The Universal Studios Thread

CashforStash

Baned User (get it)
Reaction score
Hello fellow Hypesters, I am more then glad to make this thread because of the fact that im a Theme Park fanatic and Universal Being my favorite theme park (Universal Studios Orlando to be exact), and my favorite ride being JAWS which still gladly rests at Universal (YAY). Every two years my family and I go to Universal Studios Orlando and...err...it's the best time ever, and next month is when im going back to Universal Studios Orlando (to be exact im leaving my house on Dec 26th to get there), but im pretty sad about the loss of Kongfrontation (the second best ride there) and Back to the Future **Sigh**.

So guys, discuss the rides and such there.

IMO, Islands of Adventure > Universal Studios. Anywho, I think the best ride currently at Universal would be Revenge of the Mummy. Haven't been on The Simpsons yet but from what I understand it's nothing special.

I've only been to the Hollywood park, and that was way back in the mid-90s. There was a game show filming that day, and the entire park cleared out so everyone could join the studio audience. I got to ride the Jurassic Park ride twice within 10 minutes.

I use to have passes for Universal/Islands...but they expired. Now every year I get a free ticket in the mail that allows me to visit both parks for one day. It's pretty sweet. So I go about once a year. They're both really fun parks. :up:

Yeah awesome parks, I love em :D,

But is it just me or was the update to the Earthquake ride (formly known as "Disaster Ride") the most pointless upgrade to a ride ever?

I use to have passes for Universal/Islands...but they expired. Now every year I get a free ticket in the mail that allows me to visit both parks for one day. It's pretty sweet. So I go about once a year. They're both really fun parks. :up:

How did you score free tickets every year? The world wants to know! :p

Yeah awesome parks, I love em :D,

But is it just me or was the update to the Earthquake ride (formly known as "Disaster Ride") the most pointless upgrade to a ride ever?
Incredibly pointless. As much as I love Walken, the stupid filming and movie-set theme ruin the power of the ride. I remember loving that ride prior to the update, now I can take it or leave it.

Incredibly pointless. As much as I love Walken, the stupid filming and movie-set theme ruin the power of the ride. I remember loving that ride prior to the update, now I can take it or leave it.

Yeah just judging by the vids on youtube it seems very pointless and spoils the ride (mostly because the guy is telling you to scream and act all scared and such while the ride is on, that ruins the ride for me)

And is it just me, or am I the only one that dreams to go on the fake lil Island on the centre of the Jaws ride and walk into all the fake houses and sets?

I also get that free ticket a year.
I love Islands of Adventure soo much more than Universal studios.

My favorite rides there:

1. The Hulk
2. Dueling Dragons (fire)
3. Dueling Dragons (ice)
4. The Mummy
5. Jurassic Park
6. Terminator 3D
7. Spider-man 3D
8. Doctor Doom fear falls
9. Jaws
10. E.T

They need to have more rollercoasters though. There are really only three big ones...not enough for an amusement park! However its very fun! Nice designs..especially their laudible work for amity island & Jurassic Park :up: :up:

Worst Rides: Shrek 4D, Jimmy Neutron, The Flying Unicorn.
Also I think King Kong and Back to the Future are gone :csad:

Yeah just judging by the vids on youtube it seems very pointless and spoils the ride (mostly because the guy is telling you to scream and act all scared and such while the ride is on, that ruins the ride for me)

And is it just me, or am I the only one that dreams to go on the fake lil Island on the centre of the Jaws ride and walk into all the fake houses and sets?
I find the ambiance of Disney, Universal, and other theme parks to often be more enjoyable than the rides themselves. It's odd, I know, but I absolutely love things like the hotel lobby at the Tower of Terror.

Also I think King Kong and Back to the Future are gone :csad:

At Orlando, King Kong was removed forever ago to make way for The Mummy attraction and Back to the Future was removed for The Simpsons ride.

At Hollywood, the original King Kong attraction was destroyed in the most recent fire, but there are plans to rebuild it with a T-Rex vs. Kong theme ala the Peter Jackson film. Back to the Future was also removed there to make way for the Simpsons.

The ambiance is certainly a lot more fun than eating at any of them. I went to Disney's California Adventure once. They had a McDonalds in the food court. I spent $5 on the Dollar Menu.

I went to the Hollywood one once back in 05, I loved it. Mummy and Back to the Future were my favorite rides. It's a shame Kong was destroyed an BTTF got replaced. :(

How did you score free tickets every year? The world wants to know! :p

I honestly don't know. I guess it has something to do with me having passes before, but I really don't know. One of my friends also gets the free ticket but he never had passes...so I dunno.

Anyone looking forward to when they finish Hogwarts?

I want to go there so bad :csad:

But I doubt I ever will :waa:

At Orlando, King Kong was removed forever ago to make way for The Mummy attraction and Back to the Future was removed for The Simpsons ride.

At Hollywood, the original King Kong attraction was destroyed in the most recent fire, but there are plans to rebuild it with a T-Rex vs. Kong theme ala the Peter Jackson film. Back to the Future was also removed there to make way for the Simpsons.
Yeah. I liked King Kong but I have to admit the new Mummy ride is 10000000000 times better :up:
I haven't been to the new Simpson's ride but I heard it sucks!

I want to go there so bad :csad:

But I doubt I ever will :waa:
Its nothing major. If you're a rollercoater lover it definitely not a big deal, there are only 3 big coasters there (Hulk and dueling dragons) and one moderate one (Mummy).

I want to go to Cedar Point. Now that place has a lot of rollercoasters and they look intense!! But why did they make it in Ohio, who really goes to Ohio for vacation!?...no offense to anyone from Ohio :o

Its nothing major. If you're a rollercoater lover it definitely not a big deal, there are only 3 big coasters there (Hulk and dueling dragons) and one moderate one (Mummy).

When it comes to coasters, I can take em or leave em. I wanna see all the Marvel stuff...and I've just always wanted to visit Universal.

I am totally making the trek there when the Harry Potter land opens :D

i went there earlier this year and had a great time . i love the night scene . they were still building the simpsons ride but the gift shop was awesome .
i never got to see a movie there but i want to go in that theatre .

Can't wait for Harry Potter Island, should be awesome!

That mummy ride scared the living hell outta me...Yeah i can take it going fast forward...but then the S.O.B ride does it backwards...oh hell no..never again i said

The Hulk, Dueling Dragons and...of course Spider-man the ride...actually that was the whole reason i wanted to go.....go spidey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"