Superman Returns Sweet! Did anyone else see the new tv spot TODAY?!

Okay who's complaining about that CG shot at the end? Because they're crazy. That's great CGI. Almost flawless.

It didn't look too much like the Matrix Reloaded, either. It reminded me more of Superman flying in the lava in Superman: The Movie.

Another excellent TV spot. Brandon's lines are really neat.

I had made a post earlier this week that I was a little nervous about Brandon's acting ability simply because we didn't hear very much of his dialogue in the previous trailers and TV spots. Last night, those fears completely went away. What we saw may not have been an insane amount of dialogue... but, his lines and his delivery REALLY hit home... it touched on something that most people don't think about when they picture Superman... someone with all of these amazing abilities that wants to help everyone he can, but CAN'T. No matter how much good he does, there will always be someone that he can't save because its impossible for him to be everywhere at once. Singer obviously understands this and has incorporated it into the movie, and Routh certainly seems to be quite capable of delivering it. I can't wait to see more!!!

great TV spot, awesome.

Now I read through some of the posts:

Supes is not standing above lois, or floating above her. Moreover, Lois is not on her knees. There is this handy little thing on media players called 'pause'. You can clearly see that it is the scene where Supes and Lois are flying. She is next to him. Check it out.

and as far as routh looking 'shiny' in the last shot (the death star tunnel), have you idiots seen the costume? It's not dull, it does have a shiny aspect to it. And remember, that in the movie, you're not going to get the chance to pause, rewind and scrutinize every detail.

and finally, just my opinion of special effects: THEY ALWAYS LOOK FAKE. To ask for photorealism, is to ask for the impossible. Really, the only way I find that FX look real, is when the whole film is grainy and out of focus: like in a downloaded/pirated version, because atleast then, every bit of the film has the same 'image' quality.

Wow... Brandon's voice sounded very SUPERMAN, I was kinda doubting his voice for superman but after that trailer man. Brandon Routh is today's Superman.

Good TV spot, it was my favorite one yet.

The spot was awesome! The effects looks AWESOME! Brandon delivers his line with such passion (the man can act!)... The spot was intense... and the more people see of these things, the more they'll come to understand that this movie means buisness!! LOVE EVERYTHING I SEE!

I would have liked to hear some banter between superman and Lex luthor. I mean I think that all we've heard from routh/superman is from the same scene, Lois vs. Supes (probably on top of the daily planet). It's just that I'm curious about the Supes vs. Lex dialogue and interaction. And also, we've seen relatively little of spacey in the promotion (I thought he would be someone that they flaunt as promotion kicks into high gear for the final month b4 premier)

B/c Reeve's delivery of the line: "Luthor, you diseased maniac" That's a hard line to pull off convincingly, but it worked. Will the Routh/Spacey interaction be strong. B/c for all it's faults, the interaction between Hackman and Reeve was great (and was the rare occasion where the STM Luthor's campiness was almost justified), especially whenever Luthor and Supes meet face to face.

It´s great to see Routh finally winning over many of his former detractors... I love how you see more conviction than sadness in his eyes when he talks to Lois, it´s as if he says, "I have too many people to help, I know I can´t help everyone... But I will try, always"

ultimatefan said:
It´s great to see Routh finally winning over many of his former detractors... I love how you see more conviction than sadness in his eyes when he talks to Lois, it´s as if he says, "I have too many people to help, I know I can´t help everyone... But I will try, always"
EXACTLY! It's beautiful.

The coolest line Hackman delievered in STM is where supes says "Is that how a sick twisted mind like yours gets its kicks...by planning the deaths of innocent people!"... And Lex replies very provoking "No..by CAUSING the deaths of innocent people" LOVE that line!

Naite22 said:
The coolest line Hackman delievered in STM is where supes says "Is that how a sick twisted mind like yours gets its kicks...by planning the deaths of innocent people!"... And Lex replies very provoking "No..by CAUSING the deaths of innocent people" LOVE that line!

I KNOW, I WANNA SEE SOME OF THAT BANTER IN THE PREVIEWS!!!!

Superfreak said:
I KNOW, I WANNA SEE SOME OF THAT BANTER IN THE PREVIEWS!!!!
Me too... I can't say that we will, cause no one knows.. but there will be PLENTY of that within the movie:)

They really only get the chance to speak to each other at one time in the movie guys

DvilDog said:
They really only get the chance to speak to each other at one time in the movie guys
I know..but surely Lex will have a lot of screentime with others, and that's cool.

DvilDog said:

yeah, and it's the best luthor bit in the whole 2 movies (other than "Mush, Misteshmaker, Mush"

well its good and its bad, its good because imo if the hero and villain meet too many times in the film and the hero keeps getting his ass handed to him or vice versa it gets boring. But that scene between spacey and routh doesnt need to be good it doesnt need to be great, it needs to be brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"