Superman vs. Captain Marvel

I personally think Superman will win. I remember hearing about a comic some time ago, when Superman and Thor had a fight, Thor started to draw blood from the Man of Steel, but Superman's invulnerability, when hit with a magic based punch, acted completely as normal because the attack was a physical assault. So Captain Marvel would have to hold Superman just above him for his lightning to affect him, otherwise i beleive Superman will pretty much beat him to the gorund.

But they are both extremely powerful, and we might as well destroy the world before letting them battle.

I would agree. If neither of them held back, the world would be decimated in the rampage! Sweet pic, by the way, flashgordon!

Toby_Temple said:
But it was already proven that Superman is not made of steel. Get what I'm saying? Captain Marvel was shown capable of beating Superman when he wanted to.

And where is Superman right now? In Krypton? LOL! He is in Earth, and even though he is in Earth, Marvel is still the World's(Earth's) Mightiest Mortal.

Superman constanly getting stronger? Right. Make up more imaginary abilities for Supes just to make an arguement. Marvel was the first super strong hero who can fly and move at amazing speed than Supes while Superman was just a high-jumping superhero until DC decided to copy Marvel's powers and add them to Supes.

Nope. Superman can hurt himself if he punches a magical barrier and can be hurt by superstrong magical beings. His invulnerbility is useless against magic.

Yes. And DC decided that Captain Marvel can beat him anytime if he wanted to. Case close, fanboy.:up:
....OWNED

Batmanx said:
Lets keep it REAL CM. can not match Superman n STRENGHT/SPEED or ABILITIES...Captain Marvel have the strenght of Hercules (which he is half Human/God) that makes him a Demi God...The Human side of him makes him that much weaker..The ONLY thing that give CM. a lil. change of getting good punches n is the MAGIC HITS & the Lighting Bolts...CM have the speed of Mercury BIG DEAL, Superman is FASTER then that...In the long run it will b a good cute fight , but Superman will take him down...

If u wish 2 c a good fight , then it should b Wonder Woman and Superman..
She is WAY stronger then Hercules and CM..People r always SLEEPING on WW. and her strenght and SKILLS... WW is just a lil. bit low then Superman n Strenght and thats why they say she is ONLY SECOND TO SUPERMAN..Her fighting skills is better then Superman and CM..

And by the way Captain Marvel share his power with Mary Marvel & CMJr.. So that alone is going to make CM weaker against Superman,WonderWoman and Martain Manhunter and Supergirl...Lets get real CM need to SIT DN and play n his COLORING BOOKS...
wonder woman needs to stay on her knees.

I'll ask this question again, who would win if both current versions (OYL) of these characters fought right now.

No, the Hulk is very weak. He has a hard time lifting small boxes full of paperclips.

The Leaguer said:
No, the Hulk is very weak. He has a hard time lifting small boxes full of paperclips.

I thought he was finally upgraded to pencil shavings? :confused:

I know, Hulk's weak, pathetic state is nothing to laugh at.

In the current OYL universe, Marvel is arguably the most powerful he's ever been. Supes, on the other hand, is still regaining his powers. Big Blue doesn't even have a shot at this one.

Well, some might argue that he could've possibly been more powerful in the Fawcett and Whiz era, i.e. the 'Golden Age'. I have some 'Golden Age' Captain Marvel comics, and in my opinion, they really don't show his prowress so much as they try to be cute and clever. More like a comedy with a superpowered main character.
As far as his DC history, I don't really think there could be a counterpoint.

But you said OYL. He's barely been shown OYL. Where has he been shown to be so powerful?

I think he's just going off the implication that he'd be more powerful because he's taken over the role Shazam used to play.

His power "upgrade" is really undefined. All the power left his sister and pal, and made it's way to him. It's suggested he's upgraded because he was basically on the losing side of a fight until the lightning struck him, and then beat the other person into submission what was seemingly easy.

It was a downgrade. All he gained out of taking Shazam's place is the physical characteristics of an unbelievably old man.

Basically, with no buddies to siphon power, his power increases threefold. Taking into account he fully understands his powers now, that only helps him.
And all this was shown in the 'Brave New World' one-shot.
What's a C-Bag, anyway?

Colostomy bag.

All I remember from the Brave New World thing was Freddy and Mary's power disappearing and Freddy getting his ass kicked.

I know what a colostomy is, but thanks for the link, anyway!
If you scan it carefully, that same lightning bolt strikes Billy, returning Mary and Freddie's powers to him. This same lightning bolt puts a white streak in his hair, signifying his newfound badassness.
Or, at least, that's what I made of it.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Colostomy bag.

All I remember from the Brave New World thing was Freddy and Mary's power disappearing and Freddy getting his ass kicked.

And later on, in 52, Adam was incapable of changing back.

I'm wondering if Adam even has powers anymore. After all, he looked basically the same in his human form as he does in his Mighty Adam form. That'd be a cool twist, if he's been organizing this whole coalition of nations on the bluff that he still has his Superman-level power when he's really a mere mortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"