_nmlw8m33RS1sykpjyo3_400.gif

tumblr_nmlw8m33RS1sykpjyo1_400.gif

Kinda wish we got it.
I wonder if this design could have made Danny Elfman rework his melodic work to make Goblin theme and make it sound more fairytale-esque.

B-but we got something better:

tumblr_n65j0hf9Pc1rjjxbmo1_500.gif

3115f9ca23043bdef80d03a55409bcef.gif

:o
Sorry to say I have the point of view I have, but.... I like TASM 2 Goblin design more than that scrapped Norman Goblin design for 2002 film.

I hope the studios take the right lessons from the last year.

Won't get me hopes too high but :o

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ China Release Date in Doubt – The Hollywood Reporter

Honestly, looks like not just Disney is going to be facing a China problem. Which is good. Still would have loved to see what kind of edits they did to Venom 2 to get it approved.

Didn't know Venom 2 got approved in China. They probably cut the most fun scene in the movie which was Venom going to a nightclub, getting hammered and announcing on stage and whilst wearing glow sticks that he's coming out of the closet.

i heard Gobby may get a new look for No Way Home. Stop teasing me Entertainment news section! :argh:

interesting phrasing there, JK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"