Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot" (SPOILERS)

I really didnt expected that I would like this pilot that much. Not alone the production value and Hoechlins acting was on point, even the cinematography and the editing was awesome. And - Im worry to say this for a CW show - the writing was decent.

The only worry I have, I can already tell that Jordan will be my most hateful character in years. I want to punch him every time his whiny face shows up :ali: :D

Did not expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. I hope it can stay on track and be a great series. Flash & Arrow started off strong in my opinion, and then started falling flat for me.

Hoechlin is a great actor for Clark/Superman. He had won me over. I just wish he looked a bit more like Superman. Hitting the gym and getting rid of that scruffy beard would help I think. I've seen him with different hair styles that look more like Superman outside of the show too. Just some small gripes. Just my opinion. Still not crazy about the actor for Lois honestly, but maybe over time I will like her portrayal.

Love the family dynamic of the show. I will continue to watch. Good job WB/DC/CW/HBO/Whoever is involved lol.

Last edited:
I’m not going to lie. Bitsie Tulloch is one of my favorite Lois Lanes. I love the characterization.

3rd time I’ve watched the Pilot, loved it even more. It honestly gets better with each viewing.

My wife loved it too, think this might be something we watch together.

That's very likely to happen anyway at some point in this series given the way CW shows progress. Jordan will struggle with his powers and rebel against his father and Lex will take advantage of that to poison his mind. Then at the end of one season Clark will be forced to banish him to the Phantom Zone for his own good and the good and safety of all those around him even though it kills him inside to have to do that to his son.

Sounds like Kal's brother Bru in Superman: The Last Family of Krypton (2010).

Clark proposed to Lois at the end of Elseworlds, at the Fortress Of Solitude. With Lois wearing the same white dress Margot Kidder wore in Superman The Movie. That was not in the opening montage. They were also at Argo when the kids were born. Not in the montage in this one. Lex was also very prominent in Supergirl post-Crisis. Hell, he rewrote history for himself. Which leads me to believe this is either a new CWverse or outside of the old CWverse.

With so many differences, I think it's best for the showrunners to treat this as a clean break from the Arrowverse. Otherwise, the necessary continuity-juggling explanations would be a real drag during the next crossover, and would negate the purpose of having a streamlining reboot in the first place.

Clark proposed to Lois at the end of Elseworlds, at the Fortress Of Solitude. With Lois wearing the same white dress Margot Kidder wore in Superman The Movie. That was not in the opening montage. They were also at Argo when the kids were born. Not in the montage in this one. Lex was also very prominent in Supergirl post-Crisis. Hell, he rewrote history for himself. Which leads me to believe this is either a new CWverse or outside of the old CWverse.

Thats the point of Crisis though. It rewrites histories, Kara/Clarks Earths were literally merged so new timelines had to be created. Everything this show has changed thus far isnt anything that will be addressed in other shows or that were high end important to the other shows overall stories. Its really no different from Flashpoint when they changed Sara Diggle to Digg Jr

With so many differences, I think it's best for the showrunners to treat this as a clean break from the Arrowverse. Otherwise, the necessary continuity-juggling explanations would be a real drag during the next crossover, and would negate the purpose of having a streamlining reboot in the first place.

I dont see why continuity would be a problem now when it hasnt been for the past 8 years and 6 shows. Crossovers have become very standalone with minimal impact to the overall storyline for all the shows. They've always operated on the basis of "we assume you're watching all the shows" so this isnt any different now.

Thats the point of Crisis though. It rewrites histories, Kara/Clarks Earths were literally merged so new timelines had to be created. Everything this show has changed thus far isnt anything that will be addressed in other shows or that were high end important to the other shows overall stories. Its really no different from Flashpoint when they changed Sara Diggle to Digg Jr

All of that was after Crisis. Supes literally wondered why Lois was talking about boys rather than a boy. Supes still remembered everything pre-Crisis like many others.

All of that was after Crisis. Supes literally wondered why Lois was talking about boys rather than a boy. Supes still remembered everything pre-Crisis like many others.

Lois/Clark got engaged before COIE.

One line about "boys?" doesn't prove anything. Sure we know some remember pre-COIE but that doesn't contradict anything from the new timeline.

One line about "boys?" doesn't prove anything.

True. Certainly, "boys" reflects the audience's surprise. But it's actually delivered in an ambiguous way - which allows for flexibility in terms of what Supes does or doesn't know about the prior reality.

Lois/Clark got engaged before COIE.

One line about "boys?" doesn't prove anything. Sure we know some remember pre-COIE but that doesn't contradict anything from the new timeline.

The fact that they even showed a different proposal scene shows that it's different. Of course there's the obvious issue that the boys had just been born at the end of Crisis but are now teenagers.

Last edited:
There's something that just occurred to me that has started to bother me. In a way, I like that this show feels like a fresh start not focusing on the other heroes/tv shows and crossovers...HOWEVER...this version of Superman, clearly influenced by John Byrne's comic in 1986, shows Kal-El being born on Earth as his pod arrives in Smallville...but you know what the problem with that is? That means not only have Jor-El and Lara never had the chance to interact with their son before Krypton's destruction, but also KARA hasn't...meaning she never babysat Kal-El as an infant, or cleaned his diapers on Krypton AT ALL, as she made reference to in 2x01...oh and remember that opening montage from Supergirl that showed briefly a shot of baby Kal-El being placed in his rocket by his parents? Well...

I don't mind if the showrunners ignore some of what was done in the past, but I prefer they try to stay consistent.

There's something that just occurred to me that has started to bother me. In a way, I like that this show feels like a fresh start not focusing on the other heroes/tv shows and crossovers...HOWEVER...this version of Superman, clearly influenced by John Byrne's comic in 1986, shows Kal-El being born on Earth as his pod arrives in Smallville...but you know what the problem with that is? That means not only have Jor-El and Lara never had the chance to interact with their son before Krypton's destruction, but also KARA hasn't...meaning she never babysat Kal-El as an infant, or cleaned his diapers on Krypton AT ALL, as she made reference to in 2x01...oh and remember that opening montage from Supergirl that showed briefly a shot of baby Kal-El being placed in his rocket by his parents? Well...

I don't mind if the showrunners ignore some of what was done in the past, but I prefer they try to stay consistent.

Just as Kara talked about how she arrived on earth but her cousin had already become Superman, I wish in his intro he mentioned her and how she was part of his life and how he recovered her from her ship. It would also have been nice to show her at his wedding. I don't know when he was supposed to have gotten married and whether it was while she was still young but then they could've gotten the actress who plays young Kara if Melissa was pregnant at the time.

That means not only have Jor-El and Lara never had the chance to interact with their son before Krypton's destruction, but also KARA hasn't...meaning she never babysat Kal-El as an infant, or cleaned his diapers on Krypton AT ALL, as she made reference to in 2x01...oh and remember that opening montage from Supergirl that showed briefly a shot of baby Kal-El being placed in his rocket by his parents? Well...

It sets up other opportunities, though. It seems that in the Arrowverse, Kara arrived on Earth at about the date roughly corresponding to Lois & Clark's wedding in S&L. Kara's adjustment to life on Earth with her foster family went well, but Clark couldn't have known that at first, so he might've decided to put his own plans on hold for a few years in case he needed to be there often for Kara the grieving refugee or to rein her in for being a super-powered delinquent. So, in S&L, if Kara's pod has just been taking a little longer to reach Earth, the show might get teenage Kara growing up on the farm, the way she did on the Justice League Unlimited animated series where she was frustrated with small town life. Kara even had a friendly rivalry with Stargirl in JLU, so maybe the S&L universe could have a connection to Stargirl's universe, allowing for the occasional crossover.

263456c354e8359d91ece55d5cf422a6c5854e90.gifv

5879f029ea0ed08f1ae3d1b8cfa1edb186ab9bd1.gifv

16ac1f9b26d4328b674a4678264be259e8028fba.gifv

ecd701533153878a769e2cfeb4f9a4aa007616a7.gifv

The pilot restored greatness to Superman than both Man of Steel/ BvS and Supergirl ever done,.

I think it's an assumption that that pod is exactly like the one from John Byrne's. I don't think the show says that. It could just be a stasis pod. Clark was sitting up in it, if I remember correctly. I think he may have been farther post birth age, than that.
The only worry I have, I can already tell that Jordan will be my most hateful character in years. I want to punch him every time his whiny face shows up :ali: :D
What's wrong with someone who has, I think, an emotional disorder, crying?

What's wrong with someone who has, I think, an emotional disorder, crying?

It is totally fine, brave and necessary to show characters with social disorders like Netflix did with Atypical (a very decent show imo).
Its just I dont like the actor so far.

I think it's an assumption that that pod is exactly like the one from John Byrne's. I don't think the show says that. It could just be a stasis pod. Clark was sitting up in it, if I remember correctly. I think he may have been farther post birth age, than that.
During the pod’s journey, there were a few frames — it was very brief — of a developing fetus. And then at the “birth” the pod opened in a wet and sticky way (although Kryptonian battle suits for adult pilots are like that in the comics, so that part isn’t strong evidence).

Last edited:
After watching this pilot I've decided my router isn't high enough or in a dangerous enough place. I'm going to go and mount it up somewhere precarious and if a guest comes and wants the wireless password on the back they can go climb up there to look for it.

Granted, it was an odd and dangerous way to store big heavy pipes in the barn. But I just wrote it off as a pretext. Likewise, the wonky router in the barn was the pretext for the pretext. Whatever... :rolleyes:

But for many folks, the router seems to be a special source of puzzlement. And this got me wondering. Don’t modern farmers need internet access in the barn and as far into their fields as the signal will stretch? And, therefore, where would you put the router (or routers)? Well, it turns out that the barn is a good spot.

:word:

Granted, it was an odd and dangerous way to store big heavy pipes in the barn. But I just wrote it off as a pretext. Likewise, the wonky router in the barn was the pretext for the pretext. Whatever... :rolleyes:

But for many folks, the router seems to be a special source of puzzlement. And this got me wondering. Don’t modern farmers need internet access in the barn and as far into their fields as the signal will stretch? And, therefore, where would you put the router (or routers)? Well, it turns out that the barn is a good spot.

I'm so glad you looked this up so the rest of us didn't have to. Thank you for your service. :funny:

They must surely be able to put it low down. What happens if they need to reboot it (as sometimes you do)? Does that mean only Superman can fly up there to do it? And how did Martha reach it all that time before when Clark wasn't around?

In the episode it could've been a satellite dish instead to receive certain TV channels, although why they would be using that old method is anyone's guess.

They must surely be able to put it low down. What happens if they need to reboot it (as sometimes you do)? Does that mean only Superman can fly up there to do it? And how did Martha reach it all that time before when Clark wasn't around?

Obviously…

The tech installed the router at a high level for signal strength purposes. Additionally, Martha bought a model that was very reliable and — according to the package — “hardly ever needs resetting.” And in the unlikely event that the router did need a reset, it was conveniently placed next to the barn's ladder. Alas, nobody told Ben Hubbard about the router placement. So when he decided that overhead was the ideal spot to store big heavy pipes, he didn’t realize that this impeded access to the router.

And that’s the explanation. :crso:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"