Superman Returns Superman Returns has Oscar Considerations

KalMart said:
God forbid they make it clear in the actual movie! :oldrazz:

God forbid people should have intelligence. It doesn't take a genius to get inside that thug's head, why should he have dialouge to explain himself. Lucky the for you guy playing him does, on the DVD that is.

bunk said:
God forbid people should have intelligence.
Well....now we have you, apparently.

bunk said:
It doesn't take a genius to get inside that thug's head
You don't say?

bunk said:
why should he have dialouge to explain himself. Lucky the for you guy playing him does, on the DVD that is.
And exactly where did I mention dialogue...or dialouge, as you put it?

Thanks for the effort, though. :up:

DrMylesOBoogie said:
It doesn't deserve jack. It's one of the worst movies ever produced and possibley the biggest waste of money ever. SFX are also undeserving of an award as they do more impressive things on TV now for a very small percentage of SR budget. On repeat viewing of SR I really am astonished at hoe bad it is on almost every technical level witht eh budget that it had. The flying effects are dodgey and some of the lighting and green screen effects are among the worts that I've seen for a big summer movie.
Not to exaggerate or anything..

KalMart said:
Well....now we have you, apparently.

You don't say?

And exactly where did I mention dialogue...or dialouge, as you put it?

Thanks for the effort, though. :up:

Well, the easiest way to make something clear on screen to an idiot is to explain it through exposition. It's sad how some idiots think they can refute somebody's argument by pointing out spelling mistakes. Oh well.

DrMylesOBoogie said:
It doesn't deserve jack. It's one of the worst movies ever produced and possibley the biggest waste of money ever. SFX are also undeserving of an award as they do more impressive things on TV now for a very small percentage of SR budget. On repeat viewing of SR I really am astonished at hoe bad it is on almost every technical level witht eh budget that it had. The flying effects are dodgey and some of the lighting and green screen effects are among the worts that I've seen for a big summer movie.
You haven't seen very many movies, have you?

wow,while I can understand someone disliking S.R.,I cant understand calling it worse than movies on mystery science theater. Its not helping your argument,not at all.

bunk said:
Well, the easiest way to make something clear on screen to an idiot is to explain it through exposition. It's sad how some idiots think they can refute somebody's argument by pointing out spelling mistakes. Oh well.
That was an argument? I don't think so, buttercup. You'll have to do better next time. :cwink:

And...aside from no mention of dialogue, I seem to remember a :oldrazz: in my original post....but I guess it would take a genius to pick that up. Good catch on the spelling, though.
35.gif

How 'bout you stick with the thug's head, THEN work your way up, hm? Onward and upward, young squire.

KalMart said:
That was an argument? I don't think so, buttercup. You'll have to do better next time. :cwink:

And...aside from no mention of dialogue, I seem to remember a :oldrazz: in my original post....but I guess it would take a genius to pick that up. Good catch on the spelling, though.
35.gif

How 'bout you stick with the thug's head, THEN work your way up, hm? Onward and upward, young squire.

Alright, let's back up a minute. DrMylesOBoogie asked why the thug would shoot him in the eye with a handgun. I was too lazy to explain why, so I suggested he watch the DVD. You insinuated Singer could have made the thug's intent more clear, without of course, volunteering any ideas on how. I had to assume you were thinking exposition, though it's clear now that you weren't thinking at all. If you don't agree it's obvious in the scene what's going through the thug's head, then tell me why. If you do agree, then your original post is completely pointless.

bunk said:
Alright, let's back up a minute. DrMylesOBoogie asked why the thug would shoot him in the eye with a handgun. I was too lazy to explain why, so I suggested he watch the DVD. You insinuated Singer could have made the thug's intent more clear, without of course, volunteering any ideas on how. I had to assume you were thinking exposition, though it's clear now that you weren't thinking at all. If you don't agree it's obvious in the scene what's going through the thug's head, then tell me why. If you do agree, then your original post is completely pointless.
Again...stare long and hard at the :oldrazz: I put at the end. Careful...it moves.

Meant I was kidding.

It's okay, take your time.

So...you're not only the intelligence police, but the 'point' police as well? See that tiny spot on the horizon? That's the boat you missed, bunky. :cwink:

And what, pray tell, would be the point of pointing out that there is no point? We cordially invite you to get over yourself and move on. :up:

KalMart said:
Again...stare long and hard at the :oldrazz: I put at the end. Careful...it moves.

Meant I was kidding.

It's okay, take your time.

So...you're not only the intelligence police, but the 'point' police as well? See that tiny spot on the horizon? That's the boat you missed, bunky. :cwink:

And what, pray tell, would be the point of pointing out that there is no point? We cordially invite you to get over yourself and move on. :up:

Laying it on a bit thick, don't you think? If you never disagreed with me and were only kidding you should have just said so and saved us both from this pseudo argument. Let me take it back to grade school for a sec...YOU STARTED IT! :oldrazz: There, how's that.

bunk said:
Laying it on a bit thick, don't you think? If you never disagreed with me and were only kidding you should have just said so and saved us both from this pseudo argument. Let me take it back to grade school for a sec...YOU STARTED IT! :oldrazz: There, how's that.
Or maybe look before you stumble next time, bunko? I didn't 'start' anything (see post #127 :cwink: ), but how about I....end it for you, instead? Thanks for the input....which for the sake of convenience we'll call your 'argument', although I suggest you look that up first. :cwink: Nice meeting you, too.

KalMart said:
Or maybe look before you stumble next time, bunko? I didn't 'start' anything (see post #127 :cwink: ), but how about I....end it for you, instead? Thanks for the input....which for the sake of convenience we'll call your 'argument', although I suggest you look that up first. :cwink: Nice meeting you, too.

Oh..so close. It was #126, you know the one where you quoted me without the gun at your temple. Didn't you just use a whole post to explain how :oldrazz: meant kidding? And that's why I said pseudo argument, being that it takes two to tango...so your welcome for the input, maybe next time I'll get some in return, but I won't hold my breath. Thanks, bye. :yay:

bunk said:
Oh..so close. It was #126, you know the one where you quoted me without the gun at your temple. Didn't you just use a whole post to explain how :oldrazz: meant kidding? And that's why I said pseudo argument, being that it takes two to tango...so your welcome for the input, maybe next time I'll get some in return, but I won't hold my breath. Thanks, bye. :yay:
^^I'l take feeble attempts at saving face for $500, Alex.

"That'll do Pig...that'll do." Nice try, though. :up:

Stay down, and live to chirp another day, my friend.

KalMart said:
^^I'l take feeble attempts at saving face for $500, Alex.

"That'll do Pig...that'll do." Nice try, though. :up:

Stay down, and live to chirp another day, my friend.

They use 200 dollar increments on Jeopardy! dumbass.

bunk said:
They use 200 dollar increments on Jeopardy! dumbass.
So you actually got the joke this time, eh? Took long enough....

Are you done, yet...or do I have to explain that concept as well?

KalMart said:
So you actually got the joke this time, eh? Took long enough....

Are you done, yet...or do I have to explain that concept as well?

Ha! Forgive me if I have trouble believing that was on purpose. It's okay, I didn't figure you as a Jeopardy! guy. As for my reply speed...well, some of us have other things going on outside the internets. Ciao.

bunk said:
Ha! Forgive me if I have trouble believing that was on purpose. It's okay, I didn't figure you as a Jeopardy! guy. As for my reply speed...well, some of us have other things going on outside the internets. Ciao.
Yet here you are.

As for 'on purpose'..."It's...famous titles...." Not ringin' a bell? Farrell...(fake)Connery...SNL...? Okay, then. Consolation round's next week, tiger. I suggest you practice. Have a good one.

Just so you know...once you blink once, the game's over.

Yep, just about everyday, albeit sporadically. So what gave you the impression I wasn't familiar with Jeopardy! or any parody of it? You obviously didn't get my joke. I can pick irrelevant things to poke fun at too, besides spelling that is.

bunk said:
Yep, just about everyday, albeit sporadically. So what gave you the impression I wasn't familiar with Jeopardy! or any parody of it? You obviously didn't get my joke. I can pick irrelevant things to poke fun at too, besides spelling that is.
You certainly can, hence the origin of this little tantrum of yours.
homer-doh.jpg

So how'd those 'other things' go? Or did you drop your shorts there, too?

Think of your familiy, and save yourself.

Edit: Good boy. :up:

KalMart said:
You certainly can, hence the origin of this little tantrum of yours.
homer-doh.jpg

So how'd those 'other things' go? Or did you drop your shorts there, too?

Think of your familiy, and save yourself.

Edit: Good boy. :up:

I'd be interested to know where you get 'tantrum' from...maybe all those times when I was out of control. :huh: What am I saving myself from? Maybe more of your world class quips or queer pet names. I'm still waiting for something to happen here.

bunk said:
I'd be interested to know where you get 'tantrum' from...maybe all those times when I was out of control. :huh: What am I saving myself from? Maybe more of your world class quips or queer pet names. I'm still waiting for something to happen here.
I'm still waiting for you to get a clue and move on (which I've also already told you to do). Nothing's sunk in, huh? This whole time.

Kinda' figured when you said 'bye' and 'ciao', you were leaving.....guess not.

KalMart said:
I'm still waiting for you to get a clue and move on (which I've also already told you to do). Nothing's sunk in, huh? This whole time.

*sigh* That's what I figured...way to cite some examples there. You are by far, the worst at backing up statements on this entire message board. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"