Comics Superman VS Hulk in WWH

I dont think smarts has anything to do with it.Super intellect my ass.And I am sppeking about the current versions when I say I think Supe's will beat Hulk.The point I'm trying to make is that I think that Doomsday would beat the Hulk too..And even if you want to say that the Hulk has reached Superman's strenth level [witch I dont think he has but I could be wrong] thats not the only thing that the Hulk would be going up against.On the ground and in the air Superman can reach speeds approaching the speed of light.At those speeds The Hulk wont be able to land a single punch on Superman.And I think that his heat vision is capable of cutting trew the Hulks skin.So think about Supes frying the Hulks brain with his heat vision.The real issue is wether or not Superman has the bal*'s to win a fight in this fashion.And the current Superman does not.
On the other hand I could but together a group of heros and villians that together could beat Superman.

Yeah you may want to rea WW Hulk to see what supes is up against

Yeah you may want to rea WW Hulk to see what supes is up against

I have been reading them...all of them in fact.I prefer the Hulk to Superman for the most part but that dosnt mean I'm going to diregaurd what evidence shows.Supermans is stronger then the Hulk under normal circumstances but as we all know the madder the Hulk get's the stronger he gets. But even if he were able to get mad enough to be stronger then Sup's his speed far out weighs the advanthges of that strenth.What good is all that strenth in a fight if you cant so much as land a punch because your oponent is moving to fast for you to hit him.

When Hulk clashes with an equal, he causes destruction to his surrounding environment. When Superman clashes with an equal, he tears apart reality itself. I don't care how strong the Hulk gets. He will never be a match for Superman.

When Hulk clashes with an equal, he causes destruction to his surrounding environment. When Superman clashes with an equal, he tears apart reality itself. I don't care how strong the Hulk gets. He will never be a match for Superman.

Thank you! :woot:

What the Hulk braces was 150 tons of mass. The moon is far heavier than part of a large mountain.

Superman's strength is so powerful that..

it was actually 150 billion tons.

supporting an object on earth is different than pushing an object in space.

the hulk has an ability to hit and see fast moving objects. i gather that from what i have read from various comics and fans of the hulk.
hulk is one of my favorite comic characters, but unfortunately it looks as if superman would win the fight. too many extra powers on superman's side.

the winner gets to face the silver surfer :yay:

I agree with this, though i LOVE both characters equally, i have just seen SO much evidence of Superman doing things Hulk could only dream of, like pushing a planet in Our Worlds At War.

Someone had to post this.

supesvshulk18sq.jpg

That picture is misleading if you read the rest of the comic book.

The World War Hulk is much stronger now, faster, has super intelligence and a healing factor better then Wolverines. But I still think Superman would take him... in the right mind set that is. :cwink:

Yeah...if Superman ever lost control, everyone would die. If Supes was angry enough to disregard his code of ethics and not care about Banner's life, Hulk would be obliterated.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]There is a good debate going on over at the DC comics message board about Superman vs Hulk.

Concerning a sun-dipped Superman in the "Our Worlds at War" storyline...

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/...=0&tstart=0

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/FONT] "In addition, it should be noted, I believe, that Imperiex, who possessed universe-level power, could not break out of Brainiac 13's containment field. Sundipped Superman could, however -- Imperiex selected and possessed Superman to do it and Brainiac 13 pleaded with Superman not to do it (and Superman chose not to), both confident that Superman, in that state, was powerful enough to do what Imperiex could not.

You are spot on with your original point. Superman didn't just move Warworld while sundipped, he moved Warworld against the "full counterthrusters" of the Imperiex Power. Prior to absoring the Imperiex Power, Warworld was powerful enough to travel across the universe, with the Imperiex Power, Warworld could destroy, recreate and control the universe.

_Richard​

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/FONT] On a related note, upon absorbing the Imperiex Power, Brainiac 13, who was Warworld, restrained both Earth and Apokolips via energy tendrils. When the tendril between Earth was severed by Steel's Entropy Aegis, Brainiac reconstituted the tendril, making it 100 times as powerful as the tendril was.

At the close of the story, we saw just how powerful the force that was Brainiac 13's "blood" actually was: The power is released adjacent to the Big Bang, creating a parallel universe that blended with the Big Bang's universe.

As great as that power was, it could not outmuscle the sundipped Superman, much less put down or destroy the augmented Man of Steel.

_Richard​

In short a sun-dipped Superman was more powerful than a being that had the power of creating and destroying a Universe.

The Incredible Hulk isn't so "incredible" imo. Especially compared to current Superman.

[/FONT]

Ok here is something I want to throw out there. Supes couldnt beat Doomsday!

Incorrect, the first battle between the two was a tie. Both ended up killing each other with their final blows. I should also throw this out there as well, the Superman in the 1993 Death of Superman storyline was much WEAKER than current 2007 Superman. Which is why you shouldn't use the Doomsday battle as a valid "Hulk can beat Superman because Doomsday beat Superman" argument.

If you compare 1993 Superman's power levels to current Superman you'd be comparing apples to oranges. 1993 Superman is essentially a wimp compared to current Supes.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]There is a good debate going on over at the DC comics message board about Superman vs Hulk. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Concerning a sun-dipped Superman in the "Our Worlds at War" storyline...[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/...=0&tstart=0[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/FONT] "In addition, it should be noted, I believe, that Imperiex, who possessed universe-level power, could not break out of Brainiac 13's containment field. Sundipped Superman could, however -- Imperiex selected and possessed Superman to do it and Brainiac 13 pleaded with Superman not to do it (and Superman chose not to), both confident that Superman, in that state, was powerful enough to do what Imperiex could not.​

You are spot on with your original point. Superman didn't just move Warworld while sundipped, he moved Warworld against the "full counterthrusters" of the Imperiex Power. Prior to absoring the Imperiex Power, Warworld was powerful enough to travel across the universe, with the Imperiex Power, Warworld could destroy, recreate and control the universe.​

_Richard​

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/FONT] On a related note, upon absorbing the Imperiex Power, Brainiac 13, who was Warworld, restrained both Earth and Apokolips via energy tendrils. When the tendril between Earth was severed by Steel's Entropy Aegis, Brainiac reconstituted the tendril, making it 100 times as powerful as the tendril was.​

At the close of the story, we saw just how powerful the force that was Brainiac 13's "blood" actually was: The power is released adjacent to the Big Bang, creating a parallel universe that blended with the Big Bang's universe.​

As great as that power was, it could not outmuscle the sundipped Superman, much less put down or destroy the augmented Man of Steel.​

_Richard​
In short a sun-dipped Superman was more powerful than a being that had the power of creating and destroying a Universe.

The Incredible Hulk isn't so "incredible" imo. Especially compared to current Superman.

[/FONT]

I'm confused about the power levels of current Superman but the Hulk couldnt beat him anyway.

I know the story on Doomsday I have TPB on my shelf.

But that is my point he could not beat his greatest enemy. And you think he could go put against the strongest hero of all.

now not to sound rude. Everyone who say Supes will beat Hulk is say he would win because of his smarts but he was not smart enough to destroy Doomsday, Mother box has to do it for him.

And a big gripe I have here is most people was to put Hulk as the one word grey hulk. Sorry but he has been going for a very long time. And so has P.C superman.

So you have to weigh the fact you have for the CURRENT versions.

And with that in mind Hulk would win. HANDS DOWN

Again you need to stop comparing a version of Superman that does not exist anymore. We are talking about CURRENT 2007 Superman. Not 1993/1994 Superman. Current 2007 Superman is far superior in power compared to 1993/1994 Superman who battled Doomsday.

When we claim Superman's greatest assest in battle is his super intelligence we are talking about current Superman. After Supes got his powers back after being powerless after the Infinite Crisis his intelligence got a boost. You can't say "Super Intelligence my ass" then give an example from a story that happend years BEFORE he got the recent intelligence boost. That doesn't make sense.

We are weighing the facts of the current versions of these two characters. Did you not read my previous posts in which I give examples of CURRENT 2007 Superman? The Hulk cannot compete, Superman works at a much higher level than Hulk. These recent feats prove that. Hands down it is clear The Incredible Hulk isn't so "incredible" compared to current 2007 Superman.

Here they are again....

Superman's speed..able to move at 99% the speed of light within earth's atmosphere. He's been shown faster in outer space.

Superman's heat vision is as hot as the core of a star!!

Superman's strength...under normal power levels he can push the moon. The greatest strength/lifting feat by Hulk was bracing part of a large mountain. What the Hulk braces was 150 tons of mass. The moon is far heavier than part of a large mountain.

Superman's strength is so powerful that..

(Superman and Kal-L hit each other once and destroyed Earth 2) or "shattering the boundaries of space and time" with strength alone (again, against Kal-L) -- hitting so hard that Elseworld versions of himself appear (Superman IC TPB).

Imperiex, at the conclusion of the Our Worlds at War story arc, had absorbed suffcient power to destroy the universe (and chain react the destruction of the multiverse). Imperiex, as Our Worlds at War Secret Files and Origins showed, was God's cosmic agent of universal creation and destruction -- Imperiex was the Big Bang, essentially.

(OT: Brainiac had this power trapped inside himself; Imperiex chose the sundipped Superman to break Imperiex out of Brainiac's cell. Later, Superman outmuscled the Imperiex-powered B-13. That should tell you just how powerful sundipped Superman was in that arc -- Superman was powerful enough to break a cell that a Big Bang level force could not; Superman was powerful enough to outmuscle B-13/Imperiex's "full counter thrusters!")

Imperiex's Probes were not as powerful as Imperiex himself. Nevertheless, an entire army of "solar converted" Daxamites could not put a single dent into a Probe. Only Superman, Doomsday and Zod managed to destroy Probes with their bare hands -- the rest had to use magical artifacts (Wonder Woman's shield and lasso, the Trident of Poseidon) or advanced tech (B-13 based nuclear tanks).

Initially, Superman needed intensive training and a power boost to so much as hang with a Probe in a fight -- a Probe who very casually threw Mongul across the galaxy.

Superman's invunerability is up there aswell.

Recent Superman in May's Action Comics, flies from Vega to Earth in seconds, or light years from a spaceship to the inside of a Sun Eater. He wades through Earth's assembled alien forces (J'onn, Powergirl, Kilowog, etc) in a matter of panels. One shots Despero with heat vision. And has his power depleted and is thrown through Earth and into its core and survives, as well as survives a 700 light year anti-matter explosion when power depleted.

What is World War Hulk going to do against recent Superman, when recent Superman is depicted as that powerful? In my opinion, nothing but lose.

On average, Superman simply operates on a much higher scale than Marvel characters, including Hulk -- especially recently.

Also, Superman's greatest asset over the Hulk, super intelligence. After Superman gets his powers back from being powerless for that one year after the Infinite Crisis, his intelligence has increased. Everything in his brain has been accelerated and amped up.

The greatest feat Hulk has done is destroying an asteroid twice the size of earth.

As a high end feat, this is very impressive for the Hulk. However, it does not compare to Superman's high end feats, such as:

1) Atomizing Earth 2 as the collateral damage of hitting, and being hit by, Kal-L; that is, the planet received no hit, but was simply destroyed as a collateral effect of a single punch on the two combatants' bodies. (Superman Infinite Crisis TPB)

2) Holding a black hole in one hand; then producing sufficient static electricity (via rubbing his hands) for Green Lantern to corral into a temporary containment force; then actually throwing the black hole into another black hole. (JLA 81 or 82)

(Incidentally black holes are the collapsed remains of super-massive stars that have, at minimum, the mass of at least 30 of our Sun, according to modern science.)

3) "Shattering the boundaries of space and time" by way of his fight against Kal-L; that is, hitting each other so hard that: 1) Superman and Kal-L actually switch into the past, present and future of each other's lives; 2) Elseworld versions of themselves actually manifested in time and space. (Superman Infinite Crisis TPB)

4) Superman reverses the vibratory pattern of an entire alternate Earth; does so from high orbit; that is, not even touching the planet. (Adventures of Superman Cannibal Planet issue)

5) Superman and Kal-L, who came up equal in their fight, manhandle Superboy Prime across galaxies and force him through Krypton's Sun. Superboy Prime, it was said and shown, was strong enough to move planets as easily as someone moves "chess pieces." (Infinite Crisis)

Superman splitting "a small Saturnian moon" in Lex 2000; or nearly knocking the Moon out of orbit merely by pounding on it (as one would pound on a table) while sick from Kryptonite poisoning (Til Death Do Us Part TPB).

When Superman and Flash last raced, Flash explained that, were Superman stopped dead in his tracks, it would destroy everything between the Flash's city and Moscow. That's a far larger tract of land than the Rockies -- it's an immense chunk of the planet.

Superman broke through a dome powerful enough to contain a nuclear blast with a stray backhand when he fought the Eradicator.

Superman also punched Bizarro through the planet, from Metropolis to China, in one hit.

To clarify Redwolf's post for those who are not familiar with Superman lore, Kal-L is the original Superman from Earth 2. The reason he was able to fight Superman to a standstill is because he is also Superman. Given all of the above, I am convinced that if either of these two Supermen wanted to kill The Hulk, he could do so in one hit.

Yeah...if Superman ever lost control, everyone would die. If Supes was angry enough to disregard his code of ethics and not care about Banner's life, Hulk would be obliterated.

That is what I said.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]There is a good debate going on over at the DC comics message board about Superman vs Hulk. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Concerning a sun-dipped Superman in the "Our Worlds at War" storyline...[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/...=0&tstart=0[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/FONT] "In addition, it should be noted, I believe, that Imperiex, who possessed universe-level power, could not break out of Brainiac 13's containment field. Sundipped Superman could, however -- Imperiex selected and possessed Superman to do it and Brainiac 13 pleaded with Superman not to do it (and Superman chose not to), both confident that Superman, in that state, was powerful enough to do what Imperiex could not.​
You are spot on with your original point. Superman didn't just move Warworld while sundipped, he moved Warworld against the "full counterthrusters" of the Imperiex Power. Prior to absoring the Imperiex Power, Warworld was powerful enough to travel across the universe, with the Imperiex Power, Warworld could destroy, recreate and control the universe.​
_Richard​
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/FONT] On a related note, upon absorbing the Imperiex Power, Brainiac 13, who was Warworld, restrained both Earth and Apokolips via energy tendrils. When the tendril between Earth was severed by Steel's Entropy Aegis, Brainiac reconstituted the tendril, making it 100 times as powerful as the tendril was.​
At the close of the story, we saw just how powerful the force that was Brainiac 13's "blood" actually was: The power is released adjacent to the Big Bang, creating a parallel universe that blended with the Big Bang's universe.​
As great as that power was, it could not outmuscle the sundipped Superman, much less put down or destroy the augmented Man of Steel.​
_Richard​

[/FONT]

This is good! Very good. Thank you Redwolf! :up: :up:

Incorrect, the first battle between the two was a tie. Both ended up killing each other with their final blows. I should also throw this out there as well, the Superman in the 1993 Death of Superman storyline was much WEAKER than current 2007 Superman. Which is why you shouldn't use the Doomsday battle as a valid "Hulk can beat Superman because Doomsday beat Superman" argument.

If you compare 1993 Superman's power levels to current Superman you'd be comparing apples to oranges. 1993 Superman is essentially a wimp compared to current Supes.

This is good too. Great point! Keep them coming Redwolf! :up: :up:

As far as how Hulk would fair against Doomsday battle. This is what would happen:

HVD1.png

HVD2.png

HVD3.png

HVD4.png

HVD5.png

HVD3.png

To be continued....

Hulk vs Doomsday Part 2:

HVD7.png

HVD8.png

HVD9.png

HVD10.png

The End.

No I am sorry. People like to use that Pre-Crisis Superman for everything but he is no more. I am sorry but the arguement is void for that fact. We are talking Superman now and WW Hulk. And with WW Hulk not being the slow, dumber version. Superman is in for a world of hurt

No I am sorry. People like to use that Pre-Crisis Superman for everything but he is no more. I am sorry but the arguement is void for that fact. We are talking Superman now and WW Hulk. And with WW Hulk not being the slow, dumber version. Superman is in for a world of hurt

Actually there's nothing in the topic title or the first post that suggest we can only consider the current Superman for this debate.

Here's the first post:
Ok, I've been hearing alot of people say that the Hulk from World War Hulk could kick Superman's ass.

What do you think? Discuss.

So I see no reason why anyone is barred from useing the Pre Crisis Superman if they want.

Actually there's nothing in the topic title or the first post that suggest we can only consider the current Superman for this debate.

Here's the first post:

So I see no reason why anyone is barred from useing the Pre Crisis Superman if they want.

Yeah but you have to remember Pre-Crisis Supes got smacked around by Spider-Man before they realized what was going on.

But from what I understoond seeing that we are using WWH (not the hulk someone used from an old comic). We have to take into fact that we are dealing with the Superman from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"