Sequels Superman 2-who do you want to direct?

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Actually, a sign of habitual crack use is the inability to master proper capitalization.

Oh, here's some stats for you (if you can actually comprehend numbers and what they mean):

X-Men
Budget: $75,000,000
US Total Gross: $158,000,000 (oh, if that's too many zeros for your feeble mind to grasp, that's in millions)

Rotten Tomatoes: 80% positive
IMDb: 7.3/10

X-Men 2
Budget: $110,000,000
US Total Gross: $215,000,000

Rotten Tomatoes: 87% positive
IMDb: 7.9/10

I think the only people that agree with you are the ones who provide you with your very bad crack. Perhaps you should consider new vendors.
no dude i dont smoke crack like u and u need to lay off it its giving u habitually horriud taste in movies, your a jackass.:o

Matt said:
With all due respect Pickle, old friend...I dare say, the people who say there is "nothing to fix in X1/X2" are choosing to be blind. There are always things that can be fixed in movies...be it Lord of the Rings and The Godfather or Howard the Duck...every movie has problems.
Exactly there Blind Morons, x1 &x2 are Extremley Flawed, and lame, and can definitley be fixed.:o

hi sverd a like superman i just dont kiss singer's ass hes an EXTREMLEY OVERRATED Director! with no real Vision of his own thats why he's Using donner's:o

I'm not a huge fan of Bryan Singer but I can't comment on him as a Superman director until I see the movie. If Superman Returns is atleast a good movie with good reviews and nice boxoffice returns then you can bet that Singer will be returning. If not, I'd like to see Bob Zemeckis, Peter Jackson, Sandy Corolla, Steven Spielberg, or maybe even Donner return. Thats not a list of possibilities, but who I would personally like to see direct a Superman movie. And maybe in the future even me lol.

Well as long as Ang Lee nor Uwe Boll directs it.

If Singer were not to return, I'd pick Peter Jackson or Ridley Scott. James Cameron would be an interesting choice as well. Spielberg would be a dream but he'd take a lot of convincing.

Star&BucWild, you sure are shooting off your obviously ignorant mouth alot considering the movie isn't even out yet. He had his own vision for X-Men and he clearly has his own vision for Superman. Instead of taking the easy route and padding the movie with an hour worth of origin, he's developing brand new material to continue the story with. I know you're quite stupid and can't see that now, but just wait and you'll soon shut up.

Just to make the playing field even, why don't you list the movies you do like.

Not that I'm going to listen to anyone who can't even communicate above the level of your average ******ed kid. Seriously, were you dropped on your head numerous times when you were younger?

no dude i dont smoke crack like u and u need to lay off it its giving u habitually horriud taste in movies, your a jackass.

That's some retort there, genius. I list facts and specs and all you can do is ramble on incoherently. Ever made a post that made some semblance of sense? Maybe you shouldn't have dropped out of kindergarten because you couldn't count past your IQ level.

Instead of taking the easy route and padding the movie with an hour worth of origin, he's developing brand new material to continue the story with.

Thank God! I didn't want to see another Superman origin.

A cross-section of lucky Superman, Spider-Man, and Spawn fans.

dr collossus said:
Don't judge Nightwing - wait till you see X3.

Regards,

Happy member of DoRv: Defenders of Ratner's Vision

LMAO! I know X3 won't be as good without Singer. And funny how you think I shouldn't judge X3 because I could ask you the same for SR. Talk about irony. :p

Star&BucWild said:
and Singer cant Direct two xmen films, he proved it with Crappy x-men Films he made! Ratner was Directing way before singer moron, and singer Could NOT direct a Good action scene to save his worthless life!:down:o

That your opinion. Not a fact. IMO he made X-Men movies great. If you think X1 was crappy, how else they were able to do X2 & it made even more than X-Men. That is a sign of good films. And Ratner was directing way before Singer? Actually, Singer directed first, kiddo. Singer's first film was "Lion's Den" in 1988 & Ratner's first film is "Whatever happend to Mason Reese" in 1990. Now who is the moron here? And you need to grow up with your ranting & rambling comments. Plus, you whine too much that you're making nonsense talking & unsupported opinions. You need to lay off the marijuana, man. Too much can destroy your brain cells. :p

Who would i like?

richard donner..with todays effects..

:up:

Nightwing1977 said:
LMAO! I know X3 won't be as good without Singer. And funny how you think I shouldn't judge X3 because I could ask you the same for SR. Talk about irony. :p
He's got a point, Nightwing. It's a bit hypocritical to say not to judge SR without seeing it but then turning around and judging X3.

10 years ago I would have said Speilberg... But his last few movies have sucked! So I think now I would either want Kevin Smith or J.J. Abrams.

I wouldn't mind Ratner but I need to see what he does with Xmen3 before I would allow him near Superman.

I will wait to judge Singer on his work in the movie but since it's because if his ideas the movie's had such a negative buzz thru out the production if he walks after this one I wont miss him.

Star&BucWild said:
no dude i dont smoke crack like u and u need to lay off it its giving u habitually horriud taste in movies, your a jackass.:o

[SIZE=-1]My uncle says that smoking crack is kinda cool! :up::p[/SIZE]

BareKnucklez said:
10 years ago I would have said Speilberg... But his last few movies have sucked!
That's such an odd comment. Most people have been praising most of Spielberg's films because he's not as saccharine as he used to be. He actually makes movies that have an edge to them.

explode7 said:
No director want nothing do with superman. They just do it for the money and to make their resumes bigger.
Now I just want to note that, technically, ex just said every director in the world wants something to do with Superman.

Let's just let that sink in.

CConn said:
Now I just want to note that, technically, ex just said every director in the world wants something to do with Superman.

Let's just let that sink in.
I also don't understand what the point of making your resume bigger would be. I'd think that 8.5" by 11" is more than enough.

Singer should return if his first outing proves to be a succes. If not Abrams (depends on how MI: 3 recieved), Ratner (why not?) or Michael Mann.

Retroman said:
Singer should return if his first outing proves to be a succes. If not Abrams (depends on how MI: 3 recieved), Ratner (why not?) or Michael Mann.

Mann could direct it drunk and I would love the end product :)

First of all I'd want to know the director's vision? Superman Returns seems to be a stand alone script from what we've heard, and the ending has a lead into a possible sequel. We don't know if their are any outlines to sequels! I can't pick a director, I'm still sick of what Ratner, Burton and the other directors wanted for their Superman flicks. Well I assume the next director would follow where Singer left off, but you never know! *cough-Schumacher-cough*

Peter Jackson with Fran Walsh after The Hobbit and maybe even Silmarillion.

A man can dream :)

Star&BucWild said:

What's the deal with all the insults? Check your PM inbox for your custom-made warning.

And that goes for all of you--discuss this civilly or the thread will be closed.

If the information I've learned about the Superman film history is correct, then I don't want Ratner to direct a Superman movie EVER after all the crap he tried to pull when he had the helm before... however, I've read SO many contradicting things that I honestly don't know what to believe anymore although I will say that if the truth can ever be proven, it would make a hell of an interesting bio movie. Regardless, I'd prefer that neither Ratner or Abrams gets the rights to work on Superman again, simply because of the possibly horrible things that could come out of it... Abrams in particular, because he wrote that horrid Superman: Episode I script... I know some of you liked it, but I personally don't see the appeal of a Superman movie that is basically just a rip off of Star Wars and The Matrix with a villain who is just General Zod with a different name. Now, most likely, if Abrams did get to take another stab at a Superman film that follows Singer's, few or none of these ideas would make it in, but that still doesn't guarantee that he wouldn't introduce new, worse ones.

That being said, we really have no guarantee that any of our favorite directors will make a good Superman movie (and even though I'm really looking forward to SR and feel it will be great, there's always the chance it will be a huge letdown). But if i could pick a director other than Singer for this sequel, here are some ideas...

1. Gore Verbinski - One of the most talented and versatile directors out there today, he's done everything from thrilling epics (Pirates of the Carribean), to horror (The Ring), to human drama/comedy (The Weather Man). I'd love to see what he could do with Superman because his films are unique and he makes an effort to make sure the characters are central and don't get lost in the mix.

2. Andrew Adamson - Although Adamson doesn't have all that many films under his belt, I think that his work on The Chronicles of Narnia has has shown him to be a top talent. In my humble opinion, he stuck very close to the source material and then outdid it. It's a great book, but Adamson and WETA turned it into a spectacular movie. They fleshed out the characters more, added some thrilling battle sequences, and created a Narnia that was (almost) as fascinating as Tolkien's (and Peter Jackson's) Middle-Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"