• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

But Mechad Brooks is about 6'3" or 6'4" and bigger built, so he does look on a different scale to Hoechlin. He just has a larger bone structure and frame etc.

I didn’t say he doesn’t look shorter next to people but he doesn’t look like a midget. I also don’t think Superman has to be the tallest guy in the room every time. I find that such a weird compliant from fans. If Superman is 6 foot that’s enough.

I knew they would, I’ve long thought but I think this confirms that Superman And Lois will essentially be somewhat of a soft reboot for Superman on the CW. I wouldn’t be surprised if it feels more in tone with Stargirl than Supergirl.

I didn’t say he doesn’t look shorter next to people but he doesn’t look like a midget. I also don’t think Superman has to be the tallest guy in the room every time. I find that such a weird compliant from fans. If Superman is 6 foot that’s enough.
He doesn't have to be the tallest guy in the room, but I'd prefer he was taller/bigger than Jimmy Olsen.

He doesn't have to be the tallest guy in the room, but I'd prefer he was taller/bigger than Jimmy Olsen.

Honestly doesn’t bother me especially as James had grown up. It’s very unlikely we’ll ever see them together again anyway.

Eo2Eos-VEAQQt8_

Eo2Eos9VQAMSRez

Eo2Eos_UUAALLUb

Ita definitely not a bad looking suit. But it needs just a tad more yellow to break up the colors. Had they made the belt buckle yellow, and given his cape the yellow S, then we would be in business.

Ita definitely not a bad looking suit. But it needs just a tad more yellow to break up the colors. Had they made the belt buckle yellow, and given his cape the yellow S, then we would be in business.
I'd make the emblem about 50% bigger as well, it's too small for this suit.

Hoechlin is at best 5"11 and 3/4,(according to Hollywood height sites) so six feet as a gift, I am the biggest Superman heightest of them all, but his charisma and screen presence more than make up for his lack of height, at least for me.

Welling was tall, but a piss poor actor, and it was too obvious, and that is being kind, Routh has a presence, but is a TV actor at best, not in a major motion picture, and Cavill, who only clears 6 feet because of his hair, is a dull and boring presence on screen, a black hole of charm and film presence, at least to me.

Is Hoechlin perfect, no, but he has charisma, and a certain presence and charm lacking in the character for far too long.

As I said, would I like a six three or six four Superman, hell yes, but Hoechlin has a charm and presence so lacking in the character in live action, I will take it. Now we just see what they give us.

Someone on Twitter said to me this new guy is terrible. I have no frame of reference but if you’re saying he’s a good get I’ll take your word over someone on Twitter.
I've only seen him on Tyrant and The Saint on Netflix, but I thought he was very solid in both.

Why is Pasdar not coming back? Is it a regular role or just a guest star? If regular, maybe Pasdar didn't want to commit to a full series? What else is he doing though?

Yeah I’m unsure if he was even offered to come back but I honestly think Superman And Lois is treating everything like a soft reboot for Superman and his world so I think they probably want to cast their own actors for these roles. I’ve long thought this may be the case going back to the recasting of Gen Lane and now I think it even more with this casting.

Why is Pasdar not coming back? Is it a regular role or just a guest star? If regular, maybe Pasdar didn't want to commit to a full series? What else is he doing though?

Probably because they weren't fans of his public persona. Or he just simply wasn't available.

A hot mess. Got another DUI in 2018, been battling his ex wife (Natalie from Dixie Chicks) for money.

That's not good. Anyway, I thought they're called "The Chicks" now and have dropped the "Dixie" bit from the name because of Confederate associations.

Since I'm rewatching Lois and Clark it makes me hope that they treat Superman & Lois the same with their work as reporters playing an equally large role as Clark being Superman and I guess them being parents.

Since I'm rewatching Lois and Clark it makes me hope that they treat Superman & Lois the same with their work as reporters playing an equally large role as Clark being Superman and I guess them being parents.

I’ve been watching Lois & Clark too, I actually forgot how much I loved this show. Yeah the Superman portions of the episodes don’t always stand up but all the reporter stuff is fantastic. My favourite episode and it’s funny cause as a kid I didn’t like this one (cause in costume Superman only appears for like 30 seconds at the start) is the Green Green Glow of Home. Without doubt the best introduction to Kryptonite in any medium as far as I’m concerned.

Hmmm, I've been trying to take advantage of the last days of DC Universe and was mad because they just took down the Superboy series earlier than I'd expected right when I was getting to the decent stuff (I had just gotten to the "Red Son" ep, dammit!). But all this L&C talk is making me think one last L&C re-watch will be a nice substitute. :D

Right now, my biggest wish is just to see Tyler's Superman face off against an comic accurate looking Brainiac in live action. Brainiac is really the one major villain that I've been wanting to see any version of Superman take on in live action format.

Supermans-New-Suit-featured-1280x720.jpg

D5kwb6tWAAEJ0XC.jpg

Hmmm, I've been trying to take advantage of the last days of DC Universe and was mad because they just took down the Superboy series earlier than I'd expected right when I was getting to the decent stuff (I had just gotten to the "Red Son" ep, dammit!). But all this L&C talk is making me think one last L&C re-watch will be a nice substitute. :D

So is DC Universe just gonna cease to exist? It’s not merging with anything?

Oh Superboy when it gets to around Season 3 is awesome, and the Roads Nit Taken Elsinore with the Soveriegn are fantastic stuff.

L&C season one is so good, I think it drops in quality after S1 but it’s still got some good episodes in there S2-4.

Right now, my biggest wish is just to see Tyler's Superman face off against an comic accurate looking Brainiac in live action. Brainiac is really the one major villain that I've been wanting to see any version of Superman take on in live action format.

Supermans-New-Suit-featured-1280x720.jpg

D5kwb6tWAAEJ0XC.jpg

Me too, if only they could have gotten Cameron Cuffe for Crisis, maybe they could have merged Krypton’s timeline with Superman and Lois. Hey maybe they still could and they could take that cliffhanger ending from S2 and have Brainiac actually bringing baby Jor El to a parallel Earth instead which happens to be Earth Prime or maybe say Crisis changed things further so Brainiac doesn’t go to the future he thought he would & instead ends up on Earth Prime. This way we could get Superman, Seg El, Adam Strange & Lobo vs Brainiac. That would also leave an option to later bring in Clon Salmon’s General Zod too. :hmr:

Won’t happen but one can dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"