Comics Superman VS Hulk in WWH

David Rice

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok, I've been hearing alot of people say that the Hulk from World War Hulk could kick Superman's ass.

What do you think? Discuss.

I havent read any of WWH, but i hear he is more powerful than the normal incarnation. However, though i love both characters, i still think Supes' would win.

It'd be a good fight, War Hulk is pretty powerful and Superman is...well, Superman

Hulk cause the WWH is a lot wiser that any version

Even if Hulk is a little bit stronger, Supes has all those other powers.

Smarter or not, Hulk still can't move nearly as fast as Superman, and considering they're arguably even in strength and durability, speed is the decisive factor.

Not saying Hulk would just go down like a chump; he's the friggin' Hulk, after all. But Big Blue still takes the win in my book.

I agree! Superman would win, but some people I talk to don't think so.

Well, it's really up to who'd be writing the fight. If it's a Marvel fan, Hulk wins; if it's a DC fan, Superman wins. There's a billion and one ways to spin any vs. situation to the way you want it to go.

Smarter or not, Hulk still can't move nearly as fast as Superman, and considering they're arguably even in strength and durability, speed is the decisive factor.

Not saying Hulk would just go down like a chump; he's the friggin' Hulk, after all. But Big Blue still takes the win in my book.

I dont know about that. Cause like anyone that would use speed there is a pattern. I think this Hulk would figure it out and hit Supes with a soup bone on his third pass

I dont know about that. Cause like anyone that would use speed there is a pattern. I think this Hulk would figure it out and hit Supes with a soup bone on his third pass

There is one thing that most people are not taking into consideration. No matter how powerful or smart Hulk is he is still only human.

Superman is not human.

It's kinda like the time my friend tried to tell me Magneto could crush Superman with magnetic gravity. :whatever:

Though i love both characters, Superman is just more powerful than Hulk IMO.

I'm completely biased, but the question I have to ask:

Could the Hulk survive being thrown into the sun?

marvel has hulk's strength level listed as 100+ tons while DC never gave the exact measurement of Supe's strength level but they have shown him lifting fully-loaded jumbo jets, oceanliners, and they all weigh far beyond 100 tons.
so either superman will blind hulk with his heat vision then drag him into the earth's core or simply pull him into outer space and then punched him into the next galaxy.
but if you're a marvel writer, i'm sure there are ways for hulk to beat superman.

speed is the decisive factor

Although I think Supes will win too, I chuckled at this 'coz I don't remember the boyscout used his super speed when he fought super-strong beings. Why is that? I can't recall him going super-fast punching or super-fast-dodging from strikes from a big fight with a super-strong villain. Maybe he's always holding back but that would be stupid, for not using super-speed. Maybe the writers want the fight to be dramatic or they want the villain to have a fighting chance.

I also don't recall Supes used super-speed in his epic battle against Doomsday. Maybe he did, someone refresh my memory.

Anyway, Supes vs. Hulk will be a damn great fight and I think in the end Supes will prevail! :yay:

Maybe the writers want the fight to be dramatic or they want the villain to have a fighting chance.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Going all-out and using the full potential of his powers, I can't think of anyone save cosmic-level folks who'd stand a chance against Superman.

But one could argue Clark does not want to go all out as he is fully aware of what his powers are capable of. Therefore, he takes it easy on his enemies, at risk to himself, in order to protect them. Seems like an attitude Supes would have.

As for this fight...it depends which book it is in. In The Incredible Hulk, Hulk would win. In Superman, Superman would win :cwink: But really, isn't this a bit of a biased place for the poll? Put it in misc comics if you want to get an accurate assessment.

I think Hulk would get extremely angry and get so strong that he would rip Superman apart and destroy everything else in his path.

Well, it's really up to who'd be writing the fight. If it's a Marvel fan, Hulk wins; if it's a DC fan, Superman wins. There's a billion and one ways to spin any vs. situation to the way you want it to go.

Very true... and here is a good example of that:

I dont know about that. Cause like anyone that would use speed there is a pattern. I think this Hulk would figure it out and hit Supes with a soup bone on his third pass.

Is Superman back at PreCrisis power levels again? Because if he is, then I'd have to say that Superman would pwn Hulk, simply because PreCrisis Supes could juggle planets as easy as a clown would tennis balls.

Now, if Supes isn't at that level, then I'd say it'd be a close match. I know Hulk is supposed to be much more powerful then he's ever been.

While I do think that, if it was a real fight with no prejudices, Superman would win because of his Super Speed which Hulk lacks. The problem with this is many writers overlook this power, most likely on purpose, because if Supes used his speed regularly he would beat pretty much everyone, and that would be just boring.

I don't know if Superman's quite at the level he was pre-Crisis, but he's strong enough to shove the moon around again. I don't recall ever seeing Hulk lift nearly that much (though I could be wrong) So even if you're talking about the thing Hulk does best, Superman's still got him outclassed.

Really, if you want someone who can be an even match for Superman, you'd have to use someone with strength and speed, like Sentry or Captain Marvel.

All Superman needs to do is throw Hulk in space.

Hulk is no match for the man of steel. Heat vision, flight, etc.

No matter what incarnation the Hulk is, he is a joke to Pre-Crisis Supes.

All Superman needs to do is throw Hulk in space.

Hulk is no match for the man of steel. Heat vision, flight, etc.

I guess he is much stronger now and has new powers. Some people are saying he can take big blue, but I don't so.

No matter what incarnation the Hulk is, he is a joke to Pre-Crisis Supes.

You got that right, but some people would argue with ya. The biggest thing in the back of my mind is most times Superman holds back. Just look at Superboy Prime, he ripped people's arms off for god sakes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"